PRA Board @ 2-5-2022

Abid

AR-1 gyro manufacturer
Aircraft
AR-1
Total Flight Time
4000+ 560 gyroplanes. Sport CFI Gyro and Trikes. Pilot Airplane
John (All IN)
I demand that you give PRA IP in terms of members only media like Rotorcraft magazines that its Editor Rick Gilley gave to PRA and plans back to PRA please. It does not belong to you. Please do the right thing and hand this IP back.

Abid

barnstorm2

Platinum Member
Aircraft
2-place Air Command CLT SxS (project), & Twinstarr Autogyro
Total Flight Time
750+hrs and climbing
Important note. Several people have mentioned that John promised he would have the "super-duper" website up and fully functional no later than 2018. Actually, he promised to have this super website, storefront, office integrated management system, marketing system, and more finished back before 2007. That is MORE THAN 14 years ago.

As you have noticed anyone that does not support John 110% or does not do something completely his way will become the next excuse for his delays, incompetence, personally suffered expenses, and eventually verbal vengeance. You can see it documented right here in this thread and if you have been paying attention also the compulsive lying.

He claims to have saved the PRA but it does not look saved to me.

He says he has "done everything" yet all of the problems of the past decade and a half are other people's fault.

He claims to have spent thousands of dollars on things for the PRA that we know the pra got for free, or OTHER people donated the money for. There were DOZENS of volunteers when John stepped in to be the volunteer coordinator, they left long ago and as you can see documented in this thread many others have tried to volunteer but were turned away, became an excuse for John's missed commitments or bad-mouthed.

He claims tens of thousands of hours of "programming" time yet in more than 14 years nothing was found to be working except the excuse generator. He claims thousands of hours of flying time but has not soloed a gyro or shown a smattering of the knowledge a high time pilot would have.

People here have asked, "why did people not speak up before". Well, you see here right in this thread. Even constructive criticism of John will earn you his vengeance in lies and accusations. It's just not worth it for most people so they just go away. Brent resigned from the president position as he could not get the promised work out of John and John had crippled his ability to lead the PRA. Look at all the slander John has since leveled at Brent and not even once addressed any of the issues that lead to Brents' resignation as board president. I for one THANK Brent for bringing this to a head and taking the BS on the chin.

Now is the greatest time in many years to rebuild the PRA for the next generations. You can see CLEARLY how leaders posting in this thread have stepped forward. Please join me in lending them your support.

Brian Jackson

Platinum Member
Aircraft
GyroBee Variant - Under Construction
Found some PRA webinars and a chapter list today. Uploaded to dropbox Bobby. It's out there, just gotta keep looking. If anyone else has stuff they downloaded from the PRA site in the past, whatever it was please contact Bobby or PRA Bod members and help rebuild the website back with the content that may be missing to date. Just a suggestion. Many hands make light work...or so I've heard! Thankx
Will do. I have a folder of many (or all) the gyro PDF plans and documentation. I will compile a list and post it here. Let me know if any of it is needed for the PRA site rebuild and I'll deliver the files.

Abid

AR-1 gyro manufacturer
Aircraft
AR-1
Total Flight Time
PRA is working and has already secured commitment for discounts for PRA members for

uAvionix (ADSB IN/OUT) solutions
Adventure Pilot (iFly GPS 740)
AeroLeds

If you are a PRA member, you can get discounts on these and I hope a few more suppliers for your aircraft in very near future. All you will need to provide is your PRA Member number. We are working to get this from Kanardia Avionics, Sensenich prop, Warp Drive Prop, Kiev Prop as well.

We are also starting to work on insurance. If you will renew membership, you will not only primarily support an organization that will do right for all of us for ASTM standards and factory built gyroplanes as SLSA and have a functional web presence and archive of as much history and articles as we can gather for knowledgebase for builders and designers among us but also get discounts for Mentone as well as from vendors such as those listed above.

Talking of value ... Bobby Ward got a functional website within a week where members can pay and renew via Paypal.
PRA BOD is securing discounts from aviation vendors for the members already. I invite everyone who is a rotorcraft pilot and has thought PRA has been MIA to come renew their membership and join PRA

Last edited:

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrs, RAF 2000/Mgni/Bnsn/Hrnet/Mrlin/Crckt/MT-03/Lyzlle AV18-A/Prdtor. GT-VX1&2, Pax ArrowCopter
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
Have responded to the call to try and revive our organisation.

Have tried to renew but can't seem to get into the site to do so. The password and email do not seem to be working. My PRA account No is 43774.

