And...their Off!!

There is other Stuff Flying here too!

SgurlEd

Aircraft
Mark Given Creation Called "The Predator"
Total Flight Time
Ask Vance's log book
This is Steve McGowan & Vance Flying:
This is Steve, Vance & Debbie. Boy Steve's lucky to have her, this Gal Hustles!!

SgurlEd

Aircraft
Total Flight Time
Ask Vance's log book
Look Who Made IT!!

Look Who Made IT!!

Yup!
GyroRon!!
Here he is gettin the wind in his face!
Also thought the Wife might like to know he made it here safe & sound!
Cheers! SgurlEd

SgurlEd

Aircraft
Total Flight Time
Ask Vance's log book
Please post pictures of Debbie and Edna.

Jim

Uh...Debbie she's the one working I'm just pickin up trash...LOL. I'm lurking in the shadows...I'm too new here and the Odd gurl out!
Nice to hear from you Jim!!
Cheers! Ed
:usa:

SgurlEd

Aircraft
Total Flight Time
Ask Vance's log book
Great Pics Ed, thanks for posting them.

Animal Your Welcome as always! Here's more Gyro Ron and Dave

Also a Gal I think Flyin a Zenon

Cheers! Sgurl

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrs, RAF 2000/Mgni/Bnsn/Hrnet/Mrlin/Crckt/MT-03/Lyzlle AV18-A/Prdtor. Pax ArrowCopter
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
Nice pics as always Edna for those who are not there...yet. Thank you very much.

SgurlEd

Aircraft
Total Flight Time
Ask Vance's log book
Leigh,
Your Welcome...looking forward to meeting you! Here's some more of Ernies Very Kool Guy Dominator!
See Ya Soon... SgurlEd

chuter

Platinum Member
Aircraft
original design tractor gyro
I wonder if the slanted keel instead of a drop keel on Ernie's machine was to accomodate the cabin, or if he's thinking of going that way on future Dominators.

Maybe it would help with the duckwalk......?

Sure looks nice with the enclosure.

SgurlEd

Aircraft
Total Flight Time
Ask Vance's log book
Here ya'll go...fresh out of the camera! --> 2 pages

Here ya'll go...fresh out of the camera! --> 2 pages

Good afternoon Everyone!
There was quite a bit of Flying this Morning. We also had the arrival of a bunch of our Rotary Wing members! Vance and I met them this morning for breakfast!
Here's the List:
Stan Foster
John aka All In
Dave
There are a few pictures from last night the rest are from today! We are all now sitting all discussing Politics and Autogiros...what a combination!
Here's the pics
Until Later....Cheers! SgurlEd

This is last Nights Sunset

Last of the Nights Flying...Yikes!

Practicing the Princess Wave!

Dave & Mike here on Official Business...not really but they look so serious!

Debbie & Steve

The Great Minds Meet ~ Russ, Vance, Ernie & Dave

Uh....it's the next morning and the GREAT MINDS are still Meeting??

This is the real reason why Wives are not getting phone calls from their
husbands at the Sun State Fly-In!

This is Joes Gal Laura she has to fly before the Autogiros.

Last edited:

SgurlEd

Aircraft
Total Flight Time
Ask Vance's log book
Here's some more page 2:
Here she is just taking off!

Dave, John, Vance and ?? (sorry can't remember your name! ;-O Opps!!)

Jake

John aka All In

Stan & Gary

The Favorite Mode of getting around the Airport this is Dave!

Jake displaying his Many Talents

The Sign Says It All!

A Sparrowhawk...and so a new day begins!

Lottsa Low Flyin!

Last edited:

SgurlEd

Aircraft
Total Flight Time
Ask Vance's log book
This is the rest of them page 3:

I wonder what TJ May is letting himself in for...????

Uh...I don't think you should wear that...what are their plans for you TJ??

Uh Oh...There Tim aka Barnstromer2 hmmm...better worry TJ it could be an experiment in...TERROR! LOL

Heron

Platinum Member
Aircraft
Golden Butterfly
Total Flight Time
7.5 h.
Everyone is looking good! NIce to see so many loved faces . . .
Old Jake is great!
Thanks
Heron
Wanna see one of you Ed. ;)

Last edited:

SgurlEd

Aircraft
Total Flight Time
Ask Vance's log book
Here's what went on this evening. I was sitting underneath the Main tent playing away on my computer and taking pictures a very time the opportunity presented itself. Vance went off to Gab with the guys at the Morons hanger. Shortly after he left a gentleman decide to go out in his Para glider he seemed to be having some kind of trouble with his chute. He tried to blast it out the back twice without success. I wasn't sure if he was having trouble with his shoot or the Autogiros that kept flying through the pattern and he might have been uncomfortable. Anyway he finally sets off successfully!

