PRA 2023 Convention

GyroChuck

Gyro's are more fun
Aircraft
SnoBird Tandem Gyro, Robinson R-22, Mosquito XE-285, Assorted Fixed Wing
Total Flight Time
Will the PRA website be posting what Instructors will be attending. Also what seminars are planned, dates and times.

Oshkosh is July 24 to 30 so I'd expect Mentone to be Aug 2-5 2023.

As far as what seminars we should have, how about putting in some requests now? Who wants what? Just throwing out some ideas, Safety, Radio communications in both controlled and uncontrolled airspaces, flying in groups, dealing with the FAA, developing a good checklist for your own particular gyro, making a good build log, how to get your gyro N-numbered and inspected, training strategies, checkrides, Manufacturers, ???

Last edited:
Oshkosh is July 24 to 30 so I'd expect Mentone to be Aug 2-5 2023.

As far as what seminars we should have, how about putting in some requests now? Who wants what? Just throwing out some ideas, Safety, Radio communications in both controlled and uncontrolled airspaces, flying in groups, dealing with the FAA, developing a good checklist for your own particular gyro, making a good build log, how to get your gyro N-numbered and inspected, training strategies, checkrides, Manufacturers, ???
I think that's a great idea. Would also appreciate comments on PRA Chapters. Active? If so updated contact info. Defunct, need to know.

Also, any other comments or suggestions appreciated.

Bobby

#18 Greater Midwest Rotorcraft Club
Meetings 4th Saturday of the month @ Lansing Municipsl Airport, Lansing Illinois
Adam Helwich
(708)912-1624
Email: [email protected]

I think that's a great idea. Would also appreciate comments on PRA Chapters. Active? If so updated contact info. Defunct, need to know.

Also, any other comments or suggestions appreciated.

Bobby
The Colorado PRA Chapter info is very outdated. Shows Mark Shook as contact, who has "gone west" for about 8 (?) yrs. now. I haven't heard anything about them being an active group since then.

The Florida PRA group still shows Gabor as contact, who also isn't around gyros anymore.

Probably 3 of the 4 Illinois chapters might be inactive, as well as #70 in Indiana...

According to Carl Matter, PRA Chapter 15 in Arizona is almost entirely a 4-wheeler group subsidary of Chapter 15. I attended one of their events last year @ Coolidge airport & there are 1-2 members w/ gyros & a couple of PPCs, along w/ the 4-wheelers.

Thanks, I'll try to sort this out. I'm thinking that I should can the entire list unless I get some feedback.

PRA chapter 26 Sunstate Rotor Club no longer exists. The club was dissolved. The only thing that was retained was Bensen Days. I believe it is its own non profit Corp. Its sole purpose is to fund, host and ensure Bensen Days continues. The contact for that is Scott Lewis, Eric and Callie Bruce.

I made some changes to the PRA Chapter info. Please let me know if any other changes that you may be aware of.

Sorry I made a mistake. PRA Chapter 18 no longer has a web site. There are talks about setting one up again. Rest of the information is correct.

Adam Helwich
(708) 912-1624
Meet 4th Saturday, Lansing Muni Airport, Lansing, IL
www.gyroclub.com - Website No Longer In Use

Sorry I made a mistake. PRA Chapter 18 no longer has a web site. There are talks about setting one up again. Rest of the information is correct.

Adam Helwich
(708) 912-1624
Meet 4th Saturday, Lansing Muni Airport, Lansing, IL
www.gyroclub.com - Website No Longer In Use
Thanks