Queensland Crash...

Bill Clem

No details. From ABC news.

Pilot critically injured in gyrocopter crash
Posted Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:36am AEST

Map data ©2013 GBRMPA, Google - Terms of Use

Map
MAP: Dakenba 4715
A 30-year-old man is clinging to life in a central Queensland hospital after a gyrocopter crash near Biloela late yesterday.

Police say the pilot clipped powerlines and slammed into a field at Dakenba around 5:00pm (AEST).

He was initially taken to Biloela Hospital but has been airlifted to Rockhampton Hospital where he remains in a critical condition.

Aviation safety authorities are investigating the circumstances.

Topics: accidents, dakenba-4715, biloela-4715, rockhampton-4700

More stories from Queensland

Wires!!!! Pilots cannot see them, our eyes do not pick up horizontal lines as well as vertical = when low constantly look for POLLS they are wider and you can see them.

On emergency landings on dirt roads I was taught to look for fence polls and telephone polls!

A 30-year-old man is clinging to life in a central Queensland hospital after a gyrocopter crash near Biloela
Bloodyell!!!
How unlucky is that?
Powerlines??? near Biloela, he must picked out the only one there. :(

Biloela

Biloela

A 30-year-old man is clinging to life in a central Queensland hospital after a gyrocopter crash near Biloela
Bloodyell!!!
How unlucky is that?
Powerlines??? near Biloela, he must picked out the only one there. :(

:peace:
I think there are 3 Birdy, but all on the same pole.

Birdy i think your getting biloela mixed up with boulia, plenty lines down that way one would think, heaps of mining in that area so that means heaps of power usage.

Birdy, don't forget...

Birdy, don't forget...

the old rallying cry... "Dyslexics Untie!" or "In Dog We Trust!"

Any news locally on the pilot?

Biloela in CQ is pretty densely populated (by NT standards) - a lot of farming - plenty of grain and cotton - great danger there is from low flying crop dusters, and a few of those hit lines too when I was there in the 80s...

And the Callide Power Station and Callide Coal mine is about 20 Km to the east - so there are some big lines around there...

Some bigger cattle places (well, not by Birdy and NT standards) to the west. Possibly he was working out there?

I pray he is pulling through OK.