ToddP

Administrator
Staff member
Aircraft
Dominator Gyro / RV9
Total Flight Time
500 Hours
We're done with them.

This forum, off-topic or not is to share our common interest in rotorcraft aviation. We have a select group of people who are absolutely intent on finding our differences.

All political postings will be deleted from this point forward. If you continue to start threads based on politics, you will be banned from the forum.

If you want to discuss / fight about politics, there are only about 1,000 other forum / discussion boards available for you on the internet.

Todd

Darn! :D
There goes part of the fun . . .but still . . .we have lots to talk about!
Heron

I don't agree with stopping anything deemed political. Disagreement is a good thing.

There are those who can't disagree without going ballistic. Just ignore them.

Rotorcraft are really cool, but frankly there just isn't enough rotorcraft content to pass the time each and every day. Discussion about things other than rotorcraft brings things in that may ruffle feathers every now and then. But when handled properly by MOST of the people here it adds meat to the table.

At fly-ins, we don't discuss flying all the time. We discuss women, cars, politics etc. while making bodily sounds and chuckling about it. I for one don't consider this just a technical site. Its a community and I think limiting discussion hurts that and will take some of the content away. Its the technical stuff I search and discuss when I am in a project and need help or provide help a couple of times a week. Its the other discussions BOTH good and bad that keep me coming back 3-5 times a day to TALK to people I consider friends.

Todd, glad you shut it down, I could see it was going to get ugly.

thank you....thank you.

This is NOT a public forum....it is a PRIVATE FORUM about Gyro's.
The constant mudslinging has driven far too many away...and CERTAINLY turns their stomach's.

I FULLY SUPPORT THIS DECISION FOR THE BENEFIT OF ALL ON THE FORUM....!

It was just two days ago that a newbie told me that he almost doesnt ever want to log on because the pol rants are too vicious and irrelevant.

Perfect decision!

This is about and for gyros!

(Especially since now throug the mag we are reaching a broader audience and the timing is perfect and critical)

LOVE the magazine!!!!!!!

What a Hypocrite!

What a Hypocrite!

Todd, glad you shut it down, I could see it was going to get ugly.

What!!!!!
j bird, you are so transparent.
YOU opened that thread for the sole purpose of agitating, antagonizing and provoking dissention, discord and anger! You knew it was a strongly divided issue and deliberately tried to start a verbal riot while safely sheilded behind your keyboard and monitor. Oh, you thought you were so cute!
Now you come back trying to "hide the hand that threw the rock"! What a low-minded person you have proven yourself to be!:mad:
/

Humm, I still see some politics so maybe its April fools?????

What!!!!!
j bird, you are so transparent.
YOU opened that thread for the sole purpose of agitating, antagonizing and provoking dissention, discord and anger! You knew it was a strongly divided issue and deliberately tried to start a verbal riot while safely sheilded behind your keyboard and monitor. Oh, you thought you were so cute!
Now you come back trying to "hide the hand that threw the rock"! What a low-minded person you have proven yourself to be!:mad:
/

Isn't that sad?

What's worse is that people can't handle a little verbage on a public/private? forum

Deleting a thread because snifflers can't handle it? THATS WHATS WRONG......with everything.

Lets appease the weak....the strong should lay down??

Of course, I will follow the rules though....come to think of it, I never started a political thread...so I guess it doesnt apply to me. Participation is only natural....on a forum.

:p

Passin, what rock? I don't see no stinking rock!

Thanks, Todd. You done real good!!

Dr. Rob

Passin, what rock? I don't see no stinking rock!

Jay its a figure of speech Basically like the kid that threw the rock and broke the window on purpose and then came around when everyone else was trying to figure out who did it and acts in disbelieve that someone would do such a thing and carries on about how terrible it is even though the entire time the kid is the one who did it.

Thanks Todd !, There's enough discord over CLT and RAF's and stabs to need any more from politics. As you say, there are thousands of other boards for that.

Isn't that sad?

What's worse is that people can't handle a little verbage on a public/private? forum

Deleting a thread because snifflers can't handle it? THATS WHATS WRONG......with everything.

Lets appease the weak....the strong should lay down??

Of course, I will follow the rules though....come to think of it, I never started a political thread...so I guess it doesnt apply to me. Participation is only natural....on a forum.

:p

We aren't deleting political posts because of someone's tender feelings.
We're just tired of seeing it on this forum because it always turns nasty.