Psru

Aircraft
Cessna150
Total Flight Time
Hello folks..

I work as a representative of a German manufacturing company in the province of Shandong China, manufacturing components for the aviations industries, from PSRU’s, specialized engines components and other aviations items for the export market. The company has released 5 type of PSRU all of them reversed engineered to a superior standard of materials and engineering.

PSRU Aero-11 Propeller Speed Reduction (2.55) Unit with helical gears (40 CR) supported by four ball-bearing races. The output shaft in an isostatic configuration with an oblique two crown sphere bearing. Clutch engages: 1900-2100 rpm. (sold separately ) Gears are EN39B case hardened to 60R, alloy case is CC601 heat treated to T6, output shaft is 4140. Weight: 9kg (20lbs). Rated up to 130 hp at 6500 rpm, and easily adaptable to any engine. Connection from clutch to primary gear through a grooved hub, made from 7075-T6 with hard anodized surface. Bell housings available for Suzuki, Webber 750 Ergal mass centrifugal dragging hub with hard oxide surfacing. Clutch shoes are of the sintered type with a bonded material high friction coefficient. FOB China USD 740.00 (minimum order)

PSRU Aero 22 Is a single reduction gear drive (2.34) utilizing two helical cut gears mounted on shafting which is supported by ball bearings at each end. The torque is transmitted by a fully machined shaft which is driven by an extension of the flywheel bolts. This shaft drives a 3 bolt "star" assembly one piece machined to the shaft. The engine output torque is then passed to a non-metallic assembly Centaflex type (held by three bolts) In this assembly, that non-metallic unit is referred to as the torsional vibration damper. These gearboxes were designed in 2008 for aviation conversion of 2 and 4-stroke engines. Recommended for up to 170HP engines. It is possible to use these gearboxes for both (tractor and pusher) layouts, install it up, down and any degrees left or right on the bell housing. The body consists of 2 bolted down parts: 1) gearbox with the gear and oil inside and damper housing ,mount plate (bell housing) and crank-damper coupler. The gearbox life-time is 1000-2500 hours (depends on the engine power and the prop moment of inertia). Gears are EN39B case hardened to 60R, alloy case is CC601 heat treated to T6, output shaft is 4140.Bell housings available for Suzuki, Subaru, Webber 750 FOB China USD 980.00 (minimum order )

PSRU AeroFlight33 AeroFlight redrives are a self-contained, oil bath, helical cut gear to gear, prop speed reduction unit. 2.2, to 1 ratios and are Centaflex driven for harmonics. Rotation is counterclockwise and prop flanges come in 4", SAE 1 & 2 with drive lugs. This box are offered in 190hp versions for Subaru EJ 25 SOHC and DOHC. Gears are EN39B case hardened to 60R, alloy case is CC601 heat treated to T6, output shaft is 4140.Bell housings available for EJ series Subaru FOB China USD 1200.00 (minimum order )

All PSRU’s are entirely made by a German engineering company based in the Province of Shandon China ,specializing in the manufacturing of Aircraft components for the international market. All reduction boxes are fully Dyno tested with TUV and ISO certificates and made under the strict supervisions of German technicians and engineers. All PSRU are fully warranted for a period of 12 Months from the moment of operational installation.

For more information please don’t hesitate to ask any question, all questions and emails will be promptly answered ..

Respectfully
Albert Briceno
[email protected]

I suppose it was from the originals.
Albert

Reversed Engineered ..Fancy way to say cloned.. or copie of another manufacturers product .....

Reverse engineering is how all non OEM and PMA parts are made.
If done in a quality manor, should be no problem.

But just like Autozone all the aftermarket parts have various prices that can be dirrectly be related to quality.

I would be interested in seeing some pictures.

By the way Cessna is building in China, comes down to cost of labor, and yes if not
followed up quality can be an issue.

...By the way Cessna is building in China...

...but Cessna just announced another expansion of its plant in Chihuahua, Mexico, saying Chinese labor rates are now only 14% below China's, and when shipping is factored in, it's about a wash.

Given the issues which have held SkyCatcher deliveries to just 8 planes so far, could we see its production moved to Mexico? Hmmm...

They assembled Fords in Mexico for years.....that's all I am going to say....

I am posting these pictures of the PSRU for Albert.

