PRA 2020 convention

Considering options! Perhaps a 2-ship flight from Frederick, Maryland!

Is Mentone still on? I have not seen any new info here on the forum.
On the PRA webpage, 'click here to register' is not working I managed to get to registration by clicking on 'maps and directions'
-Kurt

Its still on. Way more hype and talk about it on Facebook than here.

Have been wondering when people might begin posting, I know that the first arrivals have got there.

Early-bird workers are here ... getting all the preps done ....Paul Minear ...first with gyro, here - I arrived Friday, AirBoss Paul Polster arrived Sat morn, Jane of course ... holding it all together ..... we got a lot done Friday with painting posts and cleaning bathrooms! Denis arrived with the new Gyrotechnic trailer ...WOW!!!! ...3 GT models & lots of Razor-blades! Robert R & Dave McC ...expected later today! George & Mary rolled in yesteray afternoon as I was landing my check-out flight after morning maintenance & cleaning my gyro. At sunset Greg Tilllery (RAF) from Arkansas pulled in ... it's under way ......slower than usual with Gary G ...tragedy & Steve Mcgowan out of action ... 2 who "never-miss" a Mentone .... big absences!
Monday AM ...Mentone report! ...... today looks like a rain-day ...then great weather for rest of week! I'm working the office today. Veep out!

The weather is looking better after Tuesday, low 80's and no rain until Sunday, It will be hot on Monday

Two of my best former gyro students will be "flying in", hopefully Thursday evening (today). One in an MTO Sport and the other in a Magni M-16. They will be tired and dehydrated so take good care of them for me. It's over a 417 NM trip for them one way.

Update: Just got word they had some ADM to do. Storm too big in their way so they are returning home. Always a good choice.

Last edited:
Today was very comfortable with clouds and reasonable temps. Perfect for avoiding sunburn. There was lots of fun flying to watch late in the day, with a couple Sport Copters, a Dominator and Denis's black machine playing tag over the corn. Quantity is down this year, but quality is high!

Doug is getting ready for his Private Pilot, Rotorcraft-Gyroplane practical test in his Sport Copter II.

It is fun to be a part of his effort.

Finding out She was too tall for the hangar at Fulton County airport was not as much fun.

Hope to finish up Friday.

Attended Gary’s funeral this afternoon and it was well attended and moving.

Attachments

• IMG_1226.JPG
    IMG_1226.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1233.JPG
    IMG_1233.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1232.JPG
    IMG_1232.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
The Sport Copter website says she is ten feet tall.
The airport manager measured the hangar door at 10 feet 3 inches and it was about an inch too short.

Last edited:
If truly desperate, you can always let some air out of the tires to lose a little bit of height.

It's a bit late for a solution to the head clearance problem but...tipping the gyro back on its tail wheel provides additional clearance.

I made little wooden wheels to get an Air Command tandem frame in/out of a standard garage door with the cheek plates removed.

yes on Facebook PRA page

I just want to say thanks for all the great people that did show to Mentone This year!!