PRA Organization $$$

JDM

Aircraft
still deciding on build project
To any and all members of the leadership of the PRA,

Where might a paying member of the PRA obtain a copy of the annual financial statement for the Popular Rotorcraft Association for the past couple of years?

Or, is one registered with the State of Indiana Secretary of State's office due to it stating it is a non-profit organization?

Thank you in advance-

Bump.

Anybody home?

I know those who can respond to this request have seen it.

I wonder why no response.

Hmmmmm....

They have a published phone number and contact information. Since your second post is not even 24 hours after your first post, perhaps you are looking for a response time unwarranted by unpaid volunteers. I wonder why so impatient....hmmmm.

So noted, thank you.

And for that matter so does the Secretary of State of the State of Indiana where the PRA is registered as a nonprofit organization.

The name of this portion of the forum is "PRA Headquarters Q & A; If you have any questions for PRA HQ, post 'em here".

So, your point is?

The name of this portion of the forum is "PRA Headquarters Q & A; If you have any questions for PRA HQ, post 'em here".

So, your point is?

John,

The point is this.

The Rotary Forum is not owned or operated by the PRA.

The RF kindly lets the PRA have a place here for it's members to converse.

Members and volunteers are under no obligation to respond to posts made here.

So for example...

If some Johnny come lately who has been posting like a Troll in other threads on the forum, comes in demanding to 'see the papers' after not even taking the time to even call or email the office, then makes snarky "Hmmmmm...." statements when he does not get an immediate reply, it is unlikely there is going to be a rush of volunteers to feed the Troll.

Point is they may not reply here. they do have a web site and you can go and see if you get what you want.

Why all the hostility?

I didn't see anywhere in any of the forum rules that one had to be of a certain standing to contribute or ask questions here.

I have been a member of the forum since October 10, 2010. I have been a member of the PRA for about as long, joining in November of that year.

I haven't called anyone names.

I have not been disrespectful to anyone's view or position here at any time.

Mr OConnor (aka here as barnstorm2), it should be known by most folks here that you are in fact an officer of the organization, the Vice President of the PRA, as it is stated in Popular Rotorcraft's latest issue.

Mr OConnor/barnstormer2 it only begs the question, as an officer of the PRA why aren't you willing to answer my original question " Where might a paying member of the PRA obtain a copy of the annual financial statement for the Popular Rotorcraft Association for the past couple of years?"

For the record, I have contacted the PRA office in the past on an entirely different issue and to no avail.

But again I ask, why all of the hostility?

Why all the hostility?

I didn't see anywhere in any of the forum rules that one had to be of a certain standing to contribute or ask questions here.

I haven't called anyone names.

I have not been disrespectful to anyone's view or position here at any time.

But again I ask, why all of the hostility?

John,

The internet is an amazing form of information and communication.

However, one of it's downsides is that in print form, with out voice tones and facial inflections what you type and post may be taken in a very differences 'tone' then you intend it to be.

From my perspective and those of quite a few of us you have been rude and disrespectful several times.

I don't have the time in incliation to go through all of your posts and point them all out but what you have posted in this thread is a good example:

Bump.

Anybody home?

I know those who can respond to this request have seen it.

I wonder why no response.

Hmmmmm....

You make a post late on a Friday, and you don't get a response by Saturday MORNING and already you seem to be making accusations of wrong doing by the PRA volunteers.

You were given a polite response, with a not-so-subtle indication that your snarky "Hmmmmmm...." was not appropriate but still no retraction or apology.

The fact is the PRA is a 50-year old CLUB and many members have been in the PRA for the better part of their lives.

We feel passionate about our sport and will go to great lengths to help each other out.

However, we are a small fish in a big pond and we have to swim twice as hard as other sports to 'keep up'. Additionally, we have a widow-maker reputation to dispel.

Our hard working volunteers have enough on the plates already but will gladly add more for curious friendly newcomers.

However, we are not paid to put up with rude people and Trolls, in fact, we are not paid at all.

If you don't realize you are trying to catch fly's with vinegar then I suggest examining the quality of your honey.

They have a published phone number and contact information.

Mr Pires,

True, they do.

But, why do you feel that the question, that I feel that a lot of members would like to see answered out in the open, be answered in a private one on one conversation?

Essentially, if they can answer on the phone then why would they choose not to in a public forum?

