Passion for flying

StanFoster

Aircraft
Helicycle N360SF
Total Flight Time
Many here have a passion for flying and their posts show it. Many aren't as charged up. I never have taken flying lightly. I mean , stop and think about how just over a hundred years has passed that man has left the bonds of tens of thousands of years being stuck as a surface dweller. Much less than our short 100 year escape from the surface are the years we rotorheads have done so with gyroplanes and helicopters. On top of that, some here actually design and build these ingenious machines, and some of us just build them. But my passion has continued to steadily increase since I started flying gyros in 1985. The passion found me doing side jobs and whatever it took to experience these rotorcraft on an ever escalating level. I can honestly say I do not wish for any higher level of excitement that my 25 year adventure with rotorcraft has me at now. I feel I have reached sensory overload, it is still that exciting. I just wish that some of my passion and others here put a catalyst in a few bellies here. This is such a unique opportunity to experience flight in a machine you have built with your own hands. I can't for the life of me see how that can get boring. I know just enough to know that I have a lot to learn , and that in itself keeps me excited. My wife can testify that I almost always read in a helicopter book sometime each evening. Someday I won't physically be able to fly, but I am building a lot of interesting memories to sit and ponder while in my rocking chair days. .........................................The time is now to seize for experiencing rotorcraft! Stan

dito!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Friend Stan

My Friend Stan

Thank you for sharing you passion with us Stan.

Your ability to articulate and comunicate what many of us feel benefits us all.

Thank you my Friend, Vance

We All have our passions. Flying is the one for us. I hope to fly more and post less. Thanks Stan for reminding me of my passion. LOL

My wife can testify that I almost always read in a helicopter book sometime each evening
That is an important topic in itselfe. I read books on flight theory fairly often so my question: How do you keep a wife from knocking those books over you head...;-)

I think rotorcraft folks may be an especially passionate lot, because nobody buys a gyro or helicopter to get from Point A to Point B. They're designed for lingering at low speeds and low altitudes with great visibility.

Many airplane drivers seem to wind up thinking like minivan drivers.

to fly a gyroplane is something to build and fly your own gyroplane is everything! stan did you play with legos as a kid like me lol?:rolleyes:

I can't for the life of me see how that can get boring. I know just enough to know that I have a lot to learn , and that in itself keeps me excited. ...

Ditto

Thanks once again for all you share.

Mark

Yaw Mon!!!

I love to fly, I love to travel, and I love to learn!!!

Flying = everything I love!

Stan

You are Thoreau of the rotary world

It was he who wrote

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. "

Subsitute "hanger" for "woods" and you have the juice that drives this special little group of humans.

many here have a passion for flying and their posts show it. Many aren't as charged up. I never have taken flying lightly. I mean , stop and think about how just over a hundred years has passed that man has left the bonds of tens of thousands of years being stuck as a surface dweller. Much less than our short 100 year escape from the surface are the years we rotorheads have done so with gyroplanes and helicopters. On top of that, some here actually design and build these ingenious machines, and some of us just build them. But my passion has continued to steadily increase since i started flying gyros in 1985. The passion found me doing side jobs and whatever it took to experience these rotorcraft on an ever escalating level. I can honestly say i do not wish for any higher level of excitement that my 25 year adventure with rotorcraft has me at now. I feel i have reached sensory overload, it is still that exciting. I just wish that some of my passion and others here put a catalyst in a few bellies here. This is such a unique opportunity to experience flight in a machine you have built with your own hands. I can't for the life of me see how that can get boring. I know just enough to know that i have a lot to learn , and that in itself keeps me excited. My wife can testify that i almost always read in a helicopter book sometime each evening. Someday i won't physically be able to fly, but i am building a lot of interesting memories to sit and ponder while in my rocking chair days. .........................................the time is now to seize for experiencing rotorcraft! Stan

........ Ditto!