PRA Gyro Raffle!

Our PRA chapter would like to buy 6 tickets, should we send a check to Brent Drake? Also, we are challenging all other PRA and EAA chapters to participate.
K. O

You can send a check but easier to just buy online!
My problem is, that it will listed under my name and not the chapter. I already have my tickets and don't want to confuse the drawing if the chapter or I win.

The PRA is raffling off a beautiful Dominator Gyro, with enclosed trailer!
Ticket sales start at Convention which is less than 2 weeks away!
Continuing ticket sales after the convention to be announced.
Now is your chance to help support the PRA and a chance to win a beautiful aircraft!

View attachment 1155373
ANY UPDATE ON WHEN THE DRAWING WILL OCCUR?

The raffle info did say in the fall. We still have another 2+ months of fall.

My guess is more tickets need to change hands to make it a profitable venture for the PRA to set a definite date.

I've bought 3 different times so far. I believe the number hand-written on each typed receipt emailed to me shows how many different times tickets have been sold. The last one was around 89...

Patience...we have very level-headed folks on the PRA board.

The raffle info did say in the fall. We still have another 2+ months of fall.

My guess is more tickets need to change hands to make it a profitable venture for the PRA to set a definite date.

I've bought 3 different times so far. I believe the number hand-written on each typed receipt emailed to me shows how many different times tickets have been sold. The last one was around 89...

Patience...we have very level-headed folks on the PRA board.

Typed receipt emailed? I bought online and only have the PayPal receipt to show for it. Am I missing something?

Typed receipt emailed? I bought online and only have the PayPal receipt to show for it. Am I missing something?
From my experience, it usually takes our Indiana-based friend for the PRA raffles (Brent Drake) 1-2 weeks to get your ticket(s) photo out to you by email after your purchase.

When did you purchase? You should get the PayPal receipt with image of purchased tickets back via email.

I bought in September. I emailed you the receipt. Thanks for your help.

From my experience, it usually takes our Indiana-based friend for the PRA raffles (Brent Drake) 1-2 weeks to get your ticket(s) photo out to you by email after your purchase.

Ok, it's been over a month. I forwarded my receipt to Bobby. He's going to follow up. Thanks.

Tempting... very tempting... but calculating the odds...

Seven gallon tank, so it's an LSA, so a pilot certificate is needed to fly it legally... (14 CFR Part 103, §103.1 (e) (2)).

Tempting... very tempting... but calculating the odds...

Seven gallon tank, so it's an LSA, so a pilot certificate is needed to fly it legally... (14 CFR Part 103, §103.1 (e) (2)).
Yes and it’s well over the weight and speed for the ultralight class. There was only one Dominator Ultralight built. It was a prototype was determined to not be viable in the market place at the time. I flew it and it flew good for what it was. It had shortcomings that were determined to be unacceptable and not correctable. I’m my opinion based on my flight in the one we had was it felt flimsy. I weighed more than it. The aircraft was 252lbs I weighed 260 at the time. While flying if I shifted my weight it would begin to turn in that direction. The other thing that bother me as well as my father was the lack of penetration when you pulled the power back. Unlike a standard Dominator with the same 503 that would assume a nose down attitude once the power was cut, and would almost establish is own glide. The ultralight weighed a little over 50 pounds less and when you pulled the power it would go nose down, but almost felt like it was stuck. It took what seemed like a while to begin falling into a glide. I found even a my weight I had to push the nose more than normal down to get enough airspeed and rotor RPM to flare. The angle down was such that I felt like I was going to fall off the seat I was thankful for the seatbelt.