PRA's group insurance moving forward saving us money!! Update 1st offer!!

Haven't done anything with x-plane in many years John, so it would take a minute to find the RAF, if it is even available on the current version. I'll talk to a buddy of mine that put one together more recently. There is no need for the students to do the first one, it is very simple. I think it would go over big at Mentone. I was planning on trying to put one together between now and then. Work is keeping me busy lately though. I wouldn't worry too much about the stab as most flying/stability parameters are programmable. If I am remembering that model, it flew pretty well, and the controls and graphics worked good too.

I have been flying the ELA-07, VSKYLABS B-8m and RAF2000 and all work with x-plane 11.2. This is a web link I found many months ago about several of the gyroplanes available on X-Plane. https://singleenginepilot.com/what-is-the-best-flight-simulator-for-gyrocopters-autogyros/

It has been some time now since I fired it up but I do remember spending a little time figuring out how to pre-rotate the ELA. If I remember correctly you have to hold the joystick forward when starting to pre rotate otherwise the pre rotator will not start.

I currently have not ridden in a gyroplane but was disappointed when my conference in Dallas was canceled due to the covid-19 virus where I also had a discovery flight scheduled in Dublin Texas.

When flying in the simulator I have found the ELA to be quite a bit more stable to fly then the single-seat skylab's or the RAF 2000.

It took me sometime but I have enjoyed taking off and landing at different airports around Nebraska.

I currently fly on my simulator with this setup
With my laptop and HDMI to a gaming flat screen.

Do the gyro models for X-Plane still have some of the incorrect fixed-wing-based control responses? Last time I tried to fly a gyro in X-Plane, rotor RPM varied with throttle settings instead of loading.

I have been flying the ELA-07, VSKYLABS B-8m and RAF2000 and all work with x-plane 11.2. This is a web link I found many months ago about several of the gyroplanes available on X-Plane. https://singleenginepilot.com/what-is-the-best-flight-simulator-for-gyrocopters-autogyros/

It has been some time now since I fired it up but I do remember spending a little time figuring out how to pre-rotate the ELA. If I remember correctly you have to hold the joystick forward when starting to pre rotate otherwise the pre rotator will not start.

I currently have not ridden in a gyroplane but was disappointed when my conference in Dallas was canceled due to the covid-19 virus where I also had a discovery flight scheduled in Dublin Texas.

When flying in the simulator I have found the ELA to be quite a bit more stable to fly then the single-seat skylab's or the RAF 2000.

It took me sometime but I have enjoyed taking off and landing at different airports around Nebraska.

I currently fly on my simulator with this setup
With my laptop and HDMI to a gaming flat screen.
Thank for the information it all helps.

Do the gyro models for X-Plane still have some of the incorrect fixed-wing-based control responses? Last time I tried to fly a gyro in X-Plane, rotor RPM varied with throttle settings instead of loading.
From the X-Plane aircraft setup page, it appears you can create an accurate kite, spaceship, and gyroplane. But it takes accurate measurements, thrust, lift, HS etc. With knowledge and tweaking, I believe we create a gyro specific flight sim with an instructor monitor station allowing them to kill the engine, change the winds, and reduce the rotor blade speed assuring blade flap on takeoff with stick shake bruising their legs.

This flight simulator will be used to test pilots safely on the ground for our new group insurance program.

As a secondary value, it would be fun for non pilots and kids to play around with at Mentone too, assuming it had any free time after real training. There have been several good quality flight sim displays at big events like Oshkosh that are very popular.

Yeah, Mon John. We will send it to fly-ins for public use too!

I've been flying the Bensen B8M sim in VR for a year and a half if anybody is still pursuing this.
Guess not. I tried to access the link in the original post and it does not work. I'd certainly be interested in cheaper insurance.