And, at the very least, neither the VP or Secretary of the PRA, who are both very prolific contributors to the forum, nor have any other members of the leadership of the PRA who are here, have private messaged or emailed me regarding this. One would have to wonder why?

No, all I get is lambasting and name calling from the the VP, barnstormer2/OConner in public for asking a question in a part of the forum designated for the purpose of asking the PRA questions.

Plenty of effort expended it seems in NOT answering a question.

One would have to wonder why now, wouldn't they?

Mr OConnor,

Your behavior and actions quite clearly speak for themselves.

You start off with whitewashing YOUR clearly negative comments as being misinterpreted and then go forward with not allowing me the same understanding?

And as I am understanding what you are saying, to disagree with another member here is being disrespectful? Am I understanding you correctly? Or is it to never disagree with certain members? I'm confused now.

Sir, I have never been disrespectful to anyone's position here, ever.

Have I disagreed, yes, as I am permitted under the First Amendment of the US Constitution and within the rules of the forum. But never disrespectful.

John- I usually respond, but will not be drawn into what looks like an attitude you are presenting here. Tim is doing a good job with his responses.

Stan

Attitude?

All I did was ask a question, knowing that you and other members of the leadership of the PRA frequent here on a fairly regular basis.

I posted an honest question in the proper area of the forum designated for such questions, and I have an attitude?

More hostility on the part of PRA leadership due to asking about filings with the State of Indiana.

Why?

It's a valid question posted in the appropriate area that was set up for questions to the PRA.

"Where might a paying member of the PRA obtain a copy of the annual financial statement for the Popular Rotorcraft Association for the past couple of years?"

Does the PRA have an obligation to provide it's members with an accounting of it's finances?
If so, where does a member get this information?

If not, why not just state that the information is not available?

I would think if a report is what you want why not send an e-mail to the PRA and ask for it. Or maybe call them. I do know for some personal reasons the office staff might take some time to respond to it. Also it may take time to put together. But that would be the best place to start.

I agree it is a question that might be asked here in this forum but to publish it here might not be how it should be handled.

I might pose a question? Have you done any of the above?

Some times people post a question not really wanting an answer. They prefer some sort of action. Or to stir the pot so to speak.

I am not sure if this is the case or not. It is not my position to pass judgement either way.

But everyone should try to keep positive in the end result.

Taking a negative stance in this case on either side proves no useful purpose.

Last edited:
You start off with whitewashing YOUR clearly negative comments as being misinterpreted and then go forward with not allowing me the same understanding?

But never disrespectful.

No, I was saying that YOUR comments were negative and perhaps you did not realize it. After which I gave your posts in this thread as an example.

Obviously, the majority of people feel your posts are indeed disrespectful.

Your question has been answered since post #3.

I can't speak for the other volunteers, but that is all you are going to get out of me unless your attitude improves.

The volunteers have enough to do helping out, without having to deal with pot-stirrers that won't even pickup the phone or write an email to help themselves.

"Where might a paying member of the PRA obtain a copy of the annual financial statement for the Popular Rotorcraft Association for the past couple of years?"

Does the PRA have an obligation to provide it's members with an accounting of it's finances?
If so, where does a member get this information?

If not, why not just state that the information is not available?

That is a good question MIke, and well posed.

Paying members can get general financial information from the Bensen Days board meeting summary which is published in Rotorcraft a month or two after the BOD meeting at Bensen Days.

For specific information members can contact the PRA accountant through the PRA office during business hours. The accountant position is voluntary, done several hours each month, so there may be some turn around time after your request.

Also, you can ask one of the PRA Board members to invite you to one of the Board Meetings at Bensen Days or Mentone where the financials are read.

Lastly, you can contact the appropriate office in the State of Indiana.

Yes John you have an attitude. You could have posted. "How may I obtain a copy of the financial records of the PRA? You could have contacted them at their website, you could have emailed an officer, But instead you decided to post a demand, a complaint, and an innuendo. I am not an officer but I know a troll when I see one. 46 posts into this community, you're off to a fine start.

edit: I posted without reading all the new posts since my original post. I now see that a similar theme has been been expressed by multiple members, I did not mean to be redundant.

Joe. I would suggest you go back and read my original question again.

Attitude for asking where to obtain?

Really Joe, come on.

:)