Oshkosh 2020

hillberg

Hospitals in various countries round the world have been swamped and have turned away patients, though perhaps the hospital in East Podunk might still be empty. However in NY it was a different story.

As for your treatment, it has been debunked.
out here it's like Forest Lawn. deadly quiet

as for the treatment it works, off label use.
as for the NYTimes & Wpost they are not medical texts [Greta Thornberg Climate Expert] No debunk only MSM propaganda...

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrs, RAF 2000/Mgni/Bnsn/Hrnet/Mrlin/Crckt/MT-03/Lyzlle AV18-A/Prdtor. Pax ArrowCopter
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
Glad to hear that, where I am unfortunately lots still dying.

loftus

Aircraft
Aircam
Total Flight Time
700 hours
Hospitals in various countries round the world have been swamped and have turned away patients, though perhaps the hospital in East Podunk might still be empty. However in NY it was a different story.

As for your treatment, it has been debunked.
To be fair nothing has been debunked yet; though I do agree that the initial promising results no longer appear so promising, the big studies are still in progress. People should not take a partisan approach to this, it's sad that everyone has an agenda - let the results fall where they may. There was little to lose trying hydrochloroquin if prescribed in appropriate doses and not to patients with cardiac risk. It may well not pan out, but we should not be happy if it fails to be effective. Even Remdisivir, now lauded as a breakthrough shows no real spectacular results, nor is it free of complications. Like any medication.

Last edited:

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrs, RAF 2000/Mgni/Bnsn/Hrnet/Mrlin/Crckt/MT-03/Lyzlle AV18-A/Prdtor. Pax ArrowCopter
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
Simply a thread about a subject that is of concern to most of us, and don’t be confused, you don’t need to read it if you are not interested.
(Capitals and you are shouting...not much of that in the Forum.)

This doctor has been doing a daily report which has been very interesting. Quite long, and towards the end starts talking about listeners who follow him which he has never done before. Think he’s just thanking them for their interest.

Getmobile

To Leigh, "capitals shouting", couldn't just have been making a point!
And you do have to read the article to know what it's about, i have never not read an article and known what it is about.
If i wanted statics on coronavirus i would look them up.
Not interested in taking this any further , like they say i can't win you have to much experience, i will move on and look at GYROCOPTER stuff.

THANKS The Tool

Smack

Re-member?
Aircraft
Kitfox IV / F1 Rocket / Magni M-16 / Beech 18
Total Flight Time
500+
It is sad that, in this time of 'pandemic', 100% of the USA cannot get behind President Trump to lead us back to 'normal'.
If you're not, you're part of the problem.
Brian

EI-GYRO

21st Century Crankhandler
It is sad that, in this time of 'pandemic', 100% of the USA cannot get behind President Trump to lead us back to 'normal'.
If you're not, you're part of the problem.
Brian
I assume you are being 'sarcastic'.
Just keep drinking the disinfectant.

Capt'n Gator

Aircraft
Dominator Single 582BH N401JC
Total Flight Time
150+
I am very sorry for anyone who has lost someone due to this virus or for any other reason. I think some people posting show a level of frustration with not being able to believe the information or statistics provided by the Government or the Media (both of which have shouted "Wolf" many times in the past) in order to advance their own agenda. It is a shame that you don't know who to believe especially when there is "Power and Money" influencing the information being presented for consumption. I do know that this virus has done one positive thing and that is to get everyone to up their game on personal hygiene. Being unwilling to listen to some people's concern about trusting authority is also being insensitive.......

EI-GYRO

21st Century Crankhandler
Happily, there is a large space between trusting everything and trusting nothing. Most of us live within that space. A few don't.

PW_Plack

This whole thing has been fascinating to watch. First, we were told we needed to be locked down for 2-3 weeks to avoid overwhelming the emergency rooms. Then it somehow turned into waiting to go back to work till summer. (Or, fall or later in CA and other places.) Many people don't have that long to wait before hunger and foreclosure become real threats. We can't just all stay home till there's a vaccine.

Every day, I'm hearing healthcare professionals, politicians and media hosts warning us we have to stay home a while longer. The thing they all have in common is none of them are missing paychecks.

