Poll: Let's Ban Willisbr.

Brian, I second that!

And what did you mean by: "those fiendish Danes left behind all the pretty girls"

They left them at home - I'd guess, from what I've seen throughout my life, hehe.

Erik,

You got it. After 14 years in the UK, I imported my wife :whoo:, not from Denmark but the principle applies.

Stew, I just read the Vikings went "on tour" - because there were too few brides to be had.

So to get a better shot at being a groom, they had to get fame and fortune.

With too few girls to begin with, they certainly wouldn't risk bringing them.

Anyway, that's a theory.

Cheers
Erik

Hell Fire!!! Viking women warriors (Shieldmaiden's) went on Viking raids, so the sagas say.

Then the Vikings arrived and those fiendish Danes left behind all the pretty girls . . . AGAIN!

Erik,

You got it. After 14 years in the UK, I imported my wife :whoo:, not from Denmark but the principle applies.

One of those Danish girls escaped and came to Canada so she could be my mom :) :)

One of those English girls that I've been so disparaging of came to Canada to be my mum.

I could even admit there are a few 'English Roses' still wandering the streets of old Blighty, but then the history wouldn't be so entertaining so I'll stick wwith my original story.

Until my mum finds out.

Stew, that’s the best short history of Britain and explanation of Birdy’s affliction I’ve heard.

Stew, I just read the Vikings went "on tour" - because there were too few brides to be had.

So to get a better shot at being a groom, they had to get fame and fortune.

With too few girls to begin with, they certainly wouldn't risk bringing them.

Anyway, that's a theory.

Cheers
Erik

At one time the Vikings were a bunch of godless pagan rabble-rousers who went around raping and pillaging and plundering.

In 690 Danish King Harald Bluetooth converted to Christianity and so did all the people and they have been really nice guys ever since :)

They became Christian Evangelists and set out in their long boats to spread the gospel and even came to Newfoundland Canada around the year 1000

Many Canadian Indians had the concept of a Creator and Savior and we think it was oral tradition handed down from the Vikings way back then

Harald Bluetooth was so successful in uniting Denmark and Norway and introducing harmony among the people so when technology developers were able to unify computers and cellular phones they called it the Bluetooth communication protocol

I always thought you were merely trying to streamline English, Birdy, but as Stew explains it you’re a “Elizabethan biblical scholar in disguise.”

Makes sense.

(This is what happens on a night when I can’t sleep)

Sleep easy CB, its the inglish with the affliction, not me. :)

Biblical scholar???
I hope thats good, but it sounds scarey.

Let's not forget old King Gustavus Adolphus, who if he hadn't been killed in battle in the Thirty Years War might have united Europe and we'd all be speaking some Swedish, don't ya know.

Don't forget England's Harold II, the last Anglo-Saxon, and perhaps last Orthodox King, of England. When he met that 'nice' Christian Norman, and Franco-Viking, by the name of William, the meeting was going very well and may have resulted in fluffiness and light throughout Europe for centuries, but alas, he got something in his eye and he died during the surgery that followed.

Of course there is a rumour that it was an arrow and that William may have done part of the surgery with his sword.

Last edited:
Read the banns

Read the banns

Maybe we should all just read the banns and then all hold hands on the band wagon to ban the bans. (I like Ike!) But then we would have to form a committee and make banners declaring the banning of would-be banners, who would be banned to the barrens just north of Banff....

Sounds like deliberate obfuscation, but it's really all quite clear! Just a bunch of banner banter.:rant:

SllaCanuck,

All these fellers you keep talking about in your posts need to be banned. I mean Christian Norman....anybody with two first names needs a good banning. Ban the whole lot of em.

Poll: Lets ban bentbutunbroken!

Poll: Lets ban bentbutunbroken!

Maybe we should all just read the banns and then all hold hands on the band wagon to ban the bans. (I like Ike!) But then we would have to form a committee and make banners declaring the banning of would-be banners, who would be banned to the barrens just north of Banff....

Sounds like deliberate obfuscation, but it's really all quite clear! Just a bunch of banner banter.:rant:

For sayin the word 'Ban' too often in one sentence :lol::lol: