Pre-Registraton & Parkingchart / Bensen Days 2008

Exterminator

Scott Lewis
Aircraft
Gyro, Beech Searey
Total Flight Time
4000+
Come celebrate our 35th Bensen Days . Time is getting near, Please Download the Pre-Registration form and mail it in for the best Bensen Days ever. Also, you can download the Parking Chart and request your spot. We will do everything possible accommodate you..
Hope to see you there.

Scott Lewis

Hurry, we did have a cancellation due to Illness ,we have only one spot with 30Amp. service & Water Hurry ...

Attachments

• Pre-registration08.pdf
    17.6 KB · Views: 1
  • logo11.jpg
    logo11.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 1
  • parkingchart1.pdf
    18.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
so i here your going to do spot landings... i would hope you would have learn yor lesson last year,,,dah..i think im going to stay at my airport where its safe and doesnt cost me 30.00 to get in...if i do go i will pay my 5.00 to vote for my sisters son whos 8 years old for PRES!!!!!!! way to go sunstate:}

Mike, are you posting this from you or someone else, if you dont want to be a part of this club, and I know you dont than why bash us all. After talking to you the other day with what you were TOLD to be the TRUTH I understand why you are pissed, I would have been too but the truth be told will not change the way others think or feel about the past events let it go.

hi jr,
not bashing you just talking reality, if it sounds like that than you need to regroup and come up with a better plan! i would like to see all lightsport events and clubs do great i just hope you do to.......:eek:

so i here your going to do spot landings... i would hope you would have learn yor lesson last year,,,dah..i think im going to stay at my airport where its safe and doesnt cost me 30.00 to get in...if i do go i will pay my 5.00 to vote for my sisters son whos 8 years old for PRES!!!!!!! way to go sunstate:}

Dude, are you for real? Your Catfish's buddy right? You do understand that the reason the registration fee is 30$ is to cover the cost of the much higher cost of the insurance. We had to do this because after the blow up last year when elections were held and a new board was elected, your friends called the EAA and got our insurance cancelled. So don't bitch about the registration fee to Sunstate, bitch about it to the person or persons responsible for causing the trouble with the old insurance provider.

So like JR said, if you are bitter with how Sunstate is run feel free to stay at your airport.

And 5$ spectator fee does not give you voting rights. Sorry to burst your bubble.

This whole thing between Sunstate and the Oxnams, and how it is still coming up as a issue is out of this world unbelievable. Richard and MJ were not outed from the club, they were not dicked over, they were not shunned, no, none of the above or the sort....

They had told countless members over the years how they would Love to have someone else take over the positions they held. They did not show up when the elections / annual club business meeting was to be held. A meeting was held, others stepped up to take the officer positions, and everyone should have been happy.

I can't believe that, if things went down differently and had Richard and MJ showed up at that meeting.... and Scott and Ernie had put their hands up to run for office, that either of the Oxnams would have objected.

But somewhere between the meeting and them hearing about it, I think you or someone else twisted the facts and made them believe they were fired from their positions or some other rude and disrespectful way of being dumped. I was there, I can say that they certainly weren't dumped or fired from their posts.

I believe that if they truely wanted to stay on as officers, they would have been at that meeting. It is THE one day out of 365 days that the officers should do whatever they have to do to be there.

Ever since this meeting there has been Physical threats... calls to the FAA.... calls to get our insurance cancelled.... Talk amongst the members to try to split up the club.... and just a generally immature reaction to what should have been a relief to the Oxnams and a happy time for the Sunstate club.

A nice plaque was made and presented at Bensen Days 2007 to honor all the hard work the Oxnams had done over the years. I can't believe the club would have done that if they were such the lowlifes they were being accused of being after that meeting.

It is time to get over it and get on with life. As far as I know the club harbors no hard feelings and welcomes all back to the club and the clubs fly-ins. I would say it is time to be grown ups and just either forget about Sunstate rotorclub and get on with whatever you guys do ( fly parachutes or trikes or whatever you guys are flying nowadays ) or get rid of the chip off the shoulder and realize that there was really nothing to get pissy about in the first place and come back to the club and become a positive and active part of it.

hi ron,
yes i am a good friend of catfish as i thought you guys were to??but because you brought it up i was also there at river ranch and i also know what happen so if you really want to go there i will!!!!!!!getting back to the topic at hand JR said that scott said there was 9000.00 in the acount so why would you need the 30.00 fee for ins. not to mention is that a donation or a fee?? and you mean to tell me that youe saying for 5.00 you can be a member but not be a part of the club?? yes i will fly at my airport and any other airport that i want for free...i understand making money for the club but lets be real about it,i fly for the fun of it not all the bull**** if you feel good about your logic then thats fine and yours not mine.
i dont understand why i cant have an opinion im not bashing just concern about your event if you have one more miss hap you mite not have an event next year im told hey if you want to risk it go right ahead i just hope you are all safe in doing so!!!and yes we do fly trikes and ppc are you telling me that there not welcom?? you guys are real defencive for what its worth. i never thought twice about the past i moved on to bigger and better things long ago and as far as being a positive member i put in alot of time for the club and "never ask" for any thing but for all to be "safe and happy".. and untill now there was little to no one that would help, so like i said before,its not about me or catfish & MJ or you for that matter right?
i was the promotions director for clearchannel for five years and have put together events that make bensondays look like kids play it could be so much more but you have rookies at best putting the event together i will say now like i did then any and all lightsport should feel safe and welcom, do you?
be safe and fly high...
may the force be with you and all you fly with...

