Plans For Twin Star"WANTED"

Getmobile

After plans for Twin Star, i would like to look into the V stabilizer and rudders, vertical stabilizers,even detailed photo's of the empennage would help.
Thanks The Tool

I tried for a while to get them, without success. Good luck.

Are you looking for the Farrington Twinstarr design?

Last edited:
Getmobile in some circles the old bonanza v tail was referred to as the widow maker for doctors.

Getmobile in some circles the old bonanza v tail was referred to as the widow maker for doctors.
You beat me to it. But I think for the speed of a gyro, it is fine. Then again, a V-tail usually does not have enough horizontal volumn. To achieve the same effectiveness, you need a much bigger V-tail.

To Okaneco1 ,yes the Farrington twinstar.
As to bonanza v tail design,like all designs positives and negatives.
The v tail didn't fail, it is all progression of design.
THANKS The Tool

My Twinstarr doesn't have a true v tail. See the attached photo

Attachments

• Twinstar.JPG
    Twinstar.JPG
    151.1 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
No plans, that I know. I do know where at least 5 Twinstarrs are located. There are 4 in our club

Last edited:
In the promotional material Don Farrington gave me, he described it as a "Twinstarr" , with a double r, like the double r in Farrington and like the double seats it featured. I don't know if he eventually dropped that usage or if everybody in recent times has simply been correcting what they thought likely to be a typo.

As the picture above indicated, the "horizontal" tail surfaces were canted upwards, but there were substantial vertical surfaces as well, so it is not comparable to a Bonanza with mixed elevator and rudder functions (indeed, no elevator function at all). That's not to say that v-tails are a bad idea for fixed wing aircraft. The Bonanza worked fine within its flight envelope, and there have been others like this Fouga that handled severe flight loads with aplomb:
Belgium_Fouga_Magister.jpg

In the Operations and Limitation manual, it is spelled with double (R)

No plans, that I know. I do know where at least 5 Twinstarrs are located. There are 4 in our club

To Okaneco ,thank you again for following up on the "twinstarr" if you find anyone with plans i would be interested, if anyone has any photos of the rudder, tail v section in detail preferably, under construction would be better so i can view the structural design.
Thanks The Tool

To Jeff, yes i had seen the site,but after better photos,detail.
Thanks for responding Jeff.
Thanks The Tool

following
o.png

Thanks for that FIRST PILOT, am looking at the v tail not only for design but overall effects it has on a aircraft, so very helpful.
Thanks The Tool