[OT] Simply scratch "impossible" from your vocabulary

Beautiful plane.

I'm so happy people like him exist.:plane:

And of course the ones who helped him, like Jurca.

I remember Jurca built and sold plans for a small wooden Spit with a boxer engine - no no. Nice plane, but it looked all wrong.

Cheers
Erik

Last edited:
Nice!

In the UK, we are limited to 250BHP so 100% scale size would be hopelessly under powered, and with the cost of petrol the smaller scale versions are more economical to fly.

That is truly something to see. The way it was done is awe inspiring. Thank you for posting this Kolibri282.

Sincerely SWilliams

Freaking awesome plane.

Wow. I love seeing stories about guys who imagine projects like this, and are able to fund and complete them.

You'd need to be well-off to fly it often. His fuel bill to and from Oshkosh would have paid for a new set of gyro rotors.

Defnatly sumthn to be proud of.
Nuthn comes close to the slick lines of the SF.

Wunder if he lost that finger prop startn the Allison. ;)

Wow. I love seeing stories about guys who imagine projects like this, and are able to fund and complete them.

You'd need to be well-off to fly it often. His fuel bill to and from Oshkosh would have paid for a new set of gyro rotors.

Maybe he'll die a poor, but very happy man. :)

That wouldn't be bad at all.

Cheers
Erik

A true work of art, I am puzzled by the amount of things that are not allowed in England, I would think that if there are so many people not happy about this there would be a lot of people who had terminal illness would be blowing themselves up and taking government buildings and people with them. Maybe the British think differently than I do and that may be a good thing.
Norm.

I had the pleasure of seeing her close up.

I had the pleasure of seeing her close up.

Bob flew his model Spitfire into Santa Maria and had a landing gear issue and spent several days in John Ready’s hangar.

The magnitude of the project was beyond anything I could imagine.

The detail and effort were on a level that elevated his aircraft to art.

I probably would not have noticed the small crack in the landing gear that grounded him.

The aircraft made a wonderful sound and Bob flew her well.