PRA forum login issues

DennisN

Aircraft
1980 Bensen B8 w/ 1835 VW
Good morning, yawl! I was curious if anyone is having any issues accessing the PRA paid member functions such as the forum. My login works fine for the PRA.org website itself, but when trying to access the forum with the same login.. it continues to tell me that my credentials are incorrect. I have never been able to access it from day 1 being a member. I of course am unable to acces the PRA forum for requesting help there. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
DennisN;n1135261 said:
Good morning, yawl! I was curious if anyone is having any issues accessing the PRA paid member functions such as the forum. My login works fine for the PRA.org website itself, but when trying to access the forum with the same login.. it continues to tell me that my credentials are incorrect. I have never been able to access it from day 1 being a member. I of course am unable to acces the PRA forum for requesting help there. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Hi Dennis
You log into our forum AUTOMATICALLY by clicking a green button on the members only section and right near the top 1/3 of the page. More info...

Yes the board ask that on PRA forum to add your actual name and the account number as the User Id. It is different than PRA.org log in User Id of just the #. Instructions are in the email members are sent.
Here is the instructions: Log in to PRA.org it's takes you to the members only section
Right near the top 1/3 of the page there is a large green button that says "I am a PRA and currently signed in give me access to Ask the Experts forum" Click it.
You will be logged and then just look at your user Id in the forum to use it's next time to log in directly to the forum if you wish.

Howdy John!

I tried that many times before requesting assistance as the instructions were pretty simple and clear, it still does not work. Just to be sure, I just tried again.. It still does not give me access to post in the forums as it does not have me signed in.. so the problem does in fact still exist. Hollar at me on FB when you get a chance or give me a call and we will step through the process so you can recreate my issue and move forward with a resolution. Thanks in advance!

Dennis

It's good that the PRA Forum is open for all to read and learn.

Sadly it doesn't appear to be very active for those that can post ( members )

http://www.pra.org/forums/forum.php

Steve_UK;n1135342 said:
It's good that the PRA Forum is open for all to read and learn.

Sadly it doesn't appear to be very active for those that can post ( members )

http://www.pra.org/forums/forum.php

That's true Steve. And we do have a policy that I do not advertise that would solve that.
But I love this forum it has taught me so much and do not want to see it die completely.
The activity here now is not 1/3 what it used to be when I was being taught by so many more experts like Birdy & Udi & so many more gone.
Because it so hard to find new posts compared to click one tab and see everything for days that was posted.

I put zero effort into marketing PRA's forum as we have this forum I love.
For NOW I can do more good for our community if I keep making PRA profitable and get more of the community helping others locally.

I'm pretty good at marketing anything I want Steve. If I wanted to make our Forum the one to go to I would not bet against me if I were you.
Don't worry I have the following before I HAVE the time and inclination to make PRA forum the place to go. But once we have added these member benefits see if you do not agree most will join PRA for the real added value. The are in my preferred order and not all have been approved by the board because we don't have the money. But that is changing quickly.

1) Online video ground school with tests where we match them to the CFI nearest them or the one the select to anwser their questions for compensation so we do not take all of the revenue away but reduce the cost for new ANY Pilot only rotorcraft specific. (Have the funds and being discussed by BOD now and will vote on it at Mentone)

2) At least one co-owned two place trainer we send to all the fly-in's for members to share their so they do not have to bring one. And to send to chapters following the sun when they have 4 or more that PRA will advertise is coming for 90 days before it arrives. Explaining if you join their chapter you can get your ticket for less than any other aircraft as they only pay for fuel and oil to fly their co-owned PRA rotorcraft. My intent is to make flying with a PRA chapter is cheaper than any FW rating. Revering the current situation where it's often cheaper to get your FW rating and then add on your rotorcraft. (At the rate we are increasing revenue may have this by next convention)

3) Low cost PRA co-insurance for members. As I had for our Piper dealership with a charity twist. Once PRA has a savings account of about 1 million dollars. Contact the underwriters directly and create a program with them where PRA will pay the majority of the comprehensive damage. They only are mainly responsible for the liability portion of the risk. That should be less than my FW Archer as all rotorcraft weight less. With less mass we bounce off building roofs and walls but not my Archer. Those members in the pool will have to pay a variable rate based on the losses we pay in any one year to build the saving account back up and then they pay NOTHING until we have another claim. Also we ASK the Insurance underwriter to donate back part of the insurance we paid if we have fewer claim. The last I don't expect to happen but you always ask if it's a make or break part of the deal and many times I've been wrong so you always try.

After 2) is where we need to worry about PRA's forum becoming the place to go to. Not yet.

I hope Mike will see this and we can from a partnership where RWF is PRA's forum with Mike as a board members and running the forum only PRA would pay pro's from the company anything they want to fix it and keep it the place to go.

There are many little things happening now but until those are finished I'm not going to take time to help kill this forum. Don't tell anyone as until now I've not even told the BOD I'm not trying.

Last edited:
You do an awesome job, John! You definitely have your hands full!

And thank you for being more concerned about the gyro community as a whole and not just the site you are tied to. Looking forward to seeing you again at mentone, Misty and I will be there atleast the 31st and maybe even the 1st.

Hi Dennis
Edited. I just realized who you are Dennis so would only like to meet your wife. OK that doesn't sound kosher???

Thank you and make sure you find me. That's the other most rewarding thing I'm making so many GOOD people / friends from around the world.

But they do not know that as soon as PRA is running by itself. I'm going to show up with a gyro at their house and fly with them locally. That's the last thing left on my bucket list.

Added.
Any you and Marc are on the top of my list to much off of while I their. Hahahahaha

Last edited:
All_In;n1135452 said:
Hi Dennis
Edited. I just realized who you are Dennis so would only like to meet your wife. OK that doesn't sound kosher???

Thank you and make sure you find me. That's the other most rewarding thing I'm making so many GOOD people / friends from around the world.

But they do not know that as soon as PRA is running by itself. I'm going to show up with a gyro at their house and fly with them locally. That's the last thing left on my bucket list.

Added.
Any you and Marc are on the top of my list to much off of while I their. Hahahahaha

Bwahaha! She is by far the better half! I’m only likeable by association and I’m ok with that. Misty said she is looking forward to finally meeting you as well.

The initial anonymity is my own fault, I’ve lurked far too long with too little posts.. but I learned young that you gain the most knowledge initially by keeping your mouth shut and listening(and reading in this case) to the wealth of knowledge out there by those already well experienced in your field of interest. The exception of course is the folks who pioneered the particular field, those who had to engineer and learn it all on their own from the get go... and you really want to learn from those guys even more so. We fortunately still have so many of those folks still around.. and soon I’ll likely be contacting a few of them to offer my time in exchange for working with them. As it is.. about 3 years ago, I made a 180 degree turn in careers from 2 decades of software development to millwright/industrial electronics. Marc was a big catylist in this as soon as I walked into his shop for the first time and seen his work. That dude knows his stuff. His continuing patience and sharing of knowledge/technique opened a different world for me.

My Bensen restoration project has definitely taught me a lot... enough that I’m thinking of just building another for the 51% qualification for fun/experience before moving onto a 2 place that will carry both Misty and myself. I would love nothing more than to eventually be engineering my own machines from scratch(gyrojake style) and to be a gyro CFI.. but that’s many hours down the road. First thing first, need to get my own rating. Know anyone with an extra rating they can spare in trade for getting to hang with me? Haha

See you soon.

I've never been able to log into the PRA forum, even if i'm already logged it it has never let me post.