Parsons 2 place plans

vtb

Hi All
I need a set or copy of PArsons 2 seat plans. i have a 95% rebuilt Parsons 2 seat and need to check some dimensions. Anyboday have a set they are willing to sell.

I have received a set of the newer plans (kindly sent free and very quickly) with the two masts further apart. However, the PArsons I am working on is the original design with the masts closer together, so the quest for plans continues.

Thanks for your help

Best regards

Viv

Last edited:
Parsons 2 Place

Attachments

• Parsons Tandem Plans.pdf
    3.1 MB · Views: 27
Hi Viv

That's an interesting project - not many in the UK - could it be one of these two or maybe another ?

G-BUWH / G-IIXX

When do you hope to get it up and flying ?

Regards

Hi Steve in the UK

Hi Steve in the UK

Hi Steve

The Parsons is G-BTFE

It's almost complete, just some issues with the sticks and hand hang check to sort out.

Best regards

Viv

VIV during training I flew 2 Parsons, 1 with the tail of bent al. as shown in the plans and 1 with a large hor. stab. made from figlass and an aerofoil shape. The difference was remarkable, the standard one was very difficult to keep out of oscillation, the modified one could be flown by any lower order primate...yeh yeh I know, it was...
so if you intend building one I would suggest a modified tail.
just my experience in Parsons,
cheers, bruce

I've always thought the Parsons 2 place would make a great trainer for those planning on flying open non Dominator type machines. The use of a Viking engine would probably be perfect for this design.

I believe

I believe

That's the reason it's called a PARSON TRAINER.. As to learn how to fly and Not Occilate with the basic tail..
Then it becomes easy with all the other models..
JUST SAYIN

That's the reason it's called a PARSON TRAINER.. As to learn how to fly and Not Occilate with the basic tail..
Then it becomes easy with all the other models..
JUST SAYIN
I've trained in four. Rusty Nance's Air Commands (both iterations) Steve's Parsons, and Maxie Wildes Air Command. I did not notice a tendency of any of them to oscillate.

However...... Bill Bigge gave me the controls of his RAF 2000 and it scared the hell out of me!!! I could not get it to stop!!!!
I have not tried one (RAF)with a horizontal.

Post 1 states the newer plans have the masts further apart , anyone know why ?

Any other major changes in the newer plans ?

Are the newer plans available to download ?