PPO Prevention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do I take it that you are not going to provide us with a list of your professional aircraft engineering qualifications and a few engineering analyses of stability, control, strength, performance, etc. of your Air Command deathtraps to support your statements?

I was sure that you welcome the opportunity to demolish with unimpeachable science-based arguments and data the published, peer-reviewed conclusions regarding your deathtraps made by all those stupid graduate aerospace engineering students and Ph.D.s at Glasgow University.

JP,

You won't get any of that asking mean, nice or otherwise.

I was not there at the time (Classic Commander HTLs were designed) but since he won't talk engineering, physics or science here (or on any of the Mini 500 threads that give him alot more $hT then we do) we can assume it was a looks upgrade to the Bensen with no slide ruler involved what so ever.

Sort of like a hot-rod kit for a 60's car. Just bolt on a bigger engine, prop, some looks improvement, scooch things around so they fit and "TA DA" salesmen 'engineered' new gyro design, "Built to Sell!"

If there was some engineering involved we would have heard it boasted about long long ago.

One thing positive though is that Air Command did sell a horizontal stab and he sold it to people that have really done a great job of cleaning up the Air Command safety record and even help clean up the old flawed designs sold under the previous engineer.

I find great stress in his attitude and great loss in that he even now could be such a great positive force for the gyroplane community but everything has been said or ignored enough that I don't think anything more will come of this thread except a BEWARE for sharp nebees.

Thom has the best post in the thread. Lets go fly. :plane:

Hey ACE, I don't see any credentials in your BIO.

Do you have any...ACE?!

Do you suspect he has been selling aircraft and calling himself an aerospace engineer?

Oh, an important point I failed to make in post #221.

I personally, from what I know, I don't fault Dennis for the design.

EVERYONE was building and flying them like that. Bensen's machine was the last one designed with any engineering that I can tell from that period.

The problem I have is not changing the "training is all problems, solves all problems" mantra and not accepting the science now that it is widely known and understood.

There are many positive things to be said about the Air Command marketing and I really really loved my AC447.

I am VERY greatfull, that Steve trained me in an unstable machine and relentlessly taught me how to avoid PPO and PPO and I am a better pilot today for it.

Yet these are no reasons not to learn or admit to what we now know about gyroplane stability and it's effect on the marketplace and the health of our sport.

Unstable gyroplanes should be treated like highly unstable airplanes. Those that fly them should be the best of the best and well experinced and with a temperment not to go outside of the envelope of the machine. Including extra training and if I had my way some kind of extra sign-off.

Last edited:
Or maybe a snake oil salesman with a Thesaurus at his side?!

No now Harry ;)

You don't want to start sounding like Chuck and I do you :boink: ?

Chuck,

I believe I understand the meaning/intent of your posts, but maybe, just maybe, you need to lighten up a bit with the demeaning remarks.

Hi Tim;

...you have the audacity to attack anyone with perfunctory remarks if they do not adhere to your conceived notions of what constitutes safe/unsafe flight or gyro design.

It's rather difficult to verbalize in this medium and I was reluctant to do so, but you have been coming across too zealously in some of your posts .....

:hippie:

JP,
I was not there at the time (Classic Commander HTLs were designed) but since he won't talk engineering, physics or science here (or on any of the Mini 500 threads that give him alot more $hT then we do) we can assume it was a looks upgrade to the Bensen with no slide ruler involved what so ever. Sort of like a hot-rod kit for a 60's car. Just bolt on a bigger engine, prop, some looks improvement, scooch things around so they fit and "TA DA" salesmen 'engineered' new gyro design, "Built to Sell!"

Well Tim, you're not worth it, but let me teach you somemore history.

The same year I first flew my Air Command design at one of the fly-ins where Dr. Bensen was at, that night we had a get-together for a banquet and a chance to hear Dr. Bensen talk to us all. (Now remember, the year before that I worked in the Bensen factory for many months developing the Rotax for the Bensen). At the banquet, Dr, Bensen was talking about the future of the Gyroplane industry, and how the copy-cats were just inbreeding the sport, saying this while looking at Ken Brock and some others.

