Psru

Forever and ad nauseum
this is what this diatribe has become . . .
After you started talking past each other, nonsense is the best way to have fun with the thread . . .but some don´t like it.
Just let the man execise his preparatory speech and sharpen his sales skills, sometimes we teach others in an effort to teach ourselves.
The poking as gone to far, let it play itself out, time is our most abundant commodity it seems . . .
Heron

Unfortunately we live in a world where there huge amount of negativity that surrounds just about anything and everything. Curiously , those prospective customer or buyer readings negative information about what we are doing, they email to inquire about what they have read or heard, when this happens, i take the time to address each person who wants to know more about it rather than trying to combat the problem on this forum. I decided, no longer responding or rebutting the statements or comments or blunts lies being made about us on this board , I do not feel like getting caught up in rumors and negativity which actually go in my favor, technical question will be answered . Our machinist working on the final touches for the centrifugal clutch and getting ready the bell housing for the Suzuki engines.

Thanks
Albert

centrifugal5.jpg

centrifugal7suzuki.jpg

Come back when you are ready Albert!
Hard cold facts are good gags . . .
Best wishes
Heron

Yes, of course, but in the meantime obliging to some followers wanting to see the progress made on the automatic clutches.

Thanks
Albert

centrifugal12.jpg

centrifugal13.jpg

We have machined a few pressure plates (with bearings inserts) and this one gives us the best results. Since this clutch is designed for the Subaru engines, the boob weights are of a specific size and weight, for smaller engines the weight would be smaller. We are looking at the possibility to adapt this automatic centrifugal clutch to any engine.

Thanks
Albert

47358617.jpg

22109712.jpg

Very clever indeed.

Albert

Looks like a copy of the original idea of cam weights and clutch recently pioneered and promoted by the late Bud Warren with Geared Drives company here in the States for their auto engine conversions for aircraft. Great idea for isolating torsionals but leaves you with a windmilling prop with engine out- not the best solution for aircraft IMO.

The road to successful aircraft redrive development is littered with the remants of the 90% of the stuff that doesn't work. You seem to be very optimistic about being able to adapt something to a number of different engines. Copying is not the same as innovative design and requires thorough testing of each change in the development process.

Jeron Smith
Raven ReDrives Inc.

For some yrs my tandem trainer was powered by sub4 with NSI redrive on the back. These are sprag geared, and windmill when not driven.
Engine outs were the norm in training, never experienced problems..........never.

My only concern was the inability to hand crank the engine if battery or starter were causing probs..........especially in a remote location.

Windmilling propeller

Windmilling propeller

Hello Jeron,

Please tell us about you expierence flying behind or in front of a windmilling propeller.

Regards
Jason

Albert

Looks like a copy of the original idea of cam weights and clutch recently pioneered and promoted by the late Bud Warren with Geared Drives company here in the States for their auto engine conversions for aircraft. Great idea for isolating torsionals but leaves you with a windmilling prop with engine out- not the best solution for aircraft IMO.

The road to successful aircraft redrive development is littered with the remants of the 90% of the stuff that doesn't work. You seem to be very optimistic about being able to adapt something to a number of different engines. Copying is not the same as innovative design and requires thorough testing of each change in the development process.

Jeron Smith
Raven ReDrives Inc.

Russ from downunder
Can a system with pull cord be designed for emergency cases?
thanks
Heron

Something could be setup i spoze..........what ????????????

soob ea81's, were generally easy/ quick starters.......couple of flicks, they fire up.
"NSI" must have had a reason "why" they went to sprag geared system, yet to hear of any negatives from any of their products available. Do know that a heap of their redrives are fitted to the fixed wing guys.

Albert

Jeron Smith
Raven ReDrives Inc.

There are hundreds invention all over the world applying centrifugal force to engage a pressure plate, some use bearings and other use weights, Matthias Fisher, a German in 1990 developed a centrifugal clutch and the same lines as the late Bud Warren, Antonov, in 1987 a Russian mechanic developed a centrifugal clutch using H type fingers and lastly Kumer, an American, not sure what year, used wedges to action the pressure plate, and so many others developed centrifugal clutches intended for the automotive industries whilst Bud Warren (RIP) applied it to experimental aviation industries, hardly an innovation. Neither the clutch itself, nor your belted redrives cancel torsional, and you correctly at engine out, you have a windmill effect and still today debatable as to benefits or otherwise.

The centrifugal clutches can be implemented to any converted engine, and let me assure you, our engineers are very capable and not clutch will be sold, before throughout tested. I guess you do the same with your products.

Thanks
Albert

Last edited:
Russ
The old Ford T comes to mind, with a crank bar, but where to set the gears?
Heron
Albert . . .no more excuplanations . . .just do it and show us when done!

You know if you just ignore this thread it might just go away, or maybe spray the bug spray like Raid.....

this tossing out of baits, the bizare secrecy of both the man, and company alluded to here, is "strange" to say the least.
This chap continues this same theme in other forums about. And from comments we hear, he get's the flick on most occasions...........pity.
His pics, his explanations of the "mechanics", the "why" etc etc, does draw ones interest....( mine anyway )..........but all that is lost because of his methods.
All this is either one hell of a rooze, or this guy just might come up with the goods, but has lost us all in the "preview"

His "finger print" is unmistakeable, the name just keeps changing.........strange.

this tossing out of baits, the bizare secrecy of both the man, and company alluded to here, is "strange" to say the least.
This chap continues this same theme in other forums about. And from comments we hear, he get's the flick on most occasions...........pity.
His pics, his explanations of the "mechanics", the "why" etc etc, does draw ones interest....( mine anyway )..........but all that is lost because of his methods.
All this is either one hell of a rooze, or this guy just might come up with the goods, but has lost us all in the "preview"

His "finger print" is unmistakeable, the name just keeps changing.........strange.

Everyone has his prints and you are mistaken, despite an obnoxious member of this board trying his outmost to get us flick on another board, he dint succeed, other to say his untruths are well documented. Our methods are not hurting anyone, while we are trying to expose our work and despite the acidity of some, we have, such as yourself, a strong amount of followers very interested in our innovations, and since we are talking aviation, it takes some time to test and subsequent to release our products. I hope, we will retain your interest in our previews.

Thanks
Albert

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/7221/awr.mp4

I wish for everyone p i ssing on this thread to simply just p i ss-off themselves !!! If you don't like the thread, ignore the Psru thread. I'm sure you guy's can make out I'm p i ssed-off myself.....

Forget who he is, forget who else he seems to be, forget about wanting to purchase his stuff, but be thankfull that he is posting something technical, something with pictures, something to stimulate us tech guru's into thinking.

it sure beats crappy posts about guns, ET's, and the worlds problems. This is a thread about technical stuff, and I love to see the pictures, admire the clean workshop, see the machining progress on parts, trying to figure out how they work. So what if it's copied, it's fun to watch a creation in progress.

Last edited:
"This is a thread about technical stuff, and I love to see the pictures, admire the clean workshop, see the machining progress on parts, trying to figure out how they work. So what if it's copied, it's fun to watch a creation in progress."

Well put, Sir!