Attachments

• Aero11 1.jpg
    Aero11 1.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Aero11 2.jpg
    Aero11 2.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Aero11 3.jpg
    Aero11 3.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Aero11 4.jpg
    Aero11 4.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Aero 22 1.jpg
    Aero 22 1.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Aero 22 2.jpg
    Aero 22 2.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Aero 22 3.jpg
    Aero 22 3.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 0
  • AeroFlight 4 .jpg
    AeroFlight 4 .jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 1
Three more.

Attachments

• AeroFlight 33 1.jpg
    AeroFlight 33 1.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 1
  • AeroFlight 33 2.jpg
    AeroFlight 33 2.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 1
  • AeroFlight 33 3.jpg
    AeroFlight 33 3.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 2
Could it be a poor copy of an Autoflight from New Zealand?

Please give us more info.

Please give us more info.

Hello Ernie,

I know you have extensive expierence with the Autoflight gear box. what about this one would make you say it is a POOR copy. Please let us know what you see that might help the rest of us out.

Jason

Could it be a poor copy of an Autoflight from New Zealand?

I find it very distasteful to basicly steal another mans design!
If you made your own design , then good for you, BUT to take it from AutoFlight ( which is a very small company) after they did ALL the R & D , is NOT a very honorable way to do business, but then I still believe in a hand shake deal!
At the very least you should give Neil a royalty for his effort in perfecting "your" product!
I hope all that read this are aware of the source of your "reverse" engineered product , and consider that, (if ) they think about buying any of your product!

I know this a bit harsh, but so is what you are doing to Neil!

Looks like the same coupler that Sub-4 uses. I would be interested if they offered a bellhousing to fit the GM Ecotec 4 banger... HINT-HINT:boink:

It can be done, but it only becomes commercially viable in quantities. Even in China making molds becomes very expensive, and let’s assume we have a working steel mold, to find now a foundry casting a few bell housings, they are not interested. The bell housing for the Aero 22 casted in quantities is valued for export only to USD 35.00.

Albert

Autoflight

Autoflight

After working on a subaru package with a brand new auto flight gear box on it last year. The prop shaft broke on the ground while the engine was running, with no real load on the prop. . If it had been in flight, the results could have been fatal. All the parts went back to NZ and never heard from Neil again.

Not sure if Neil is actually making gear boxes anymore since the customer last I had heard never got a replacement gearbox. If these pirates did in fact copy that design I hope they made improvements to keep the prop shafts from departing the box.......along with other numerous improvements......

For no sum of money will I fly an autofright gear box. And most certainly not one made in China. Then again maybe it was one made in China that would explain a lot......

Jonathan

I find it very distasteful to basicly steal another mans design!
If you made your own design , then good for you, BUT to take it from AutoFlight ( which is a very small company) after they did ALL the R & D , is NOT a very honorable way to do business, but then I still believe in a hand shake deal!
At the very least you should give Neil a royalty for his effort in perfecting "your" product!
I hope all that read this are aware of the source of your "reverse" engineered product , and consider that, (if ) they think about buying any of your product!

I know this a bit harsh, but so is what you are doing to Neil!

One could agree with you but, reverse engineering is nor stealing, reverse engineering has long been held a legitimate form of discovery in both legislation and court opinions.

Manufacturing by defining reverse engineering as "a fair and honest means of starting with the known product and working backwards to divine the process which aided in its development or manufacture. The US Supreme Court has confronted the issue of reverse engineering in mechanical technologies several times, upholding it under the principles that it is an important method of the dissemination of ideas and that it encourages innovation in the marketplace.

After the 2WW the Japanese were the biggest technological thieves, today if is not Japanese maybe we don’t want it . China will spend 40 Billion Dollars over a period of 5 years, and China encourages overseas capital to invest in general aviation companies, and support individuals to participate in purchase of private-use aircraft. China now has 88 general aviation enterprises, 70 airports, and 3,076 pilots, including 806 private-licensed pilots. The country's total general aircraft numbered 898, still at a low level in the world. The manufacturing company in Shandong China, making these boxes was not going to sit idle and loose the huge market for boxes staying overseas.

According to FlightGlobal; "Aviation Industry Corporation of China General
Aircraft plans to build a small business jet as well as small piston-engined aircraft. AVIC General Aircraft president Tan Weidong says manufacture of the four- to six-seat piston aircraft could start as early as 2010." The Diamond Aircrafts AD-40 is already in production in the province of Shandong.

I believe the NZ manufacturer would be welcomed on board, money to be made on equal terms, there is room for more innovation thus given the experimental guys a better and way cheaper product. In globalization, some will get hurt. Please consider all this….

Albert