Our Adventures on the Wauchula Loop!

Good Morning Everyone!
We had a Grand time at Bensen Days! I have well over 2000 Pictures but guess what? I have Wireless Internet so I have been downloading pictures like a mad picture taking fool!

Just to let everyone know I will be giving "certain People there very own Slide show!
I will Title them all and will post them in this thread there are some really great photos.

It will take a while to sort through but I will get them all to you. There are some really incredible pictures showing off the talents of our amazing Autogiro Pilots!

Here's a taste of things going on at the Fly-In...also see the story below the picture!
Mr. Stan (Stan the Man) Foster

3457818500_2472f57689_b.jpg

Stan is telling such a frightening tale he's making this Poor Man SUCK his thumb...This is the story I heard him telling ....and then the Big 20' Alligator Jumped up Out of the Pond and attacked the poor unsuspecting Autogiro Pilot who had to do an emergency landing near the critters hideaway and Bit the pilot into two bloody pieces!!

Stan that's just like the big fish story Shame on you the Alligator was only 8' Long! LOL

Last edited:
Vance's Flight With GyroRon!

Vance's Flight With GyroRon!

As promised here is some photos and the rest are on a link Slideshow
There will be more to come here is what you can look forward to:
Ed's Flight with Gyro Ron
Power Parachutes
Ron chasing a bird or the Bird chasing Ron??
Autogiros on Display
Egg Drop
Banquet
People and Plant life
Bensen Days Characters
Vance practising his Princess Wave

3460164073_024d500c29.jpg

Yes they really are at that angle...no photo trick shooting! Crazy Boyz... ;-O
3461240852_b9e5c1cce3.jpg

Here is the Slideshow Link:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/94595406@N00/sets/72157617109636332/show
Thanks for checking us out...Enjoy! Ed

Ed where they doing the Death Spiral?

thanks for all the pics you have posted, for us that did not get to make it,it is nice to see all the fun we missed,but also great to see Friends on here having a great time flying.

Animal,
we are glad you are enjoying the photos. Sure wish you could have been there!
The was a stabilized approach to a simulated engine out landing.

We enjoyed our visit at Bensen Days and met so many wonderful people from all over the world. It was nice to finally put faces to name. That's why I really love it when people fill out their profile and add pictures of themselves along with a little background history about themselves. I always check Profiles makes you feel like you really getting to know the person better.

I will be posting more picks. This downloading business takes a while...high speed my foot!

The Next one to look for is Called Smokin' in the Boyz Room!
Cheers! SgurlEd

Great photos! I LOVE the perspective shots esp.

You have a great eye.

Tim,
That's is quite a complement coming from you...your pictures are amazing. I enjoy all of your pictures you always seem to be able to place yourself in the right place at the right time...I wish I had that skill!

You have helped me a great deal I feel kinda like you are my mentor...Thanks a bunch!

I wish I had more flying time with Ron, but he was rather popular at the event and his Dance Card was pretty Full!
Once I got down his flying technique I think my pictures would have been much better, but oh well any here's the slide show of Ron and I flying...he had music playing...

Did you ever seem to have one of those days
When everyone seemed to be on your case
From your teacher all the waydown to your best girlfriend
Well, that used to happen to me all the time
But I found a way to get out of it

Sittin in the classroom thinkin its a drag
Listening to the teacher rap--just aint my bag
When two bells ring you know its my cue
Gonna meet the boys on floor number 2

Smokin in the boys room
Smokin in the boys room
Teacher dont you fill me up with your rules
Everybody knows that smokin aint allowed in school

Checkin out the halls makin sure the coast is clear
Lookin in the stalls--nah, there aint nobody here
My buddies sixx, mick & tom
To get caught would surely be the death of us all

Smokin in the boys room
Smokin in the boys room

Put me to work in the school bookstore
Check-out counter, and I got bored
Teacher was lookin for me all around
Two hours later you know where I was found

Smokin in the boys room
Smokin in the boys room

Smokin in the boys room
Smokin in the boys room
Smokin in the boys room
Smokin in the boys room

One more time

Smokin in the boys room
Smokin in the boys room
Teacher I aint foolin around with your rules
Thanks So much Ron for the experience it was a BLAST!!

Ya gotta ask yourself..."How close were they Really?"

3460580045_9e68e363c8.jpg

Getting Sideways with Ron
3461532098_d129255b07.jpg

As promised here is Smokin'in the Boyz Room:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/94595406@N00/sets/72157617107540300/show

Last edited:
Yes, nothing like a little hard rock over the intercom system when down low buzzing around the Florida wildlife!

Thanks for the flight Ron, You have a real nice gyro, a real performer, but I have to say that the music topped it off. A whole nother dimension that I had never experienced before. I gota get that going on.

It really was the best time!!!
Thanks to all of you!

Well done. I love the dew on the yellow flower and the moths!

Though I have an (unused) degree in biology I don't know much about flowers. The yellow flower looks a great deal like a mini version of a plant I like here in southern Ohio called the Night Blooming Primrose.

I wanted to get a photo of the cool buzzards they have down there. They have a set of feathers on their heads that make them look extra spooky.

Tim as always thanks so much for your input! My Sister is the "Green Thumb" in my family so I don't know much about plants either but I do love to look at them and take pictures of them.

Vance and I attended a seminar today and I decided to take Photo Notes because I felt this information is valuable for everyone. The seminar is Titled:
Flight Test Your Homebuilt By Joe Norris from EAA.

This is the Slideshow of the information I got.
Sharing with others here on the forum I think is key to us all getting better and getting our projects off the ground! ;-)

I will be posting more photos this evening from Bensens Days...
Chow for Now! Ed

http://www.flickr.com/photos/94595406@N00/sets/72157617144681033/show
3469763054_5a1debbe5f.jpg

Last edited:
Stan, Stan the Omelet Man!!

Stan, Stan the Omelet Man!!

Bensen Days was fun for all, but some gave all like this man...Stan Foster!
Stan did everything imaginable to draw attention to where the egg toss Target was Located. He even did the BOOTIE Dance...yup he sure did wish I actually had video of that....LOL

Stan your a great guy with a lot of heart and you made Besen days very "Special" I won't forget it EVER! You are indeed the MAN!
Cheers! Sgurl aka Ed
Slideshow of Egg Drop!
By the way that is Gyro Ron riding off on that Motorcycle with a shirt full of Eggs...guess what he's got planned for Stan...LOL

http://www.flickr.com/photos/94595406@N00/sets/72157617179091593/show

3461945854_dca94e0e3b_b.jpg

Edna- Eggcellent shots.......and an eggstrordinary number of them.

Is there anyone out there that can hit me? :)

Stan

Great photos, Thanks Ed!

Great photos, Thanks Ed!

The camera is nice, but the operator is the real artist. Ed, have you worn that camera out yet?
Thanks for all the pics, it is a lot of work, and we all appreciate it.
When you get them sorted out, could you send me a link to any from the forest? I have very few photos of the place.
It was great meeting you, and getting to spend some time with you and Vance.
Have fun on the rest of your journey.

my camera...

my camera...

Thats one hell of a good camera! What size memory card is in it?

Ron,
My photos were taken with Taken with a Cannon EOS DigitalRebel XSi and Vance bought me an 8GB memeory card so I can take up to 2000 photos before I need to make space. I just love it we got it from Costco and the camera came with 2 lens battery tv cable connection computer connetion and the software to edit it. You didn't think anyone caught you with all those eggs huh?

I love all the detail the camera picks up as you can see from the photos I took you don't have to be that close to get a really good picture!

Hope that answers you questions there are some great photos of your very KOOL aircraft you should get them blown up and make some prints.
Cheers! SgurEd