PB4 Rotor balancing and tracking course with Mike G near Bensen Days

Abid

AR-1 gyro manufacturer
Aircraft
AR-1
Total Flight Time
4000+ 560 gyroplanes. Sport CFI Gyro and Trikes. Pilot Airplane
I have been talking to Mike Goodrich about doing a 2 day in-depth rotor balancing course close to Bensen Days 2018. First day covering introduction to concepts and use of the PB4 and second day with hands on balancing and tracking as well as propeller balancing.
As most of you know Mike. has done a lot of gyroplane rotor balancing using PB-4 and holds an engineering degree. He has gathered a lot of data on different rotors from his experience.

I for one am always willing and wanting to learn.

We have just acquired a PB4 and I found its basic functions extremely simple to setup and use. Simpler than I imagined actually and its many thousands less than comparable functionality of other balancers. PB4 with 2 accelerometers cost about $1700 delivered.
I have gotten 2 dual axis accelerometers with it and I got a dedicated cheap Android tablet for PB4 for display purposes that simply uses a Chrome browser to display PB4 data.

We are looking to see if this balancing course is of interest to some people. Looking for about 5 people so we can keep the group small to get full attention. Thinking we can hold it at Zephyrhills Aero Center. It has a classroom, kitchen, pilot's lounge etc. Price for the course would be $500.00

Dates yet to be decided but either right before Bensen days (http://www.bensendays.us.com/) or right after Sun N Fun (https://www.flysnf.org/sun-n-fun-intl-fly-expo/). Mike G. would then be available at Bensen days in our booth for one hour sessions for people wanting balancing help on their gyroplanes and possibly also our guest at Sun N Fun and it would be my pleasure to host him.

If interested please e-mail [email protected]

Last edited:
Mike trained the employes at Gyro-Tech on the PB-4 and it shows, he did a good job as the rotors
I got from them are perfectly balanced.

Last edited:
fara, this looks like a great opportunity. Thanks for hosting it!
You may want to consider something like 10 students at $250@ which could make the price difference for some potential attendees.

_________
I got from them are perfectly balanced.

Yes, eddie, . . . balanced within their own teeter towers vs. your RAF's original (and untrue) towers.
That made true tracking possible, as several here explained to you when you were erroneously complaining about your SC rotors.

Regards, Kolibri