Pilot jobs after absence

Puddy310

Good afternoon everyone,

So I am a 3000 hour commercial pilot with 2500 turbine hours. I flew ems, gulf, and was an instructor for 2.5 years.

I stopped flying 10 years ago to start a company (not aviation related) and am looking to get back into flying. Just curious what everyone thought of the possibility of getting rehired?

I know I will need to redo my instrument rating completely which I’m thinking will be 15-20 hours.

Thanks for the input.

Mayfield

Gold Supporter
Rotary wing or fixed wing?
If you have your unrestricted ATP, AMEL, you could probably be picked up by a regional sometime tomorrow afternoon.
On the rotary wing front, Air Methods, Carson, Gulf, etc are almost always hiring.

Last edited:

Puddy310

Rotary wing or fixed wing?
If you have your unrestricted ATP, AMEL, you could probably be picked up by a regional sometime tomorrow afternoon.
On the rotary wing front, Air Methods, Carson, Gulf, etc are almost always hiring.
Rotary wing. Never did get the ATP or AMEL.

Kevin_Richey

Yamaha power
Staff member
Aircraft
Dream-like
Does Inverness as your location mean Scotland?
Are there more opportunities for flying helicopters w/ companies based out of country than in?

Tyger

Aircraft
Magni M16
Total Flight Time
Aside from Scotland (and Florida), there is an Inverness in Montana, Mississippi, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Colorado, California, and two in Alabama. Not to mention Nova Scotia (of course), Québec, and a couple in other countries.
😊