Prerotator for an E box needed

dabkb2

Dave Bacon
Aircraft
Sport Copter Vortex 582, 2 KB2 90Mac KB3 582
Total Flight Time
529 hours
I am changing motors on my KB3. Going from a grey head with a B box to a blue head with a E box. The KB3 prerotator will not work with the E box. I need the drive unit, drum and the flexshaft. Anyone have one laying around collecting dust?

See Denis at Gyro Technic, more excitement to come on replacing the Dominator hydraulic prerotator with the Gyro Technic setup, pictures and test results maybe next weekend.

Here are a couple of pictures of the Gyro Technic Prerotator with a hydraulic pump that comes standard on the Dominator, Denis does really nice work. I will be connecting the actuator cable to a new dual throttle quadrant from Baxter quadrants which is expected to deliver today. Hopefully finish with all installation and testing this weekend. Brand new Rotax 582 bluehead, Rotax E gearbox, Earth X Lithium battery (3.4 lbs.) and Gyro Technics Prerotator. We will video tape the fun.

Attachments

• attachments (1).zip
    535.7 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Calumet Manufacturing should have the components, you require, in stock.

Adam or Nick 708-719-4171

Here are some pictures that Gator mentioned.

We had been getting much interest in the PR drive units on our VX1 units.
These will be available in the very near future.

*Adaptors are available for B,C and E gearboxes.
* Very efficient torque transfer due to tension system.
* Tension system pulls belt outwards against retainer cage, so there is NO contact of belt to drum when not in use.
* Final gear cluster ratio for desired output RPM
* Available for Hydraulic and Flex Shaft outputs.

More info to come!

Denis

Hyd ISO.jpgHyd Config.jpgFlex Config.jpgFlex or Hyd.jpg

Here are some pictures that Gator mentioned.

We had been getting much interest in the PR drive units on our VX1 units.
These will be available in the very near future.

*Adaptors are available for B,C and E gearboxes.
* Very efficient torque transfer due to tension system.
* Tension system pulls belt outwards against retainer cage, so there is NO contact of belt to drum when not in use.
* Final gear cluster ratio for desired output RPM
* Available for Hydraulic and Flex Shaft outputs.

More info to come!

Denis

View attachment 1153161View attachment 1153162View attachment 1153163View attachment 1153164
Very well done, I like them

You create works of art at the same time.
May I ask how much?

John,
The PR drives will be in the $1k range.
Hopefully I have the full family priced and available on my website within a month or so.
(Working on the mounts for inverted gearboxes now)

Welder,
Yes, our line of flex shafts will be available this fall. (No firm date yet)

Denis

John,
The PR drives will be in the $1k range.
Hopefully I have the full family priced and available on my website within a month or so.
(Working on the mounts for inverted gearboxes now)

Welder,
Yes, our line of flex shafts will be available this fall. (No firm date yet)

Denis
Thank you, my friend, for all you do for our community!! And for the works of art.
I'll send out a press release once you are ready.

UpDate unless someone has one to sell that will bolt-on.
Dave is in such a hurry to make El Mirage.

That he's going to use an electric prerotator stealing it from another ride he owns.

That looks impressive and I'm sure it would work great, but I have a starter motor prerotator that should work. Thanks for the input

The blue head has not running good so we took it apart and found the gears in the E box nicely caramelized and mostly trashed, the rear main seal destroyed. Haven't gotten to the crank yet but who knows.

Attachments

• 4611.jpeg
    4611.jpeg
    140.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 4607.jpeg
    4607.jpeg
    137.2 KB · Views: 20
looks like it needs a new crank. At this point I am going to buy a new blue head while they are still available .

I installed an electric prerotator, I am working on a soft start. should work ok.