Phenix Update??

Hi Thinus,

Thank you very much for your interest.

Although we may seem quiet, the truth is that we are working hard on the project. I apologise for not updating our webpage but we are concentrated on taking the right decisions and steps to advance properly, which keep us from attending some of our obligations.

Many things are happening at the same time and sometimes it requires a big effort on our side to adapt to each particular situation. However we are happy with the results so far and looking ahead with hope.

Regarding the aircraft, we have learnt many interesting lessons from the Phenix and it´s tractor configuration with a positive extreme difference in comparison to common pushers. Handling is insultingly easy, safe and simple. Stability is impressive and performance is greatly enhanced.

We hope to send out a Phenix unit to South Africa during the first quarter of 2013 where we plan to begin certification whenever possible.

In the meantime we are also preparing certification in Europe. You wouldn´t believe the tremendous amount of work this implies but each day that goes by is one less to reach the goal and this certainly keeps us pushing.

We already have defined three different level models to offer, with full glass MGL Avionics equipment. We also will include a law enforcement aircraft with a variety of optional equipment to cover multitask operations.

From time to time, we are receiving customer visits in Spain, offering them flights in our current display aircraft and slowly but steadily beginning to establish our dealer network.

I will be very pleased to send you a provisional spec list to you privately, if you wish.

Apart from that, I will gladly answer any further info request.

Happy Christmas and New Year to all!

Best regards,
Carlos

Regarding the aircraft, we have learnt many interesting lessons from the Phenix and it´s tractor configuration with a positive extreme difference in comparison to common pushers. Handling is insultingly easy, safe and simple. Stability is impressive and performance is greatly enhanced. Best regards,
Carlos
The inherent configuration of a tractor gyro very nearly forces its designer to make the correct choice: propeller thrust line through the CG.

We hope to send out a Phenix unit to South Africa during the first quarter of 2013 where we plan to begin certification whenever possible.

Hi Carlos

Thats good news. I know Anton and I'll contact him once the Phenix has landed.

I'll appreciate it if you can send me specs. My email address is [email protected]. The main thing I'm interested in is the endurance. What can we expect? I'm looking for a +- 5 hour endurance. South Africa is BIG! :)

Regards

More info

More info

Good day guys,

Carlos, let me jump in too...

Yes we did say Law Enforcement version. The Phenix LEO will preliminarily be based on the Phenix Luxe, our top of the range model. Of course there will be various items, equipment and options not available on the three GA models.

This would include specialized Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) equipment with very unique capabilities. Bad guys can run, but they will only get caught tired! We are also researching a Kevlar Protection Package where we imbed Kevlar into the carbon fiber fuselage, thus offering Law Enforcement personnel added protection from idiots with guns.

As for the performance question, we are working with an engine manufacturer on three different models of power-plant for the GA models and we are cautiously optimistic to see endurance numbers of well over 4 hours. Maybe even 5...

Also, did somebody say 'turbine'?

THI, I'll forward you some info from my side too.

Check out our Facebook page, we are posting pictures from the Industrial Design project we had run. Awesome stuff. You might actually see some of these unique ideas show up in the next aircraft...AND we are working on a new website, for Phenix USA and The Adaptive Flight Foundation. Please check out the links in my signature below.

Last edited:
Thanks Scott, I don't get to it every day, but I try to keep in interesting for the rotorheads out there.

New pics of our design competition are posted almost daily on the Facebook page, go check it out!