Presenter needed for PRA's Fly-in convention July 19-23 2016

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Airgyro AG915 Centurian, Aviomania G1sb
Total Flight Time
Gyroplane 70Hrs, not sure over 10,000+ logged FW, 260+ ultralights, sailplane, hang-gliders
Here is your chance to help our sport by presenting, teaching, or just a show and tell your new products to the public in our air conditioned classroom.

You may schedule your presentation any day from July 19-23 2016 of the convention but Thursday - Saturday are the most heavily attended.

Just post here, or PRA's forum, or RWF and you will be scheduled on the day and time.

Please post here the following.

Title of presentation
Your correct name you wish listed in the program
The Date(s) and Time(s) you wish to present

**All forums/seminars are in east end of hangar**
Current Seminar Forum Schedule:
----
Tuesday July 19

8:00 AM Pilot's Briefing

12:00 PM Pilot's Briefing

----
Wednesday July 20

----
Thursday, July 21

10:00 AM MGL & Glass Cockpits: John Rountree

11:00 AM Chapter & Personal Co-ownership Aircraft & How to Reduce Cost while Limiting Liability: John Rountree

----
Friday, July 22

10:00 AM Bruce Charnov PRA Historian will present one of his many presentations selected by the audience at the time.

11:00 AM AR1 development and its differences from other similar looking gyroplanes: Abid & Greg Silverlight Aviation

1:00 PM It will be a celebration of Jim's Toves Life instead of the TAG presentation in conference room.
1:00 PM And at the same time at the Museum Bruce Charnov & Glenn Bundy will anwser questions with a tour of the Museum.

2:00 PM Introduction to radio work and flying the pattern for light rotorcraft; with Wings Credit: Tim O'Connor

3:00 PM Registering & certifying your aircraft: Tom Milton FAA DAR

4:00 PM Board of Director's Meeting

6:00 PM Banquet Dinner

9:00 or 9:30 PM Fireworks: after we return from banquet dinner

----
Saturday, July 23

10:00 AM Let's Talk Gyroplanes, Specifically Building, Training, Licensing & Regulations: Ron Menzie

1:00 PM How to Select the Correct Rotorcraft for how and where you fly: John Rountree

3:00 PM CFI meeting

4:00 PM General Member's Meeting

5:00 PM PAC Meeting

Last edited:
???? Banquet

???? Banquet

I think you mean for the dinner to be on Saturday eve - not Friday!! (Fireworks night)

Titanium AutoGyro North America will do a short presentation / Q & A after the noon pilots briefing on Friday !

Saturday ... is just too busy! We'll have plenty of info & material @ the TAGNA vendors booth on the flightline! ... the rest of the time!

Thank you Chris

The BOD has moved the Dinner to Friday night as many people leave on Saturday night. We hope more friends will be able to attend Friday. I'm checking on the time for the dinner and the night for the Fireworks now with an email.

It's an experiment but we will see what happens.

Presentation

Presentation

Registering & certifying your aircraft

Tom Milton, FAA DAR

Friday @ 3 PM, 1 hr, "OK" ?

Last edited:
Great Tommy you got it Friday 3PM.
Thank you

Flexible shaft prerotators. Calumetair (Wunderlich)

Tom Milton, owner
Calumetair Inc.

Thurs 1PM, 1 hr, "OK" ?

Flexible shaft prerotators. Calumetair (Wunderlich)

Tom Milton, owner
Calumetair Inc.

Thurs 1PM, 1 hr, "OK" ?
Good one you got it!

Awards???

Awards???

Going to be hard to do Awards @ the Banquet! ( unless the flight comps & gyro judging are all done on Friday!!!)

Going to be a crowded night .... Dinner + fireworks!!

Dinner - on site ... or in town??

Good & bad ..... we can but try it out & decide what works best! :eek:hwell:

Going to be hard to do Awards @ the Banquet! ( unless the flight comps & gyro judging are all done on Friday!!!)

Going to be a crowded night .... Dinner + fireworks!!

Dinner - on site ... or in town??

Good & bad ..... we can but try it out & decide what works best! :eek:hwell:
It is going to be a busy Friday!!!!!

The dinner is at the church in town and we are to call the firework folks after the dinner.
We are going to need a lot of volunteers to make this all happen.

