You are correct again, my friend! Below is what I know and how I calculate the probability of a landslide election this year.The mistake we often make is thinking Conservatives nearly always vote Republican
The mistake we often make is thinking Liberals nearly always vote Democrat
And we mistakenly think only centrists , independents , and undecided swing either way.
Wrong .... as history has shown by huge landslide victories by either party at different times.
Which means there are a lot of sleeper democrats who sometimes vote republican and lots of sleeper republicans who sometimes vote democrat .... And rarely admit it before an election or after an election.
Talk about a volatile wildcard .... my bet is a lot of selfish voters will swing to Trump for the simple selfish reason he could likely get the country back on track better than Biden
Human nature is selfish and we do what benefits us personally ... even in the voting booth.
Another brillant observation, my friend!Unfortunately your postulation above is lop sided.
Or to put it another way, has given some reasons, but has ignored a host of other factors, where it could be the opinion of others, that Trump/his administration, have done things in a way that has achieved a better effect for the US, and even globally, than would have been the case under either Clinton/administration, or in the future under Biden/administration.
I include the administration in each case, because it is not always just the single person/President, but also those who they have chosen to head the collective effort to produces the results that steers the country through events.
I personally feel that Clinton/Trump/Biden are not ideal Presidential material, but it is ideals of the Parties they head that I tend to feel important.
But then that is simply my opinion, and that is immaterial.
Holy shit Lotion, same bull shit different day, where's your answer to 17,000 extra people in the USA this year? Ziclon B?After the "Scientific American" and the "New England Journal of Medicine" yet another high profile scientific magazine "Nature" endorses Joe Biden:
Why Nature supports Joe Biden for US president
We cannot stand by and let science be undermined. Joe Biden’s trust in truth, evidence, science and democracy make him the only choice in the US election.
...Nature observed, US democracy was designed with safeguards intended to protect against excesses. It is founded on a system of checks and balances that makes it difficult for a president to exercise absolute power. We were hopeful that this would help to curb the damage that might result from Trump’s disregard for evidence and the truth, disrespect for those he disagrees with and toxic attitude towards women.
How wrong we turned out to be.
No US president in recent history has so relentlessly attacked and undermined so many valuable institutions, from science agencies to the media, the courts, the Department of Justice — and even the electoral system. Trump claims to put ‘America First’. But in his response to the pandemic, Trump has put himself first, not America.
The Donald not even now encourages people to wear masks to protect their fellow citizens.
View attachment 1148651
Normally winning by one vote is enough, but unless it's a ridiculously huge margin it doesn't matter which one wins, it is going to be contested. Then it will go to the courts , then to Supreme Court and still no one's going to accept it .You are correct again, my friend! Below is what I know and how I calculate the probability of a landslide election this year.
The past administrations in our modern times who won landslide elections. = at least since I've been keeping notes on all administrations, and do not have to do any further research to learn why the others won landsides victories.
- 1964 – Lyndon B. Johnson (D) received 486 (90.3%) of the electoral votes while Barry Goldwater (R) received only 52 (9.7%). Additionally, Johnson received 61.1% of the popular vote, which still stands as the largest share since the national popular vote was first recorded in 1824.
- 1972 – Richard Nixon (R) received 520 (96.7%) of the electoral votes while George McGovern (D) received only 17 (3.2%). One Republican elector voted for John Hospers of the Libertarian Party. Additionally, Nixon received 60.7% of the popular vote.
- 1980 – Ronald Reagan (R) received 489 (90.9%) of the electoral votes while Jimmy Carter (D) received only 49 (9.1%).
- 1984 – Ronald Reagan (R) received 525 (97.6%) of the electoral votes while Walter Mondale (D) received only 13 (2.4%).
- 1988 – George H. W. Bush (R) received 426 (79.2%) of the electoral votes while Michael Dukakis (D) received only 111 (20.8%).
- LBJ won because JFK had cut taxes the same as Trump today therefor LBJ inherited a booming economy with the same type of full-time job growth and he created/offered WELFARE which got most all of of the African American vote for Dem's for the 1st time. And as KBJ predicted from now on we will have these "Nigers" voting for the Dem's for the next 100 years. That is his exact word used and his quote, not my word!!
- Richard Nixon had the same dynamics as a booming economy and job growth
- Reagan the master of communication offered to reduce taxes and explained on live TV (tax bracket creep, where if you got a raise the government actually made more and the employee made less take-home pay. He explained it exactly the same way I do with real simple math and all of the Dem's even understood how they were being ripped off.
- Regan won the 2nd time even though he raised taxes and ROBBED our social security saving account to pay for STAR WARS. We all voted for him because at the time we were still training our children to pull the curtains and hide under their desks at school and we really never knew if the Russians would nuke us at any time back then.
- GHW offered to reduce taxes but he PROMISED by saying "read his lips" he would not raise taxes, He was pandering to all of us as he did raise taxes and was the president responsible for starting taxing manufactures offshore. No party or other president since GHW on both sides offered to reduce taxes enabling the USA to compete with China until Trump solutions of tax cuts. Which did get manufacturing to start returning from China.
Trump would normally be a landslide because of the economy. As President Clinton coin the phrase "It's the economy STUPID" tells the reality of all past landslide victories in modern times.
But if you aks even the brightest scientific-minded liberal on this forum they do not know the truth and actually think and share, the liberal media lies, that manufactures coming back is just a coincidence and all the full-time job creation is just an extension of the Obama administration high tax rate and would have happened even if Trump did not lower taxes to compete with China tax rates.
They believe the liberal media. They do no research, themselves, I suspect because even the smartest liberal must not want to know the truth.
When you aks all Dem's what is the best solution Biden has that we should all vote for. None of them have an answer except to get Trump out of office they actually believe he could do a better job by raising taxes and no other solutions anyone can name at all.
So Biden will not have a landslide victory!!! He's has nothing to offer the other side.
Trump could base on the economy if they had not shut it down that may have helped. But the liberal media at this time in history will not share any good news about the economy. They just do NOT report any of it and back to demonizing Trump.
So unless they all started watching FOX NEWS there will not be a landslide for Trump as over 1/2 of the public believes fake news meant to elect their party not share reality with anyone.
Quote: have done things in a way that has achieved a better effect for the US, and even globally /Quote
Better effect? The country that counts 219.950 deaths, more than any other country in the world! Are you serious? The Donald calls COVID a blessing while a front line nurse tells him how she saw hundreds of Americans suffocate to their deaths?