Opinion on KB products

mceagle

Gold Member
Aircraft
Eagle Rotorcraft
Total Flight Time
600 hrs
Re: Opinion on KB products

Now that IS a horizontal stabilizer - It would be flat out following the curve of the earth and would probably fly straight off the edge

Brent_Brown

Platinum Member

John did you get the rudder cables hooked up yet?<br>I have to place my cables before flying the two place again.

GyroRon

Former Gyro know it all
Aircraft
Vans RV4 / Dominator 582 Ultrawhite
Total Flight Time
ALOT

John, how about throwing down some fertilizer and lime and then watering your lawn ;) <br><br>Don't let that gyro take time away from your husbandly duties. :-*

Screw

Lubricating & Stimulating
Aircraft
Dominator 2 place/Cessnas & Pipers
Total Flight Time
300+

That Tail is available through Ron Herron @ Little Wing Autogyro and should work for any Bensen type gyro with little adaptation.<br><br>

Screw

Aircraft
Total Flight Time
300+

Brent, <br><br>I have the Rudder cable hooked up, but I don't like them and will change them out soon.  I think the cable is too thin 1/32 and I want to beef it up to a 1/16 at least or maybe a 1/8.<br><br>I noticed that the left and right cables are differant sizes to offset the rudder (Always a little left rudder) for torque.  <br><br>I don't know whether I want to replace the cables and linkages to the offset or maybe just add a trim tab.<br>

Screw

Aircraft
Total Flight Time
300+

Ron,<br><br>Get off my grass!

ToddP

Administrator
Staff member
Aircraft
Dominator Gyro / RV9
Total Flight Time
500 Hours

John,<br><br>Are you going to have Steve test fly it for you?  Or has he already?  <br><br>You probably said at ROC, but I can't remember.  Did yo buy this from Ken Brock MFG or did you pick it up from someone else?<br><br>Looking Good...and you've got better things to do than work on you lawn  :D<br><br>Todd

Screw

Aircraft
Total Flight Time
300+

Hey Todd,<br><br>Yes, Steve has agreed to test fly it.  We are waiting for the head to return from KBM and along with a prerotator and rotor brake.  Spoke with KBM today and they said it was shipped out UPS on Friday.<br><br>Yes, I ordered the kit new from KBM.  Complete with motor.  They contracted the motor from Great Plains.<br><br>My business dealings with Ken Brock mfg has been a wonderful experiance.  For example:<br><br>They were aware of my unhappiness with the tail, so they allowed me to send the tail I ordered back for a credit to my account which is going toward the prerotator.  There was a mixup in the pricing of the engine assembled and test ran, they ate the difference.<br><br>At the time I was needing a tail, Ron Herron at Little wing was busy with Mentone so he sent me the plans for the tail and hooked me up with Moe Ezekial who built it for me.  I new a guy who covered and painted it.<br><br>I can't wait to fly it.<br><br><br>

mceagle

Gold Member
Aircraft
Eagle Rotorcraft
Total Flight Time
600 hrs

John,<br>A very neat looking KB2 - should give you hundreds of hours of enjoyment.<br>With your rudder cables, you should set them up for the correct offset with the pedals straight, and then also add a trim tab so that the rudder will stay there by itself at your straight and level cruise speed.<br>Unfortunately the correct offset is only determined by flight test. Till then you can only use informed guesstimation.