Chris, it's typically not dark enough for fireworks in Mentone in July till 9:45 or 10pm. If the speeches at the banquet are still going at 9:30, think of the fireworks as your opportunity to excuse yourself!

It looks like Friday

It looks like Friday

..will be THE MAIN DAY - for everything ... Saturday - I hope doesn't become a gyro ghost-town of a few die-hards remaining ... the day when the public have time to swing by to see the "activity"! :noidea: ( but then Saturdays have seemed sparse the last couple of years anyway! - the event felt like it peaked on Friday!)
:eek:hwell: ... we'll see how it goes!!

Friday July 22nd - 11 am
AR1 Gyroplane: Abid & Greg (SilverLight Aviation)
1 hour

Hi Abid
I like the title you sent me in the PM better. So with your permission I'll use it unless you wish me to change it to above.

WOW what a fantastic group of topics. I think that I will have to stay for the
whole week this year.
Marc

WOW what a fantastic group of topics. I think that I will have to stay for the
whole week this year.
Marc
Great plan Marc that means we can hang out and get in trouble together!!!

Also warning I put all my friends to work helping judge the contests so you are at least warned? But we do get to steal the golf cart so there are a few perks.

There are still opening in the schedule.

Just another reminder that there is time and space available to help share your product, passion and knowledge with out community.

Also note now that we are a 501 (C) 3 tax deductible charity when you volunteer to help in this way or any other project you may deduct .14 cents a mile from your home to the fly-in whether you drive or fly.

Here is the newest presentation schedule:
Here is your chance to help our sport by presenting, teaching, or just a show and tell your new products to the public in our air conditioned classroom.

You may schedule your presentation any day from July 19-23 2016 of the convention but Thursday - Saturday are the most heavily attended.

Just post here, or PRA's forum, or RWF and you will be scheduled on the day and time.

Please post here the following.

Title of presentation
Your correct name you wish listed in the program
The Date(s) and Time(s) you wish to present

**All forums/seminars are in east end of hangar**
Current Seminar Forum Schedule:
----
Tuesday July 19

----
Wednesday July 20

----
Thursday, July 21

10:00 AM MGL & Glass Cockpits: John Rountree

11:00 AM Chapter & Personal Co-ownership Aircraft & How to Reduce Cost while Limiting Liability: John Rountree

----
Friday, July 22

10:00 AM Bruce Charnov PRA Historian will present one of his many presentations selected by the audience at the time.

11:00 AM AR1 development and its differences from other similar looking gyroplanes: Abid & Greg Silverlight Aviation

1:00 PM It will be a celebration of Jim's Toves Life instead of the TAG presentation in conference room.
1:00 PM And at the same time at the Museum Bruce Charnov & Glenn Bundy will anwser questions with a tour of the Museum.

2:00 PM Introduction to radio work and flying the pattern for light rotorcraft; with Wings Credit: Tim O'Connor

3:00 PM Registering & certifying your aircraft: Tom Milton FAA DAR

4:00 PM Board of Director's Meeting

6:00 PM Banquet Dinner

9:00 or 9:30 PM Fireworks: after we return from banquet dinner

----
Saturday, July 23

10:00 AM Let's Talk Gyroplanes, Specifically Building, Training, Licensing & Regulations: Ron Menzie

1:00 PM How to Select the Correct Rotorcraft for how and where you fly: John Rountree

3:00 PM CFI meeting

4:00 PM General Member's Meeting

5:00 PM PAC Meeting

Last edited:
Thursday seminar cancellation

Thursday seminar cancellation

John,
I , reluctantly, will have to cancel my Thursday talk as I can not be at Mentone on Thursday. I do apologize. I am still on for Friday.

Jim & Chris's scheduled presentation 1:00 PM Titanium AutoGyro North America will do a short presentation / Q & A: Jim & Chris Toves in conference room.

It will be a celebration of Jim's Life instead of the TAG presentation.

And...

Instead of PRA asking for a flower donation that is only temporary we ask you to help PRA make a permanent memorial in the form of a flat headstone that would be placed permanently on Jim & Chris's campsite at the PRA airport. They have this campsite every year since we have known them.

Please help us remember Jim permanently in this way. Even a small donation will help and your name will be permanently displayed on the Jim Toves memorial web-page.

Flowers will be placed on their campsite this year instead of the headstone.

You can make a donation here: http://www.pra.org/donation.aspx?i=48 Just click other for the type of donation and write in JIM