PRA asked to reach out to all rotorcraft pilots for SIMSBURY CT, FLY-IN AND CAR SHOW

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Airgyro AG915 Centurian, Aviomania G1sb
Total Flight Time
Gyroplane 70Hrs, not sure over 10,000+ logged FW, 260+ ultralights, sailplane, hang-gliders
Well if you would like to expose more of the general public to gyropalne and personal helicopters here is your chance to
PRA has been requested to find private and manufactures of gyroplanes and personal helicopters to attend and be in a air show if even just flying in a group in the pattern or they would be glad to connect with someone who could provide a gyrocopter demo, or perhaps organize a group of gyrocopters to appear at our show.

It's billed as the largest Fly-in in the northeastern USA with over 15,000 spectators, displays, 750+ airplanes and cars, and have over 150 businesses as sponsors, advertisers, or exhibitors.

Where: Simsbury Airport (AB9),
94 Wolcott Rd., Simsbury, CT 06070

When: is 9/17/2017 unless that date is for-cased for rain then the date will be 9/24/2017.

You can see their 2016 show at www.simsburyflyin.com .

They do not sell auto gas on the field, but there are gas stations within a 5 minute drive of the airport and they will provide transpiration. Note than in Connecticut, all autogas includes 10% ethanol.

There would be no fee for your folks to attend, since they would be an "attraction" at the show. Actually, we don't charge spectators a fee to enter, but do ask them for a donation to support our airport.

More specifics of what they are thinking and you may add to this list:
There are a number of ways we could introduce gyrocopters to our show. These run the gamut from a scheduled demonstration flight, with appropriate PA narrative, to simply bringing one or more aircraft for static display. I'm sure your experience will help us generate appropriate ideas for how to make this of benefit both to your people and to our event.

Let me also note that we run a series of free seminars on topics of interest. Perhaps someone from your organization would like to make a presentation about gyrocopters?

Contact [email protected]
  1. With the following information
  2. Name
  3. Email Address
  4. What aircraft or presentation you will provide. (Manufactures most welcome)
  5. What flying you would feel comfortable doing if any.

We hope pilots will step up even if just for a static display a gaggle flying in would be a dream come true.

Don't we have any members who can bring a gyroplane to this fly-in??

This could be a great opportunity to promote our sport, you do not have to be a PRA member as we support our entire community even those who do not support PRA. We just wish to help.

there is only one or two gyros in the local area there. still one of the best small airport flyins. this is a major fund raiser for the airport. always postponed for good wx.

HI John I would definitely love to go. At least as definite as I can be being it is still 8 months away. Simsbury is one of the closest airport to me. If anybody is flying in from some distance I am sure I can get hanger space for them for a few days and a place to sleep. Just let me know if I can help in any way. Barry

Hi Barry U-ROCK!!!

Can you email me so I can get you in contact directly and then you can plan what you would like to do for them.
They are very excited!
My Email is my name John Rountree @msn.com = without the spaces. I type it with spaces so the web spiders will not start junk emailing me.

Last edited:
Is there any one else who could help promote our community??

I think I lost one email when my mother was in the hospital? So if you see this and you have contacted me please contact me again...

John - I'll try to make it. Why are you planning so far in advance? Dave

John - I'll try to make it. Why are you planning so far in advance? Dave
Hi Dave
Great news!
They contacted PRA on the date of this thread asking us to reach out not sure why so early.

I suspect they want to make you guys stars in the show allowing you to create fly-in, or air show, or static display and offer you the chance to provide a similar and you could pick a better time slot if your early?

Send me your preferred contact information and I send it to the main man you will be working with should be be able to attend.

Email or PM me my email is my name with no spaces. John Rountree @msn.com
Thanks again U-ROCK Dave!!!

there is only one or two gyros in the local area there. still one of the best small airport flyins. this is a major fund raiser for the airport. always postponed for good wx.
Are you near by could you make it?