The last correspondence I had with the PRA was in 2021 and is shown below:-

Greetings Leigh welcome to our PRA family.
Your PRA Act.# 43774 expiration date is 12/15/2020.
1st Opt-in to receive the latest email notices here: https://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/manage/optin/ea?v=0010Ypkfp8Ayys7Ujesnvt65g==
To log into http://www.pra.org use.
User ID: *****

Case sanative Password is: ******

Forum User Id: Leigh Allison *****

Password is the same.

Your subscription to PSF will be turned in on January 1st with the other new subscribers and you should receive the 1st issue in January.

To log into the forum 1st log into PRA.org. Here are the instructions. http://www.pra.org/forums/showthread.php?208-How-to-log-into-the-forum

Get your gyroplane Wings!! http://www.pra.org/cart.aspx?i=66

4CF3098935C14E9A9F4966AD8DBD9379.jpg

Thank you for supporting our community and passion,

John Rountree

PRA Business Manager

FlintHelo

Total Flight Time
12,000+
As I posted previously, I joined PRA at last year's convention in Mentone, paid dues, etc. I have received no information from anyone, no magazine, nothing. How do I even find out my membership ID or number? Thanks in advance for any info.

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrs, RAF 2000/Mgni/Bnsn/Hrnet/Mrlin/Crckt/MT-03/Lyzlle AV18-A/Prdtor. GT-VX1&2, Pax ArrowCopter
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
As I posted previously, I joined PRA at last year's convention in Mentone, paid dues, etc. I have received no information from anyone, no magazine, nothing. How do I even find out my membership ID or number? Thanks in advance for any info.
I found out by going through my emails.

You should have received an acknowledgement from the PRA to your email confirming and giving you details as shown above

Abid

AR-1 gyro manufacturer
Aircraft
AR-1
Total Flight Time

Can you give me your Full name and address. I can try to see if we can get it looked up
You can e-mail that to me at [email protected]

Last edited:

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
Tried again this evening seems to have accepted.

Sv.grainne

Aircraft
Aviomania, G1sB Genesis
Will do. I have a folder of many (or all) the gyro PDF plans and documentation. I will compile a list and post it here. Let me know if any of it is needed for the PRA site rebuild and I'll deliver the files.
Thanks Brian, I've gotten several but the more the merrier, thanks for your help.

Bobby

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
Slight problem being this was a renewal... and just had an email ...from John... thanking me for joining?

Hopefully funds will reach the right place.

Sv.grainne

Aircraft
Aviomania, G1sB Genesis
Have responded to the call to try and revive our organisation.

Have tried to renew but can't seem to get into the site to do so. The password and email do not seem to be working. My PRA account No is 43774.

The last correspondence I had with the PRA was in 2021 and is shown below:-

Greetings Leigh welcome to our PRA family.
Your PRA Act.# 43774 expiration date is 12/15/2020.
1st Opt-in to receive the latest email notices here: https://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/manage/optin/ea?v=0010Ypkfp8Ayys7Ujesnvt65g==
To log into http://www.pra.org use.
User ID: *****

Case sanative Password is: ******

Forum User Id: Leigh Allison *****

Password is the same.

Your subscription to PSF will be turned in on January 1st with the other new subscribers and you should receive the 1st issue in January.

To log into the forum 1st log into PRA.org. Here are the instructions. http://www.pra.org/forums/showthread.php?208-How-to-log-into-the-forum

Get your gyroplane Wings!! http://www.pra.org/cart.aspx?i=66

View attachment 1154070

Thank you for supporting our community and passion,

John Rountree

PRA Business Manager
Leigh:. No login or password it required to join or renew your membership

Bobby

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
Leigh:. No login or password it required to join or renew your membership

Bobby
Any chance then Bobby to see if my subs for renewal I just paid have been received in the correct place?

Jetrock

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Building a Sparrow/3drv
Total Flight Time
50 hrs. C-150/About 200 hrs.Gyro.
I too will renew( PRA 14952) but do not have paypal. I can pay by debit card.
Please advise as to who to deal with so i know my dues are going to the right account.

Abid

AR-1 gyro manufacturer
Aircraft
AR-1
Total Flight Time
I too will renew( PRA 14952) but do not have paypal. I can pay by debit card.
Please advise as to who to deal with so i know my dues are going to the right account.

You don't need Paypal. As long as you have a card with Visa, MC etc. symbol on it. That is what you will need along with your PRA Membership number

Make sure you select the right option
Basic membership is $50
membership with Subscription to PSF magazine is $62.00

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
Last night, with Paypal, $50.

Thanks.

GyroChuck

Gyro's are more fun
Aircraft
SnoBird Tandem Gyro, Robinson R-22, Mosquito XE-285, Assorted Fixed Wing
Total Flight Time
I am a life member. I do not see an option for me to only subscribe to PSF