hi ron,
JR said that scott said there was 9000.00 in the acount so why would you need the 30.00 fee for ins. not to mention is that a donation or a fee?? and you mean to tell me that youe saying for 5.00 you can be a member but not
i dont understand why i cant have an opinion im not bashing just concern ...
You know there are some post that just don’t deserve a response and this is obviously one of them.. However, due to the fact that a statement saying that I told Jr we had $9000 is sadly mistaken.. At our last meeting in December there was accounting of the moneys and JR was there . The last I check he did not have a problem reading and $9000 was nowhere in those figures..

Now if you want too know what we need a $30.00 entry fee for Join the club and I will be happy to tell you… As of matter of fact, if you can due such a great Job & help the club pay your dues Come Bensen days and run for Pres… You can have it, along with it’s salary . Until than do us all a favor and show your concerns elsewhere.

Until Than;

My name is Scott Lewis I am President of PRA 26 and I approve this message

Last edited:
If you want to " go there " with the 2007 elections and what went down at that meeting go for it. It would be nice to hear your slant on it, as who ever talked to Richard and MJ about it really must have given them a negative slant on it, causing their anger and all the hassles that followed.

The club doesn't have 9000$ in the bank, and the club has to pay out tremendous fees in prep for Bensen Days.... The purpose of the club is not to use up all it's money to put on one last fly-in and then be broke afterwards. And lastly, the issue of how much to charge wasn't just set by Scott or the other Sunstate officers. It was discussed at a open meeting at the new years fly-in, debated, and voted on, before becoming a set fee. If you object to the fee, volunteer and save yourself 10$, or be at the next member meeting and make a motion to vote for lower fees next time. All it takes is a majority vote!

As for flying there without paying fees, that will be up to you and airport management. I suppose that if you wanted to prove some kind of point by "sticking it to the man" you could fly there without paying a registration fee, but you would almost certainly be asked to operate out of the fly-in area, which would be the ramp and camping areas. Chances are though that the management would just ask you to leave and fly elsewhere that week.

And let's also be real. You aren't interested in gyroplanes. Why would you want to be there in the first place? You are welcome to be there, but face the facts, you came in the past to spend time with Richard, not the rest of us guys.

Just to be clear, as far as I know all types of flying machines ARE welcome at the fly-in...

As for having a opinion, you are totally free to have a opinion, just as everyone else has one too. The problem is with your posts above, especially the first one, you were being a smartass with how you were communicating your opinion.

Well now that you guy's got that off your BREAST lets all go to B-days and have some fun. I and JUNK-N-STUFF will be present to have a blast. I think I'll bring some BOXING gloves but that would be a waste of time. Whats done is over and whats over is done so move on to better things LIFE IS TO SHORT FOR BULL CRAP. I enjoy the company of all you guys so I'm on no ones side. We have a good club SO lets keep it like that. I think Mike, Cat fish and M.J. should come, I always have fun around you all. If ya can't afford it I'ts on me!! REALLY---No Ron not you, but you can fly my chopper again.

Well now that you guy's got that off your BREAST lets all go to B-days and have some fun. I and JUNK-N-STUFF will be present to have a blast. I think I'll bring some BOXING gloves but that would be a waste of time. Whats done is over and whats over is done so move on to better things LIFE IS TO SHORT FOR BULL CRAP. I enjoy the company of all you guys so I'm on no ones side. We have a good club SO lets keep it like that. I think Mike, Cat fish and M.J. should come, I always have fun around you all. If ya can't afford it I'ts on me!! REALLY---No Ron not you, but you can fly my chopper again.

Jake, your da man!

