PRA Organization $$$

I think his original question was valid and the first couple responces he got to it were out of line. Thats my personal opinion. In the end perhaps he was being a trouble maker or a troll or whatever, that I do not know.... but I don't think he was in the wrong for asking the question here, and quite honestly, with so many board members posting here on a hourly basis.... I do think its fair to expect a quick responce to a question placed in this area, even if the responce is " hey I see your question, Ill get you the answer within the next few weeks "

Please just give him the answer and stop attacking the gentleman for asking a question.

I've reread the original post several times and cannot figure how Johns' question was inappropriate. I felt the first few responses to his question were somewhat unnecessary.

Can't we all just get along?......geez! Feels like I'm in grade school and that gentlemen....was a long time ago.

Now....everyone say your sorry and shake hands.......now....let's go flying!

Please just give him the answer and stop attacking the gentleman for asking a question.

You may need to go back and read the first page of the thread.

His question was answered in post #3, then again in post #19, then again in post #36.

I don't think answering it a forth time will do anything for him or the people that can't find the three current answers by three different people that have already been posted in this thread.

How can this be made less painful and easier for all concerned ?

How about either,

a) printing a summary of the accounts once every 12 months within the members magazine, ie all members will then get to see it within their mag when it drops through their letterbox

or plan B

b) Place a simple PDF copy of the same yearly accounts up on the Members section of the PRA website - once logged in those interested can access it whenever they wish.

Hopefully one of these two options is not beyond the wit of man - if so and once done this question will not re-occur as the information is their for Members without having to ask for it.

Regards

Steve

I do think its fair to expect a quick responce to a question placed in this area, even if the responce is " hey I see your question, Ill get you the answer within the next few weeks "

Ron,

I am going to have to disagree with you on the statement above.(at least technically) While I do believe it was completely reasonable to make a post and ask a question like he did, and anyone would hope to receive a quick and accurate answer to a post, it is not reasonable (in my opinion) to EXPECT an immediate response. The rotary forum is not the official communications channel for the PRA (the PRA Web site is). And no one from the PRA Board has a responsibility to check on the Rotary forum and see if there are any communications that need to be answered. While many of us are on the forum (on a pretty regular basis) that does not mean that we will be there every day, or that we will see every single post, or that a post will be answered within a few hours. Expecting that level or response, and being irritated if it doesn't happen, is where I believe the problem is.

I have posted many questions on the forum, hoping for a quick response and waited days before I heard back with what I was looking for. That is the nature of the forum. No one on the forum owes me anything, including answering a reasonable question I may have asked. I have no problem with taking time to answer anyone's questions and I spend hours each week talking to people and answering questions and trying to help grow our sport. But I do have a problem when people start treating me like an employee who owes them something, just because I volunteer to serve my fellow Gyro enthusiasts. It's that entitlement attitude that some people have that makes me question whether or not I want to continue volunteering my time with trying to help and support others.

Wow.....it keeps getting snotty.

Post #3 was a first reply to Johns' original post....although probably not intentional....because I know Joe.... did sound somewhat......well....could have been taken as adversarial.

Post # 4 was John posting a thank you.

Post#5 by Brent was that this was not the PRA...point? No one said this forum was the PRA....but John did post the question in the appropriate thread.

Post #6 was a good reply to post #5.

Post #7 (sorry Tim) was the beginning of the attacking. I still don't see what John started out doing wrong to receive such replies. But....I again may be missing something.

We all wonder why Congress can't get their collective crap together and solve real world issues....but.....we as people here on this forum can't behave any better than Congress.

Hate to sound like a broken record....but....there is no way a conversation like this would ever continue to this level in my home. How embarrassing for any newcomer trying to seek information about this sport and run into threads like this......wow!

Just my 2 cents worth. Ok.....y'all can pick on me now......I don't mind.

Fly safe folks!

Last edited:
.. Johns' original post....although probably not intentional...

Post number #2, you don't think is out of place?

because I know Joe.... did sound somewhat......well....could have been taken as adversarial.

Certainly an 'in kind' response to post #2 IMHO.

It was simply a repost of the comment in #2.

...I spend hours each week talking to people and answering questions and trying to help grow our sport. But I do have a problem when people start treating me like an employee who owes them something, just because I volunteer to serve my fellow Gyro enthusiasts. It's that entitlement attitude that some people have that makes me question whether or not I want to continue volunteering my time with trying to help and support others.

Well said, same goes for me.

If someone can't be civil when they ask a question at 7:30pm on a Friday and don't get an answer by Saturday morning from a CLUB without getting an attitude, lets let it be their problem.

I can't get as fast of a response from for profit company's actual web page with paid employees, then he got from us later Saturday on a non-PRA site.

Last edited:
Some of you may have noticed I posted two potential solutions to this issue.

Possible ?

I think his first post was appropriate and in the right area.

I think his second post was slightly questionable... But he did have a point that it was extremely likely that a PRA board member such as Stan, Tim, Doug, or whatever else, had most likely seen the thread and did not answer.

Yes, he was expecting instant results to his posting, and that is unrealistic.

Doug, if a person had enough free time on their hands, they could easily track what each member of the forum is doing in real time on this forum. They could click on your name and see if your logged in or not and if so, could see what thread your reading, etc....

It IS totally unrealistic to expect a immediate anwser to a question here. Any question....

But at the same time, if you have a important question and can see that the people who are most likely the ones that should answer it have seen your question and did not reply, you might wonder why.

At the end of the day, he was a little out of line for how he worded his second post here. And he shouldn't have expected a immediate answer. At the same time, the responces he got, ESPECIALLY from PRA board members, was harsh to say the least.

At the end of MY day.... I really don't care. Not my problem, not really my concern. Im just sharing my observations based on what I saw.

I think like Barry said, perhaps a round of appologizing is in order by ALL parties, and lets get back to being a happy gyro family.

Some of you may have noticed I posted two potential solutions to this issue.

Possible ?

Paying members can get general financial information from the Bensen Days board meeting summary which is published in Rotorcraft a month or two after the BOD meeting at each Bensen Days.

Also: http://www.pra.org/Member.aspx

I think his first post was appropriate and in the right area.

I think his second post was slightly questionable... But he did have a point that it was extremely likely that a PRA board member such as Stan, Tim, Doug, or whatever else, had most likely seen the thread and did not answer.

Yes, he was expecting instant results to his posting, and that is unrealistic.

Thank you Ron, that is a good post. One of the things I like about you is that you don't always get entrenched in an opinion and you often go back and re-evaluate things.

I think like Barry said, perhaps a round of appologizing is in order by ALL parties, and lets get back to being a happy gyro family.

I'll open that door.

John,

For my part in this, I apologize for reacting so strongly to your accusations of wrong doing and impatience for a response.

I wish you clear skys and happy flying.

I have no dog in this fight but just wondering... In post #36 it is stated that the PRA is NOT a non profit. What is it?

I have no dog in this fight but just wondering... In post #36 it is stated that the PRA is NOT a non profit. What is it?

That was answered in Post #38.

The PRA is not a CLASS C non-profit which is what most people refer to when they say non-profit as in tax-exempt charitable donations.

See post #38 for details.

All I was saying is he might not get what he wants off this site even if posted in the right place. Sorry

Although I really don't know of anything I said in this thread that was was inappropriate or unkind, I will be the first to admit that the person being offensive to others often has no idea the words they are using my be interpreted by others as being offensive, so if I said anything that was offensive to anyone, you have my sincere apology. I certainly did not mean to offend anyone. My greatest desire is to help see this sport grow and I feel I am trying to do all I can to assist it

Doug Barker
PRA Secretary