Not long after he got up there the wind started to kick in...and not no little wind either! The Air Bosses Flight pattern board flew off the table it was placed on and nearly hit me in the head. So I decide to clean my gear up and go in search of Vance.

When these two fellas flew up on one of those giant ATV things and told the gentleman sitting at the table two power parachutes have gone down of airport and could he help them. This nice man literally drop his dinner where it was and flew out of his chair and hoped in with the two other men and off they went.

I didn't hear what the guys had said but I did see all the commotion so after they left I went over and ask the mans very nice wife if someone had gone down. She said yes she thought so but wouldn't say for sure then her cute little son says "two parachutes went down" and then the Mom piped up and said "now we don't know that for sure" and the little boy says unequivocally "My Daddy said so and he always tells me the truth!"...LOL Kids!! Makes me miss when my kids were that cute and little and still idolized me!

Well I packed my gear in the car and headed towards the Morons Hanger where I saw Vance Standing. I told him I had heard one maybe two Power Parachutes have gone down in a flield and of course Vance already knew about it he saw him go down. He said he watched the Parachutists struggle for some time and then he went down. So we both walked over to the fence and Vance says I'm sure the man is fine but may not be for very long because the field he just landed in had a BULL in it that's when I ran to the fence. We spotted the guy he looked like he was trying real hard to get her started. Finally he got it moving, by that time the help had arrived he was safe and sound. Vance said that another parachutists went down, but wasn't in the area that this guy had landed. We don't know what made him go down we are just glad he made it down safely and as Vance would say he can re-use the aircraft!

By the time we left the airport we still hadn't heard about the other fella. I'll let you know as soon as we find out!

Here's some pictures of the guy in the field that he landed in. The rest are the beautiful Sunset we enjoyed in the very same field shortly after the emergency landing
My Best to you all Goodnight, SgurlEd

I hope these pictures give you the feeling of almost being here.
If does then I've done my job! Cheers to all and have a pleasant evening!

Last edited:

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrs, RAF 2000/Mgni/Bnsn/Hrnet/Mrlin/Crckt/MT-03/Lyzlle AV18-A/Prdtor. Pax ArrowCopter
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
Good morning Edna hope you had a good nights sleep.

So far you are the photographer that is keeping us all abreast of what is happening, and doing a great job too with some lovely pictures. Loved the sunset.

Just past midnight and my son Stuart and I have just finished reassembling our partially build gyro that we want to bring down to Wauchula tomorrow. She had to be disassembled to get her out of the garage. Unfortunately he has to work early tomorrow so I will bring her down and he will join us in the evening.

Look forward to being there and meeting everyone.

route66

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
c-182/ RAF AAI Mod.
Total Flight Time
Edna,
All I can say is, “ THANK YOU” for sharing Bensen Day,s with us less fortunate.
I look forward to my yearly trip to Bensen Days and had a job pop up this year I had to take with reluctance. With your pictures and commentary I almost feel like I am there, THANKS! Keep them coming if Keep them coming if you can, I love it.

Vance

Gyroplane CFI
Aircraft
Givens Predator
Total Flight Time
2400+ in rotorcraft
Things got very busy the last couple of days.

I am too cheap to stay in a motel with high speed internet so it is not easy for Ed to down load the pictures. She has exceeded the number of photos she can down load on her air card in a month. She has some great ones.

We were enjoying the Banquet and friends until late last night.

We are headed for a motel in Bartow and The Fantasy of Flight museum and my annual Stearman lesson. She will post more pictures as soon as we slow down a little and we figure out how to use someone’s high speed internet.

We may work Sun n Fun so we will be very busy next week. I have a lot to learn so we will be busy even if we don’t work the show to save money and enjoy the great people.

Many times during the flying at Bensen Days we had around a 15kt direct crosswind. We had great pilots and no one needed repairs although some of the landings were inelegant.

I flew the Black with Steve, a Magni with Paul and the Yaminator with Ron. They were all bold enough to let me land an unfamiliar aircraft in a gusting cross wind. I felt this was poor aviation decision making, but they were the pilot in command.

Ron didn’t hold our flight against Ed and gave her a ride in the Yaminator also but the alligator was hiding under the lily pads so no Gator shots from Ed.

Ron won the Comtronics helmet that Comtronics so generously donated for the raffle so his intercom should begin to work a little better. He indicated to me that I talked too much so that may not actually be a good thing. Please remember to thank them for their support and generous donation the next time you talk to them.

I won two hours of instruction with Steve so I hope to get better at flying The Black. I achieved new, for me, levels of adverse yaw. My coordinated turns were not and my landings lacked style. Please remember to thank him for his generous gift the next time you talk to him.

Thank you, Vance