Problems with "new posts"

ckurz7000

Aircraft
ArrowCopter
When I hit the "posts since last visit" button I get conflicting information. The line near the top says, e.g., 8 posts found. But there are only two threads listed. And looking inside those threads was a total of 3 posts.

Also, usually I got 20-30 posts new to me when I check once a day. Now there are far fewer.

The new interface takes some getting used to, I guess.

-- Chris.

Hi, Chris. Seems to me that traffic to the forum is WAY down. Either that or I don/t know what I am doing with the new interface. I tried to customize things like text color and size. Text is really small for my oldish eyes. But, the changes don't seem to take. Anyone else having the same types of problems?

Dave

Yeah, this new format is just not working, Todd. Could be the death of the forum...
Brian

I rely heavily on the "new posts" function, and didn't see it the first couple days the new version was up. If others use it like I do, perhaps that suppressed traffic for a few days.

It seems odd that the font is so small, but yet the oversized user info block on the left leaves so much white space on the right that I get to see only three posts at a time without scrolling.

No Title

Maybe this section will help

Attachments

• photo127109.png
    photo127109.png
    31.9 KB · Views: 0
You can check your favourite sections of the forum manually, but currently there seems to be no way to retrieve old threads from the archive, as described below:

To me this seems to be a much more serious problem. If the archive is lost for good one of the biggest resources of contemporary autogyro know how would be gone.

Looking forward to the comments from the admins, and yes I am a bit surprised that there has been no answer to my post so far.

Seems like new posts in the Events forum never shows up in the Latest Activity tool bar.

kolibri282 is pointing at a major problem when he writes: If the archive is lost for good one of the biggest resources of contemporary autogyro know how would be gone...

That's indeed a very serious issue...

I like the new format....Thanks Todd !

I find myself visiting much less often due to the new format. Retrieving new posts since my last visit gives me conflicting results. In the old format I saw 25 new posts listed as their titles per page. Here I get about 4 on a page. I tried hard to like it but At the moment I can't do what I used to be able to do jn the old format.

ckurz7000;n1119427 said:
I find myself visiting much less often due to the new format. Retrieving new posts since my last visit gives me conflicting results. In the old format I saw 25 new posts listed as their titles per page. Here I get about 4 on a page. I tried hard to like it but At the moment I can't do what I used to be able to do jn the old format.

I noticed the same things. If I click post since last visit I miss posts!!! And none of my responses to post show up at all.

So my work-around is to click the 'Search' button at the right top of the screen.
A drop-down menu will display and click 'Advanced'
Then I click beg date and only select today's or yesterdays date, if first thing in the morning.

This will display everything posted on that day.

Sometimes it's two or three pages of posts.

I noticed on my Notifications page that clicking on a thread brings up a message saying Sorry, you don't have permission to view..." or something similar. Yet I can go to the thread from the main page.

The problem because of which I started this thread is still with us. Here is an example:

I clicked on "Posts Since Last Visit" and got notified that there were 4 new posts. However, the list shows only one new thread with a single new post. To prove my point I attached a screenshot (see below).

What's the solution? -- Chris.

Unbenannt.PNG

After you login go to the search bar in the upper right hand corner and click advanced search. In the advanced search window the only thing you have to do is check the "since last visit" box and hit search. It will return the proper results.

Don't know if it's been commented on already, but I miss the listing of poster's location that the old software provided.

Ok, that works as advertised if you have the "Topics" selected as preferred way to list the search results. Cool, updated my bookmark and I'm good to go!

Thanks, -- Chris.

Last edited: