Punkin is for sale!

Penguin

Too Short a Member
Aircraft
Dominator, 582, 23' Dragon Wings, 60" Warp Drive
Total Flight Time
250+ hours
Yes, it's true.
Trying to buy a beach hooch and may need the money.
Excellent value.
Check out the classifieds.

I hate to see this listed!
Larry, you will be missed!!!!! Good luck on the new digs.

Great gyro for those looking!

Nahh.
Not going anywhere.
Just raising some temporary funds.

Sorry to hear that Larry, hope just temporary. My beach house for sale in order to try and buy that Austrian dream machine.

Any pics of Punkin ?

These pics are from before the laydown radiator mod which is documented here on the RWF.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Hi Larry

Nice looking single machine - is this N812A?

Steve

Hi Larry

Nice looking single machine - is this N812A?

Steve

Yes, N812A.
These pics are a little dated as noted.
They don't show the laydown radiator nor the coilovers.
For some reason I can't find the current photos.
Will take some in the next day or two.

Yes, N812A.
These pics are a little dated as noted.
They don't show the laydown radiator nor the coilovers.
For some reason I can't find the current photos.
Will take some in the next day or two.

Did you have the prop dipped ? How did you get such a carbon look on it otherwise?

Not to say anything negative, but in the pictures above, its sitting tail low.... Like the shocks are either not sprung right, or if its still airshocks they aren't inflated properly. The rear keel section should be level with the ground static... and my preference is to have the shocks firm enough that it stays level with my weight in the machine and with the machine rolling. Anyway, just sayin...

I haven't looked in the classifieds to see how much you want for it. Might be good idea to list a price in this thread too. Im in the market for a gyro myself, but Im pretty sure this one will be outta my $$$ range. Good luck with the sale

$15,000, very fair price, couldn't build one for that, you should get it Ron.

Single place Dominator with pod. N812A. 300 hours on A&P. (Properly) injected 582, 23' Dragon Wings, 2.62:1 C Box, 60" Warp drive with clear over carbon fiber, coilovers, auxiliary fuel tank, lay down radiator. Awesome tail art.

Radio, dipole antenna, helmet. Climb rate, altimeter, airspeed, tach, rotor tach (Red Devil). EIS including CHTs, EGTs, water temp, Hobbs meter, flight time. 12VDC cigarette outlet (so you Colorado guys can spark up).

Extremely well maintained and flown regularly. Everything works and works perfectly. All documents and a box of spares.

This is an extremely well maintained and trimmed gyro.
It hauls butt - ask around.
I'm 5'7" and 160lbs (when I fly buck nekkid).
email or PM me.
You snooze, you lose.

[email protected]
321-720-0349

Thats not bad at all. But outta my reach... Im in the market for something about half that price. I like the look of that prop. That hydro graphics stuff is really cool, would be sweet to build a gyro and have all the frame work dipped in " wood " finish.... that would really make peoples eye brows rise wouldn't it!

Not to say anything negative, but in the pictures above, its sitting tail low.... Like the shocks are either not sprung right, or if its still airshocks they aren't inflated properly. The rear keel section should be level with the ground static... and my preference is to have the shocks firm enough that it stays level with my weight in the machine and with the machine rolling. Anyway, just sayin...

Good eye, Ron.
Good eye for the pics, not so much for the text.
As noted, pics are old from before the coilovers were put on.

And yes, the airshocks have leaked down in that pic.
Problem solved with the coilovers.

You? Negative? Nahhhh.

Last edited:
Did you have the prop dipped ? How did you get such a carbon look on it otherwise?

Not a "carbon look" Ron, it IS carbon fiber.
Under their satin black paint if the beautiful carbon fiber layup that Warp Drives does.
A shame they hide it.

Lacquer thinner removes their coat of paint revealing the craftsmanship.
I then fine sanded it and applied automotive clear (thanks, Mike) in 2 very thin coats.
Also installed clear vinyl to leading edges to help protect the prop.

The clear is holding up very well.
I've been told it is not as UV resistant as the black but she is always hangared so it's not an issue.

He ain't gonna sell it.
But if he does, someone is getting a well sorted bird.
To say he is ANAL, is an understatement.
Ever since I can remember, he has kept a log on every vehicle.
While he was keeping logs, I was chasing skirts. Go figure...

While he was chasing skirts, I was GETTING skirts ...
:boink:

Does the tail art go with it or are you keeping that?