PRA Membership Drive

Maybe I am the only one, but for the last several years I have not received any kind of renewal notice. I had to call Pam later when the magazine stopped. I would think that sending at least two notices after non-renewal might help to boost membership far beyond its currently shrinking state. AOPA must send me 10 or 12 things a year to try to get me to join. Spending a dollar to try to keep from loosing a member is much easier than trying to find newbies. Anybody think this is a good suggestion?

Scott Heger, Laguna Niguel, Ca N86SH

I think that is an excellent suggestion. Also, sending subscription forms to past members might be useful as well.

Maybe I am the only one, but for the last several years I have not received any kind of renewal notice. I had to call Pam later when the magazine stopped. I would think that sending at least two notices after non-renewal might help to boost membership far beyond its currently shrinking state. AOPA must send me 10 or 12 things a year to try to get me to join. Spending a dollar to try to keep from loosing a member is much easier than trying to find newbies. Anybody think this is a good suggestion.

Scott,
I don't know the reason why you haven't received renewal notices. I do send out two sets of notices to the members. The first one is usually about five or six weeks before their due date. The second one usually two weeks before due date. If it happens to be a month where we have lost more than our usual 40 percent drop-out, I send out a third set of notices.
Thanks,
Pam

Pam,
You might consider sending an email, acknowledging receipt of a new memberships. I sent my application for a new membership about 10 or 12 days ago, and haven't heard anything back. Not sure that it didn't go off to ethernet heaven.

Ron,
I do believe that I processed your membership this past Wednesday along with 59 other memberships. I mailed out all memberships info on Friday. I'll double check on this for you Monday.
As to email acknowledging receipt of memberships, I'm going to check with our webmaster to see if a way can be done to automaticly let people know that their memberships have, indeed, been received. That way would sure help me out.
Thanks for your imput.
--Pam

Well Pam, I just don't seem to get those notices as described. Must be being stolen with all the welfare checks I am supposed to get. Not one of them has showed up either!!!
\