Even a declaration of martial law to keep people at home would only be sustainable for so long. I figured the picket signs and protests would start appearing around May 1. It actually started in mid-April.

Tyger

Aircraft
Magni M16
Total Flight Time
Every day, I'm hearing healthcare professionals, politicians and media hosts warning us we have to stay home a while longer. The thing they all have in common is none of them are missing paychecks.

Now THAT is the crux of everything! Those in government always get paid, They are essential (even those not actually at work these days), unlike most of the rest of us.

I just read this in The Spectator (UK)
"certain figures bear revisiting — Covid’s roughly 290,000 deaths wouldn’t raise a blip on a graph of worldwide mortality (reminder: 58 million global deaths in 2019). Covid deaths will barely register in the big picture even if their total multiplies by several times.

For maintaining a precious sense of proportion, check out some other annual global fatalities: influenza, up to 650,000. Typhoid fever, up to 160,000. Cholera, up to 140,000. Malaria, 620,000 in 2017, almost all in Africa (so who cares, right?). In 2018, tuberculosis, developing treacherous antibiotic resistance, killed 1.5 million people. Why haven’t we closed down the whole world for TB?

What is destroying lives and livelihoods is not predominantly the illness. The UK economy is not in a tailspin because it can’t survive without the labour of the 32,000-plus fatalities, however much we may miss them as individuals. This is not a natural disaster but a manmade one."

WaspAir

Supreme Allied Gyro CFI
Aircraft
Bell 47G-3B-1 / A&S 18A / Phoebus C, etc.
Total Flight Time
stopped caring at 1000
Those comparisons are not terribly useful. In the U.S. essentially nobody dies of cholera (perhaps 6 total cases, not deaths, per year, treatable with rehydration and antibiotics). Typhoid fever produces about 300 cases, not deaths, in the U.S. annually, and responds to antibiotics. Malaria yields about 1500 (usually imported) cases with perhaps 5 deaths per year in the U.S. and there are prophylactic drugs available if you face an exposure risk (I've used malarone when in Tanzania). You're not at risk for catching any of those from shaking hands or sharing a packed elevator with a sufferer. TB cases, not deaths, number no more than about 9,000, and there is routine testing in the U.S. and antibiotics for treatment. Even influenza has vaccines available, and is perhaps 1/10th as lethal as COVID-19. Meanwhile, we're approaching 90,000 U.S. COVID deaths. Although the daily death rate is decreasing in many former hot spots, we still have no vaccine and no treatment for COVID-19, and it isn't likely to just give up and go away on its own. Testing can help to isolate carriers, but it doesn't provide protection or treatment to the people who are tested (just a "not yet, anyway" message if you're lucky). Even Pres. Trump, who gets tested daily, is still vulnerable to it if he goes unmasked in the wrong group; someday one of his daily tests may give an unwanted and scary result. It isn't yet scientifically clear how much immunity a survivor has and how long it lasts.

I sincerely hope that re-opening doesn't cause new flare-ups and put us right back where we were.

Steve_UK

Aircraft
I'm not a pilot but have been lucky enough to fly in Mi-24 Hind, Mi-2, Mi-17, Lynx HAS3, Gliders, GA
Beware a mutated second wave.

I recommend reading Pale Rider by Laura Spinney. A history of the 1918 pandemic published in 2018. Many many overlaps with today.

hillberg

Finally after all these weeks I know 4 guys with the Rona,
One in Washington state who has the sniffles ... better. No issues.
One with the cough and he fled the hospital when the tubes came out... He's 100% No issues
Another one got the flu in December and the Rona in January - Said the Rona was 10x the Flu... He's 100% and he's an old ficker..
and my twin... No issues.
You may remove the bubble wrap and move about the airport.

Smack

Re-member?
Aircraft
Kitfox IV / F1 Rocket / Magni M-16 / Beech 18
Total Flight Time
500+
The 'pandemic' has taken the place of "global warming" (later "climate change" when the other name didn't work out).
Some people (coincidentally the ones with TDS) just cannot help themselves; they always row the opposite direction or redirect the dialogue if not trying to shut-up the opposing viewpoints.
Just ignore this thread if you are one of the above types; you'll feel better by remaining blissfully ignorant.
Brian

hillberg

Lookie here. . . It does workie

This has been a public service announcement