PRA - Chapter One of Southern California - September 2021 Ken Brock Freedom Fly-in will be Sept 24, 25, 26 at El Mirage Dry Lake OHV park

MikeSmith628

Aircraft
Bensen B8-M, Magni M-16
PRA - Chapter One of Southern California - September Ken Brock Freedom Fly-in Sept 24, 25, 26. Go to KBBFI.com for Full Details, Flyer and Event Schedule

Attachments

• KBFFI-2021-Flyer.pdf
    997.7 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Here is the Event schedule...

Attachments

• 2021-KBFFI-Schedule-of-Events.pdf
    154.5 KB · Views: 46
This is a bump and an invitation to one of the longest-running and most unique personal rotorcraft Fly-In's in the USA.
If you are on the west coast this is your one opportunity to see various rotorcraft and join in the PARTY!
See the attachment for more...

It's that time again...
You know you want to...
Time to finally check this Fly-in off the bucket list...
Don't miss awesome El Mirage where we fly free...
Be a part of the fun with Chapter One...

Who is coming to the party?

It is almost flying/party time again my friends!!! Hooray, one week from today!
Don't wait just do it! Create a new adventure memory with So Ca's gang of rotor heads on the 24th, 25th, and or 26th!!!

Fly, drive, bus, Uber, or hitchhike the party begins this Friday!!!

Chuck, Doug, and I are leaving El Cajon at 9:00 AM on Friday the 24th with the TriBull in tow. Should be there by 1 or 1:30?
(A TriBull is a PitBull that has been converted to a tricycle gear) Well, at least that is what I named it.
Come see her in person!

Dave Bacon, everyone loves Bacon, is trying to be there on Thursday and help set up.

Doesn't look good. The timing on the rotor vale is off on the 582 blue head I just put on my KB3. So I will be fixing that tomorrow. See you when I get there.

All good. A thunderstorm came close today but just got a lot of wind no rain looks good for tomorrow

Fresh off the press...the unedited version of those machines flying slow enough for me to put down my drink and grab my camera (yup, that means the enclosed red (Cavalon?) gyro that was hauling A**s i didn't get any videos of it! It was too fast! Man, that gyro does it all! Fly's fast and slow (I did get one clip of it going slow, which is an unflattering show of gyro that normally kicks butt!

The youtube link is below....forgot my tripod and the sun was so bright I couldn't really see what I was filming, (Dave, as usual, shows the original design can still perform as well as any production model).... here it is, 19 minutes of annying two stroke engines :)

Well, I'm writing this today after the ending of another FANTASTIC KBFFI! The weather was perfect (even with a close call with rain on Friday) - winds were very light, temperature was extremely comfortable, and we had a GREAT crowd of people come visit with us! I want to thank all of Chapter One who were able to attend and help with the Event. It is a TEAM effort, and we are fortunate to have such wonderful Chapter One members and supporters out there who made this weekend go so smoothly. Thank you to everyone who came out to visit with us and fly their aircraft - whether they be gyros, trikes, powered parachutes, etc. It was wonderful to see people out there enjoying themselves.

Thank you to PRA chapter one and thank you for sharing the fun.

I had a great time visiting with old friends and meeting new ones.

Hello everyone.
We like to invite everyone to attend our Fly-In 2022 this year. This is 59 anniversary of Chapter One.
I am attaching Flyer for the event
Teddy
Vice president for Chapter One

Attachments

• KBFFI 2022 Flyer_1.jpg
    KBFFI 2022 Flyer_1.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 11
Good evening everyone! Well, Dave Bacon and I were up at El Mirage today, and so far, the Lake Bed is closed to traffic. HOWEVER, they have no issues with people camping on the side of the Lake Bed. So , the Fly-In is still planned for this week! We will have to drive the perimeter road - a nicely graveled road - that will take us from the Visitors Center to the West Side of Gyro Cove, near the SCTA Fence. People are camping out at other parts of the Lake already, just on directly ON the Lake. There is plenty of space to put a camper and our Canopies for the event off of the Lake Bed, and park gyros. People are running motorcycles on the Lake apparently, and we should be OK to taxi a gyro and take off, since we will not be doing any real driving on the Lake. They may also open the Lake by Friday, but no firm confirmation on that. And, while there may be a little water SOMEWHERE on the Lake, Gyro Cove is dry.

I will be posting an update tomorrow, as I will be going up there again tomorrow to get specific instructions/pictures and video as needed so everyone can see exactly where we will be having the event at, and how to get there. I will put all this info on our website and provide a link to that here once I get it all put together.

I look forward to seeing you at El Mirage for KBFFI 2022!