After a really good chastising, Dr. Bensen looked over at me, and with a smile (I'll never forget as long as I live) said "Dennis Fetters does not copy people, he uses his own ideas and designs."

So now Tim, who the hell are you to say I copied the Bensen, when the designer and manufacturer stood in front of us all and said I didn't? That's right, you were not there, and I wonder if you are even here.

One thing positive though is that Air Command did sell a horizontal stab

They sure do, and it's my design! I built and sold that horizontal stabilizer, you fool!

and he sold it to people that have really done a great job of cleaning up the Air Command safety record and even help clean up the old flawed designs sold under the previous engineer.

What a stupid statement! I sold around 60 to every 1 aircraft they have sold. How can you compare any accident statistic to that, one for one. Besides, we have already discussed the Air Command accident statistics here, and they are comparable to todays. Running out of things to say so you need to repeat?

Do you suspect he has been selling aircraft and calling himself an aerospace engineer?

Tim, you spout off as if you know something, and the fact is that you know very little. Everyone knows what I have accomplished over the years. Show us what you have done? Put your money where your mouth is so we can see what the great Tim has over Dennis Fetters.

You know Tim, and some others too, you have to live with the things you say. You go to these fly-ins, and people know who you are, what you look like. The day may come when you have to face the people you try to damage here. The day may come, and you need to wonder, just how much did you piss off some people. Just remember, you may have to pay someone someday.

Well Tim, you're not worth it, but let me teach you somemore history.

The same year I first flew my Air Command design at one of the fly-ins where Dr. Bensen was at, that night we had a get-together for a banquet and a chance to hear Dr. Bensen talk to us all. (Now remember, the year before that I worked in the Bensen factory for many months developing the Rotax for the Bensen). At the banquet, Dr, Bensen was talking about the future of the Gyroplane industry, and how the copy-cats were just inbreeding the sport, saying this while looking at Ken Brock and some others.

After a really good chastising, Dr. Bensen looked over at me, and with a smile (I'll never forget as long as I live) said "Dennis Fetters does not copy people, he uses his own ideas and designs."

So now Tim, who the hell are you to say I copied the Bensen, when the designer and manufacturer stood in front of us all and said I didn't? That's right, you were not there, and I wonder if you are even here.

The intent of the paragraph was to show you did not aeronautically engineer the craft not what part of the craft was inspired by whom.

A wink from Bensen does not an engineer make.

They sure do, and it's my design! I built and sold that horizontal stabilizer, you fool!

Dennis, I should have split that into two paragraphs, I can see that what I wrote is unclear.

I ment to credit you/your AC for the HStab. I apologise for stating that unclearly.

What a stupid statement! I sold around 60 to every 1 aircraft they have sold. How can you compare any accident statistic to that, one for one. Besides, we have already discussed the Air Command accident statistics here, and they are comparable to todays. Running out of things to say so you need to repeat?

I was not talking about sales numbers. I was talking about engineering.

Just remember, you may have to pay someone someday.

With your history I would think you have alot more to worry about then I do when it comes to threats. If you wish to threaten me that would be very foolish given how little you know about me and you have already mis-stepped.

Hey Tim, here is just one of my latest contributions to aviation. 16 food rotor diameter, 300 lbs empty weight. Let's see some of yours.

I have never claimed to be an aerospace engineer or designer so why would expect to have to show such contributions?

You have been asked over and over again to list your engineering creditionals but so far I have seen none here nor on any of the other avation/mini500 forums you have posted on.

When the only statement that even comes close to an engineering proposal was put forth, Al showed you were incorrect and you have since made no reply to it nor made any other technical statements of any kind.

Make some posts without the bravado that speak to the physics of stability and that will impress me. Not your long sales and marketing history in rotorcraft.

THread Knappers!!

THread Knappers!!

I copied this question from a UK Forum. It was posted by a 'Paul Robinson'.

Has anyone thought of connecting a rev-limiter to a G-meter to reduce engine power if in negative G conditions to prevent 'power push over 'developing.

It seems like a good idea to me, what do you think?

Kind Regards 'Stram'

Um..I think the original question was put to bed....

This thread need to be locked down...or...how about by e-mails as I saw suggested?

Stan

Status
Not open for further replies.