Palos Verdes Trip

Looks like a lot of good ridge soaring along that coast, it must be popular for hang gliding.
Really no good places to launch... Lots of local restrictions... and a bit of nativism, keep non-locals away.

Another wonderful video Peter. If more people move to SoCal because of your videos, we know whom to blame! LOL

Wolfy, Peter is correct. Vast majority of the property in PV is privately owned. Sometime in the late 60s or early 70s, some hang gliders tried to fly in the area but that didn't last.

BTW Peter, come to the EAA Chapter 40's Hanger on Saturday 21 August . We're having our annual BBQ. Starts at noon. Display your gyro.

Wayne

I do enjoy your videos.
My friend Wayne is correct about people wanting to move to CA seeing its beauty in your videos.

It has it all. The year-round Weather, Ocean, Mountains, Deserts, a foreign country with few taxes, and Fiestas.

In reality, for the 1st time in CA's history, -800K middle-class families a year are moving out of CA.
Always looking for the silver lining = Means fewer people on the beach and for those investigating to move here. Once they see the prices of housing is 5 to 10 times more as is CA's cost of living.

Only the rich and those on welfare can afford to live in CA. If they are rich it means they can afford a modern gyroplane and instruction = means more rotorheads.
John, not 800,000, 05/21 state officials announced in 2020 182,00 left the state, your stating facts incorrectly. Have to keep you honest!!!!!!!!!!!

That was a great ride Peter Thank you.

I really loved going to LA , my younger son who works for Delta was based in LA for a couple of years and lived in El Segundo by the airport. I had friends out in Palos Verdes who lived in Arrowroot lane near Smugglers Cove. Played golf with him on the course looking out over the sea.

I flew out of Zamperini and took my wife over to Catalina Island in a 172 and sampled their unique approach uphill. Had my first trial flight in a Robinson from there.

When my eldest son was doing his Airline Transport Pilots Licence in the UK I brought him over to do some IFR training and we flew out of Burbank. Years earlier flying in Executive I visited Long Beach in our BAC 111 when our first 727 was being outfitted there..

So many happy memories. It is a very beautiful place.

Hello Peter, yes at KWHP. Meeting starts around 0930 inside the CAP building, BBQ at the hanger.

See you there!

Wayne
I saw the crowd, but had places to go... Next time... Thank you for the invite.

Hello Peter,

You're welcome for the invite and always welcome to visit and join anytime.

When I arrived on the airfield, I did look down your side of hanger row Foxtrot to see if you were present. While I was inside the EAA hanger, one of our members said they could see you taxing to the runway. By the time I was able to get outside, you were too far away to get your attention.

BTW, every 4th Saturday of every month is our EAA Chapter 40 Young Eagles flights. Would you be interested in giving Young Eagle Flights in your gyroplane?

Let me know.

Thank

Wayne

BTW, every 4th Saturday of every month is our EAA Chapter 40 Young Eagles flights. Would you be interested in giving Young Eagle Flights in your gyroplane?

Let me know.
I will have to see what this entails. I love introducing other people to gyroplanes, just have to do it in a "controlled" way... :)