PRA's gyroplane specific ground School is available online on your schedule.

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Airgyro AG915 Centurian, Aviomania G1sb
Total Flight Time
Gyroplane 70Hrs, not sure over 10,000+ logged FW, 260+ ultralights, sailplane, hang-gliders
Most have passed the test with a 97% and I highly recommend it.
PRA is here for you, reach out to us if we can assist you in any way.​
PRA is offering Tim O'Connor online Ground school!!​
S.gif
11b7835c-91be-49f4-ac65-224246b0fd49.jpg
S.gif
S.gif
Special Offer – Stay at home Ground School for Gyroplanes
Normally our On-Line Ground School is conducted LIVE online ONLY.
However, to help pilots stuck at home unable to train with CFIs we are giving access to all of the recordings and digital materials of the Spring 2020 Gyroplane Ground School sessions!
What you get:
33 hours of recorded training sessions that go BEYOND “the book” and prepare you for not only passing the FAA Gyroplane Knowledge Exams but also real-life gyroplane
flight planning and safety. Access is available for 30 days.
Digital copies of the student kit including FAA documents, videos, and the class course-ware.
How to sign up:
Send an email to
[email protected]for instructions. PayPal is the preferred method of payment and the price is $200​

Just a question - the offer is only available for 30 days, or for $200 you only get access for 30 days?

Just a question - the offer is only available for 30 days, or for $200 you only get access for 30 days?
Thank you for clarifying that for us.

What's the answer? Sorry about that - I typed fast and didn't phrase my question properly... Is access only available for 30 days for $200? Or is the offer only availble for 30 days?

I am shooting for my PPL - RTC, but my bride is going for her Sport Pilot Gyro, and this may be a good thing for her to study up on vs Kings or something else.

The recorded webinars are available for 30 days or more. Good source for gyro related info but not a big plus for the basic airman's test. I over prepared for the test and used Gleim, others and Tim's class. My opinion, do Tim's class as you go for the final CFE cert. FAA TEST is way below this class but great gyro info!

What's the answer? Sorry about that - I typed fast and didn't phrase my question properly... Is access only available for 30 days for $200? Or is the offer only availble for 30 days?

I am shooting for my PPL - RTC, but my bride is going for her Sport Pilot Gyro, and this may be a good thing for her to study up on vs Kings or something else.
I've emailed Tim and asked for clarification. I don't know the answer yet.

Not sure what test she is going for. Please clarify. Basic FAA Test is a breeze, without Tim's Course. But his Course and Gyropedia will help going forward.

The last thing I remember is there is no time limit to you watching it for the $200. But need to find out as he/we wrote the ad badly.

When I signed up for the $200 class (recording of this year's live class) I was told that the material would be available for at least 30 days. Since that time there has been offers for 2 more sessions with the recorded material.

FWIW, I signed up in April 2020 and the links I have still work!

Last edited:
Tim's response.

Access is for at least 30 days.
The video hosting is $140/month + USB drive and shipping so if I don't get a new subscription I will have to shut it down after 30 days.
So far people that have signed up have had months of access.

Just to clarify. The $200 does limit your time to 30 days to take the course.
However, reality as long one new person signs up after you the 30 days starts over for everyone who is already taking the course. Whether 90 days ago or 29 days ago.
When no one signs up after the last person's 30 days has lapsed it will end because there is not at least one new person to pay the server fees for 30 days from that time forward.

So, sign up and do the course. 30 days guaranteed, maybe more!
If we can get one new pilot a month it will go on forever.

Ask Bobby, IIRC he's taken the course. Everyone I've recommended it to, has passed, and said it was a great course.

IIRC it's a little over 30 hours of ground school. That would cost you $1,500 at $50 an hours.

You want to be a pilot. This is the best way, on your own schedule, to lay a foundation before you ever talk to your CFI and first ride in the pattern. No one can take this knowledge away from you. Only a little rusty without use.

You will know the pattern, radio communications, runway markings, etc and it equates to less instruction required in both groud school, navigation, and flying.

Make your dream come true. Do the work, of course, but mainly just do it now, today. Life has a way of never being the right time to live our dreams.

Last edited: