Question for 912 operators.....

Replaced cheap fuel lines in 2012.

Replaced cheap fuel lines in 2012.

Hey Chris good you found it, I was just wondering if you have had any fuel line issues that black stuff could be telling you some thing more.I had to change mine at low hrs as they were cracking, cheap stuff used during build. There are two ratings for this tube 07 and 09. The 09 stuff is expensive but bullet proof, as it takes a few hours to replace the fuel lines it's worth it as you won't have to revisit it for a while. The high octane fuels we use these days i believe is the culprit as it seems to eat rubber. I'm using BP Ultimate and i know i'll need to replace my fuel tank inspection nipples soon too. Anyway just keep an eye on it mate that black stuff might have come out of your fuel line. Might be worth looking at it from the inside.

Mike.

My build thread here ..... http://www.rotaryforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32688
I have upgraded a lot of sub-aviation standard materials that came in the kit.
Fuel lines were done summer of 2012 ... using the blue bing (ethanol blend safe lines) ... the original black rubber was degrading after the first few hours! :rolleyes:
It's done over 66 hours since the new lines .... late last summer the engine went off for a replacement stator & the new fuel pump was installed - under rotax recall/warranty. ( Done about 47 hours since)

I think Jeff hit on something ( add an inline filter AFTER the mechanical pump!)... that particle may have been introduced to the fuel line when disconnected ... or somehow come from the new pump???? ... & been migrating since last summer!! :noidea:

I have the MTO coolant heater on the carbs ... no ice worries!

(Stinky)venting fuel caps on all tanks ... all clear & open!

No problems on last test flight ... awaiting the fog to lift ... hoping to get out for a fly here shortly! :D