MikeBoyette

Gold Member
Aircraft
Dominator
Total Flight Time
200+
Re:polish or Not?

John,
No trade ins. I posted the price list earlier. You can save yourself shipping if you pick them up at BD. :)

GyroRon

Former Gyro know it all
Aircraft
Vans RV4 / Dominator 582 Ultrawhite
Total Flight Time
ALOT

John my scale is expensive and digital - and tells me my body fat percentage as well. 203 baby! It is okay to be upset, I will comfort you over a round of McDonalds double cheeseburgers at Roc....

Screw

Lubricating & Stimulating
Aircraft
Dominator 2 place/Cessnas & Pipers
Total Flight Time
300+

Mike,

I new the answer...I was trying to be cute.

Ron,

Your on! I'm a sucker for MD double cheeseburgers. How did you lose the wieght? Dr. Phill's new book?

John ;D

GyroRon

Former Gyro know it all
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
ALOT

I call it the "Working the weedwacker" diet plan. I am back to work, back to walking my Arse off all over peoples lawns with the weedwacker and blowers and fertilizer spreaders etc.... - I get to sit on my mower so I do get a break! -

Winter time is hard on my body with nothing much physical to do. Once I start working I can lose weight fast. I plan - yeah right you say.... - to stop smoking, and cut back on the portions of food I eat and maybe even exercise a little this summer. This beer belly I got is embarassing

Caribean_gyro

Platinum Member
Aircraft
twinstar
Total Flight Time
500+

thats the reason I got 180hp. my pasengers alway tell me I shouldlose weight to carry bigger people but I told them. Iam the owner you want to fly build one.

I am slowly working it out any way.

Question the rotro hawk blades that is mentioned in the thread. are they the new version or old version. I have flow the old one not the new one nor Ernie's blades. But I have 2 guys here that said they leike the new version (I think they are fleck) But thenm I have a guy with an aircomand and he likes the Dragonwind.

I just want to understand more the Naca Foil issues as explained by CB on a precios dicusion plus I am been ask for advice and want to give a honest opinion.
Chuck

GyroRon

Former Gyro know it all
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
ALOT

They were the older style Rotorhawks. They flew pretty good but not the smoothest in the world.

Screw

Aircraft
Total Flight Time
300+

I got my cooling problems solved. I may not need new DW, but I sure would like some anyway. I't amazing how cool you can run a motor with the nose down.

John-

Screw

Aircraft
Total Flight Time
300+
Well,

I bought a used set of 23 DWs from Docjon. Cant wait to flyem.

John-

MikeBoyette

Gold Member
Aircraft
Dominator
Total Flight Time
200+
John,
Good job I hope you enjoy them. 23' should work out great for you. Just remember to take it slow the first time you fly them they won't take air as fast as you Brock blades. I don't know what prerotator you have but get them above 150 rpm before you even taxi. They will start below that, but better save than sorry. Good Luck Fly Safe.

robertstodaro

Aircraft
618 dominator
Total Flight Time
DaScrew-Driver said:
I got my cooling problems solved. I may not need new DW, but I sure would like some anyway. I't amazing how cool you can run a motor with the nose down.

John-
How did you cool that thing?

Was it just trim?

Thanks rst

Screw

Aircraft
Total Flight Time
300+
That statement was premature. I'm still having cooling problems and I am currently working them out. The engine is getting way hot because I am way in the throotle to stay airborn. My tach only goes out to 3500 and it is pegged on takeoff. This if ok, but cruise should be around 3000-3100 rpm. If I'm less than 3400rpm I decending.

I have installed a larger oil cooler and changed blades to DW 23 footers. Hopeing the more efficient smaller blades won't work the engine so hard. I want to see how this works before I try AVgas. If Avgas in combination to what I have already done doesn't work, I have to send the motor back to the Great Plains and have them enlarge it to a 2130 or 2180cc.

John-