Pictures I took at Mentone

GyroRon

Former Gyro know it all
Aircraft
Vans RV4 / Dominator 582 Ultrawhite
Total Flight Time
ALOT
As if there wasn't enough pictures posted already, I thought I would add some I took. This one was on my camera taken 2 days before I left for Mentone, trying to get some air on my jet ski

DSC01739.jpg

Nature Boy Matt Mr Grey

DSC01755.jpg

Matt and a rotor blade

DSC01756.jpg

Don't I look tired already?

DSC01752.jpg

Rusty Nance stopped by Camp GyroRon to chat about how life has been treating him lately, Scott Biser daydreaming in the background about how to do a real death spiral

DSC01759.jpg

Cool logo on a seat of a gyro in the museum

DSC01764.jpg

Some people checking out stuff in the museum

DSC01765.jpg

Interesting thing in the museum, twin rotor helicopter powered with a mac engine!

DSC01763.jpg

Info on the above helicopter

DSC01766.jpg

Wayne Hubbs didn't bring his full size gyro but he did bring a model of it

DSC01768.jpg

Here is the dude flying it

DSC01769.jpg

He also made a model of Tom Milton flying a Bensen

DSC01770.jpg

Interesting way to get your gyro to the fly-in. I only saw it there for a few hours on one day then it disappeared...

DSC01771.jpg

I stole my wifes 500$ cheap chinese four wheeler to get around on, Tim Chick has a very simular one. Worked great!

DSC01772.jpg

I got to fly this Aircommand. It was a very treat to fly, much better handling than other aircommands I have flown, possibly due to the different H stab

DSC01773.jpg

Russ Kings Dominator sitting alongside a Ultrawhite Ernie brought up there to sell

DSC01774.jpg

Ernie being Ernie

DSC01775.jpg

PRA home office

DSC01776.jpg

PRA airport entrance sign

DSC01785.jpg

PRA magazine editor Rick Gilley

DSC01784.jpg

PRA's office team hard at work

DSC01780.jpg

Rustys Daughter catching up with her My Space page

DSC01778.jpg

Fly-in sign up table and my sweetie who baked me a birthday cake!

DSC01777.jpg

DSC01779.jpg

Look at this hottie, Not sure how old this picture is but she is still pretty hot if you ask me!

DSC01782.jpg

Look I found a picture of Steve before he got all old grey haired and grumpy

DSC01783.jpg

Bunch of Magnis and Steve Osborns RAF

DSC01786.jpg

DSC01787.jpg

Airboss Station

DSC01788.jpg

Matt, Nick, and Scott, all good guys and lots of fun to hang out with.

DSC01790.jpg

Scott Bizsers Hotrod Dominator

DSC01791.jpg

Matt and I set out to fly higher than the clouds. Scott followed us up but chickened out at around 6000 feet. I made it to over 8000 and then came down lower to level off where matt was. It was COLD up there!

DSC01792.jpg

Check the bottom right number on the EIS display, that is my altitude above ground ( set for Zero on the runway at Mentone )

DSC01793.jpg

Here is Matt

DSC01794.jpg

Steve Osborn coming in for a landing

DSC01797.jpg

DSC01798.jpg

I only know the two in the black shirts and the one on the far right Stan Foster and Wayne Hubbs in black and Animal in white

DSC01802.jpg

After hours bash at Camp GyroRon ( notice all the empties beside Matts chair! )

DSC01800.jpg

Russ King, Matt, and Scott at Breakfast

DSC01805.jpg

Aerial shot of Mentone

DSC01807.jpg

Twin Stars coming in

DSC01808.jpg

DSC01809.jpg

Look at this ugly mother F'er! Barry Kroplien came by, for about 3 hours.... bum! Next time can you at least stay for a whole day?

DSC01812.jpg

Bensen power!

DSC01810.jpg

Coming in slow!

DSC01814.jpg

Dam that is a sweet gyro!

DSC01815.jpg

Last one for now, have more I need to download off the camera

DSC01734.jpg

Hey looks like the butt of a joke to me in there somewhere?
That was great, Ron! I know these guys and gals!!!
I wasted too much time driving and staying at the motel. Next year I'm camping. Looks like I missed way to much of the fun this year after dark party.

I Loved the water shots too. Way to enjoy life with the family!!!!
Talk about kindred spirits!!!

I love following a wave waiting for it to break then spinning her 180 in the foam and at max speed driving up the face of a 6 foot about to break wave and shooting straight up it's face and flying (12 to 16 feet counting the troth behind the wave) and hanging there ….. coming down straight like a broom stick handle thrown into a pool using the water as a shock absorber (as long as you are perpendicular) and popping back up and racing to get out of the way of the next wave about to break over you and slam you down to the bottom of the sea and bouncing your poor toy somersaulting it all the way into the beach head over heals and into pieces. It's happens. Life is fun if you just do it!

PS:
Look at Ron's short takeoff distances.
I also just noticed the white prop, so that's not Saturday.

Last edited:
great pics Ron, looks like Matt was thirsty after all the flying, or... he could have been trying to wash down a bug from all the high flying in the clouds.... lol
great pics. you both are very good with the doms.....

that is amazing how wet shorts and gravity work togeather to create a crack.....lol

Hey why is Matt stealing that blade? And why would you post the proof?

What a rouges gallery, but a really fun group of people?

Great photos! I thought that Wauchula is the HQ of the PRA, what role does Mentone play in it?

Kai.

Mentone is the head of the PRA. Wauchula is home to one of the PRA's Chapters, and that chapters annual fly-in " Bensen Days "

Great photos!

I caught a chill just looking at the high altitude shots!!!

Ok, but wasn't there a discussion of the PRA having purchased the Wauchula airport? Or was it just the local chapter? Sorry, not really belonging here.

Kai.

EEEKK! Crack kills! I am blind.

man you know not to post those over the cloud pics, it gives birdy a nose bleed.