Psru

Jeff,
I thought the gear rations were to high for the Weber as well. I thought it would be better from 2.7 and lower.

Albert ,
how did you determine the ratio for the Weber and would you send me any pictures you have of the Weber setup? email [email protected]

Also are your gearboxs clones of the Autofight box?

Hello Mark

There will be never a huge market making a proper two stroke PSRU for a specific engine. Harmonics and balancing for a two stoke engine are complete different set of calculations than a four stroke, two stroke engines would require the use of a clutch and possibly engaging the box at certain RPM, making a bell housing for a clutch arrangement for the Weber engine is possible but commercially not viable.

We manufacture a box with integrated clutch (Aero 11) and at the moment designing bell housing for the BMW (oil heads) due to be completed by the end of this year.

Also are your gearboxs clones of the Autofight box?

No, we use a different DNA.

Regards
Albert

PSRU Aero-11 Propeller Speed Reduction (2.55) Unit with helical gears (40 CR) supported by four ball-bearing races. The output shaft in an isostatic configuration with an oblique two crown sphere bearing. Clutch engages: 1900-2100 rpm. (sold separately ) Gears are EN39B case hardened to 60R, alloy case is CC601 heat treated to T6, output shaft is 4140. Weight: 9kg (20lbs). Rated up to 130 hp at 6500 rpm, and easily adaptable to any engine. Connection from clutch to primary gear through a grooved hub, made from 7075-T6 with hard anodized surface. Bell housings available for Suzuki, Webber 750 Ergal mass centrifugal dragging hub with hard oxide surfacing. Clutch shoes are of the sintered type with a bonded material high friction coefficient. FOB China USD 740.00 (minimum order)

Albert,
I am missing something in the translation. This was your first post. The Weber 750 is the 4 stroke.

PSRU Aero-11 Propeller Speed Reduction (2.55) Unit with helical gears (40 CR) supported by four ball-bearing races. The output shaft in an isostatic configuration with an oblique two crown sphere bearing. Clutch engages: 1900-2100 rpm. (sold separately ) Gears are EN39B case hardened to 60R, alloy case is CC601 heat treated to T6, output shaft is 4140. Weight: 9kg (20lbs). Rated up to 130 hp at 6500 rpm, and easily adaptable to any engine. Connection from clutch to primary gear through a grooved hub, made from 7075-T6 with hard anodized surface. Bell housings available for Suzuki, Webber 750 Ergal mass centrifugal dragging hub with hard oxide surfacing. Clutch shoes are of the sintered type with a bonded material high friction coefficient. FOB China USD 740.00 (minimum order)

Albert,
I am missing something in the translation. This was your first post. The Weber 750 is the 4 stroke.

Mark
Ops.. I should have written arrangement for two strokes engine is possible but commercially not viable. For Aero 22 bell housings for the Weber engine were done based on a 3D scan supplied from an associate in Germany , we had some difficulties in acquiring the engine directly from Weber Automotive GMBH, and this meant some delays.

Since the engine has a crankshaft counterbalancing shaft, if there is a need of a flywheel, possible clutch arrangements and what type of engine couplings to avoid dreaded torsional pulses. Basically the engine was never intended to be used in an aircraft configuration, amongst others; we have remapped the existing Bosch ECU, to lean from the factory, fuel curve, timing and other parameters but ultimately we will replace the stand alone ECU with a dedicated ECU made by another well know ECU maker. Trails, if all goes as planned, will begin with a local made AD2000 (canard configuration) aircraft by the end of this year.

Albert

Good on you jonathan! Shall we go into the reason the Autoflight gearbox on your customers craft was wrecked? I offered your customer a new unit at cost, a good offer seeing as I didn't wreck this unit. This engine was assembled wrong and the customer told me it ran so bad he thought it was going to jump out of engine frame. You told me it had run three minutes, your customer told me he had already run it some time like this at his place. No gearbox is going to stand up to this punishment. The rubber drive was destroyed this points to a severe engine resonance issue i.e. the plug leads on wrong or cam timing badly out. Something a " mechanic " should be able to pick up!

I saw first hand this engine in question and it shook so bad I was concerned about the airframe afterwards. I told the owner... Why would you run this with the prop on with this much vibration ? ..... And advised to just run it propless till he could get the engine to run normally, THEN put the prop on it.

Seeing how much that engine shook, it does not shock me that the prop shaft broke. That engine was run for what I would guess was at least 2 to 3 full hours worth of running, in the quest of trying to get it to run right, before it was ever loaded up and trailered to Automan.

Not in my shop.

Not in my shop.

I never saw the engine run before it had the prop on it. I put new spark plugs in it, put a new needle, seat and float in the carb. Fired it up and it ran with a lot of vibration. I had maybe 3 mins on the engine before the shaft broke and when it did the engine ran very very smooth.

J

I saw first hand this engine in question and it shook so bad I was concerned about the airframe afterwards. I told the owner... Why would you run this with the prop on with this much vibration ? ..... And advised to just run it propless till he could get the engine to run normally, THEN put the prop on it.