Attachments

• IMG_0789.JPG
    IMG_0789.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 1
hey jake what up!

hi to others,
you guys kill me...lol,lol,lol,scott u going to be press this year or have you had to much fun yet ....everyone thinks its easy dont they? u had bad things to say about the event when you were just a member what makes you think that your a better press? it has to be the salaly.it sucks when your the man in charge and not everyone is happy..and you only been there for one year

and to ron,
lets FACE IT i started with this club because i wanted to have fun and get to know other pilots,yes im friends with richard SO WHAT your not? i could hang with him any day of the week i want i didnt have to get in the club,i found that most of the members that i got along with were true pilots and like me no matter what i flew and last i checked most of them were at most all the monthly fly ins and were members and our still my friends..i dont remember you being at member or seeing you at the fly ins other than new years and bensondays..so in one year you have alot to say for being such a great member!!
look you can say or spin this any way you want to i really dont care but if you think spot landings,ect. are a great thing to do then go right ahead,,and if you could read i said i thought that the club should make money so it can grow, but up untill now every one bitch about it. and i think it has to be a donation not a fee that is a fed. airport so be carefull what you say! and no if i were to go i would gladly pay to help the club but if i didnt i would like for someone to tell me i cant use the airport any where that my plane can taxi, like i said rookies!!!!
i realy just hope all ends well!!!!!!!!!!!!
for all that know me, know that i love to fly and just because its not a gyro it shouldnt mean anything, and they are true pilots and friends!!!!

fly safe....signing off the SMARTASS

Aw, Mike*************

Aw, Mike*************

I have to say...........
Three guys post upbeat, helpful posts about BDs. Then one comes along and just changes the entire tone/tenor of the subject with juvenile rantings and pronouncements.
Mike, why don't you just 'birds of a feather' and let us enjoy the company of those we know to be a great group? Better yet, drop the 'attitude' and join us.
I can't remember anyone in aviation that I can't learn to like!
Go BDs!
Trez

hey jake what up!

hi to others,
you guys kill me...lol,lol,lol,scott u going to be press this year or have you had to much fun yet ....everyone thinks its easy dont they? u had bad things to say about the event when you were just a member what makes you think that your a better press? it has to be the salaly.it sucks when your the man in charge and not everyone is happy..and you only been there for one year

and to ron,
lets FACE IT i started with this club because i wanted to have fun and get to know other pilots,yes im friends with richard SO WHAT your not? i could hang with him any day of the week i want i didnt have to get in the club,i found that most of the members that i got along with were true pilots and like me no matter what i flew and last i checked most of them were at most all the monthly fly ins and were members and our still my friends..i dont remember you being at member or seeing you at the fly ins other than new years and bensondays..so in one year you have alot to say for being such a great member!!
look you can say or spin this any way you want to i really dont care but if you think spot landings,ect. are a great thing to do then go right ahead,,and if you could read i said i thought that the club should make money so it can grow, but up untill now every one bitch about it. and i think it has to be a donation not a fee that is a fed. airport so be carefull what you say! and no if i were to go i would gladly pay to help the club but if i didnt i would like for someone to tell me i cant use the airport any where that my plane can taxi, like i said rookies!!!!
i realy just hope all ends well!!!!!!!!!!!!
for all that know me, know that i love to fly and just because its not a gyro it shouldnt mean anything, and they are true pilots and friends!!!!

fly safe....signing off the SMARTASS

Mike, first off, Richard was my friend. I would still consider him a friend, but I haven't seen or spoke to him in years, so I don't know that our friendship is very tight anymore.

You did look at my profile and see that I live about a mile south of Charlotte North Carolina right? That alone makes it kinda hard to show up in Alva and hang out with catfish and MJ, or show up at every club fly-in. I DO however show up - at a pretty great expense time and money wise - each year for Bensen Days and New years..... And from what I can tell, showing up for two events a year is more than many other Sunstate members manage to do.

Also why would you fault me for trying to be proactive and to be a member willing to be a positive asset for the chapter? Cause I live so far away and only make it to Florida twice a year I should shut the hell up and just pay dues and not have a opinion or try to be a help to the chapter?

As for spot landings, last year was the first year it was being handled and it was not handled well. We learned from our mistakes. I am in charge of it this year and it is no longer going to be open to any pilot that wants to enter, and it will not have very complicated rules like it did last year with 180 degree turns at idle power from various altitudes.

And one more time Mike... all aircraft types are welcome at Bensen Days and in the Sunstate WING and rotor club. Do not twist my comments to say otherwise.

:focus: We still need more volunteers so if you are interested (save $10 )note it
on your registration form or send me an email [email protected]
All Aircraft are welcome at Bensen Days
Greg

30 dollar to get in,, To be ABUSED, To be taken advantage of..

To have to put up with the aggravation of yall children MOANING and

GROANING at Each OTHER...

Da Wad Man out flying me..

And THEN......Not having a REAl TREE To PEE ON

HUH !!!! 30 Dollar.............CHEAP--- CHEAP Price fo me....

this damned 1/4 mil RV is realll thursty,, and da Black ant much better

ps... J R can I borry 5 Dollar till Tuesday.. I only gots 25 savd up

:drama: PWEEZE :twitch:

Steve,
Just for you (and anyone else) with a valid PRA membership you get
a $5 discount so don't forget you PRA Membership Card.
So heres the skinny Volunteer 4 hours and bring your PRA card and get 50%
OFF!:peace:

Greg