Seeing how much that engine shook, it does not shock me that the prop shaft broke. That engine was run for what I would guess was at least 2 to 3 full hours worth of running, in the quest of trying to get it to run right, before it was ever loaded up and trailered to Automan.

3 vs 4 blade prop

3 vs 4 blade prop

Neil,

I am curious if lack of a weighted fly wheel only shows problems with more than 3 blades.

The prop was a warp drive 4 blade prop.

Interesting thread!
Thanks
Heron (more power to choices)
What does make a company german? (owner, papers, past, etc)

Interesting thread!
Thanks
Heron (more power to choices)
What does make a company german? (owner, papers, past, etc)

Hello Heron

Not sure what you mean, all I know the company is a WOFE and the owners are Germans. By all intend and purposes is German company manufacturing from China. Noticed you are from Brasil, that is very interesting, I come from Central America.

Thanks
Albert

Hello Albert
I have been in the gyro scene since 2K and kinda know a little about it and the people that are regulars in the action.
Lots of trenches here, many shooting from the hip without deeper consideration on matters.
Dismissing others (not the friendly) achievements is common in our midst.
Reading the books, I have learned that many reconfigured old ideias and presented better versions of what not, which I think is great.
But if something is too similar to a product, the "original" owner will rant and rave, you see, this is not public oriented but, more an ego trip than anything else.
I go to chinese restaurants, all pretty similar with different tastes, cantonese, HK, etc. The owners, sometimes, are not chinese but still, they are chinese eating places.
So, if an american manufacturer goes to China and makes his product there, will we assume it is no longer american? Can it be made better?
German cars are taken as the best around, as for all machinery made there, American cars used to be the consumer´s dream all around the globe, untill Asia opened up the Cornucopia . . .
Here in Brazil, I had some fierce resistance against "my" "american" gyro project, they said the "national" gyro was better: spain in origin, bensen based, VW powered and I still look for its domecity . . . but you know . . . stuborn is who stuborn does . . .
I would love to see our little machines more popular, available and every little piece of help is welcome, but hey . . . I am not a manufacturer yet, so . .. what do I know?
Lets get these PRSU´s out in the open and see them fail or succeed at work.
As for the reversed engineering thing . . . we all copy God, he invented Nature and that is our source of information . . .
Heron

Hello Albert
I have been in the gyro scene since 2K and kinda know a little about it and the people that are regulars in the action.
Lots of trenches here, many shooting from the hip without deeper consideration on matters.
Dismissing others (not the friendly) achievements is common in our midst.
Reading the books, I have learned that many reconfigured old ideias and presented better versions of what not, which I think is great.
But if something is too similar to a product, the "original" owner will rant and rave, you see, this is not public oriented but, more an ego trip than anything else.
I go to chinese restaurants, all pretty similar with different tastes, cantonese, HK, etc. The owners, sometimes, are not chinese but still, they are chinese eating places.
So, if an american manufacturer goes to China and makes his product there, will we assume it is no longer american? Can it be made better?
German cars are taken as the best around, as for all machinery made there, American cars used to be the consumer´s dream all around the globe, untill Asia opened up the Cornucopia . . .
Here in Brazil, I had some fierce resistance against "my" "american" gyro project, they said the "national" gyro was better: spain in origin, bensen based, VW powered and I still look for its domecity . . . but you know . . . stuborn is who stuborn does . . .
I would love to see our little machines more popular, available and every little piece of help is welcome, but hey . . . I am not a manufacturer yet, so . .. what do I know?
Lets get these PRSU´s out in the open and see them fail or succeed at work.
As for the reversed engineering thing . . . we all copy God, he invented Nature and that is our source of information . . .
Heron

Hello Heron

Indeed, very interesting post, pleasure reading in between the lines.
Thanks

Albert

Heron, the " Aeroflight"gearbox you see in their advertising is an Autoflight gearbox. This gearbox is made in New Zealand. There has been no licence given from Autoflight for this china company to copy. They do not own this design!

Neil
What are you or we going to do about it?
Is there any chance of a deal that makes all happy?
I have been more than kind with many products, always asking the owner if its possible the production in Brazil, every project is born dead with our tax system, almost 45% on top goes to the Govt.
I had some bruises from several people, it is like the tigress garding the den . . .no business talk, it is alwys, stealing "my" stuff . . .
A basic reduction is pretty similar to others after you picked your kind of casing.
If the new product is just cosmetic enhanced to look different, will it be acceptable, or it is better for all that we have a clone with better guts?
Remember, we all collected data and info from our ancestors in aviation, even Santos Dumont did so . . .
thanks and keep us informed
Heron

Well, I know I still need a gearbox for my Yamaha Air Command project.

What are you or we going to do about it?
They're betting it's not worth Neil's time & money to fight it.

Personally, I wouldn't buy anything from a company that steals from people like Neil. No matter how cheap it is...

Vote with your wallet, support the innovators & not the guys simply cloning stuff.

They're betting it's not worth Neil's time & money to fight it.

Personally, I wouldn't buy anything from a company that steals from people like Neil. No matter how cheap it is...

Vote with your wallet, support the innovators & not the guys simply cloning stuff.

Sounds good to me.

Graeme.