On our way!!!!

GyroDoug

Well, we had our second chapter meeting today. I believe all those that attended had a great time. We had 2 new members come that wanted to join us and 2 visitors, that although they were just curious about Gyros (they were fixed wing guys that showed up in a new Harmon Rocket) and weren't really interested in joining our Merry Band, they seemed to really like the information they got and were happy to take brochures and printed material to review. We got some training on building techniques and learned about riveting and bolting aluminum together. I know I learned a lot of very valuable information.

We also had 3 people get some air time in Nate's Sparrow Hawk and although it rained on me while driving down to the meeting and looking kind of ominous earlier in the day, it cleared off and cooled off a little and turned out to be a great day to go flying. I had forgotten how much I really really love flying Gyros. It got me even more motivated (if that was possible) to get my SSC done so I can fly all the time.

On my way home from the meeting I stopped by a good friends house (who I had invited to come to the meeting but he hadn't made it) and I basically shared with him some of the pictures and information I had gathered to bring to the meeting. By the time we got done talking, almost 2 hours later, he was thinking that maybe he does need to have a Gyro. I think I will be able to get him to come to the next chapter meeting. I can't think of anyone I would rather be sharing my Gyro Dreams with. What a great day it has been!

Life just doesn't get better than this!!!!!

Gyro Doug

Falcon

Doug,

I had a great time today and am looking forward to the next meeting. The guys at Airgyro Nate and Mike are about two of the nices guys I have met in aviation. I am looking forward to finishing up my license with them and would highly recomend them if anyone out there is interested in gyros or fixed wing. I hope this group will be around for a long time and I appreciate your efforts in getting it started here in Utah.

Gary aka Falcon

GyroDoug

Keep up the good work!

Keep up the good work!

Gary,

Glad you enjoyed yourself and I was really excited to see you bring your son with you. It is great to see a young man like him already have an interest in flying and learning bout our sport. I will keep working on mine until I get them to come check it out too. I guess we just have to remember it is a process and it took us a while to find this too so we need to be patient and give others time to realize how exciting this can be. Keep up the good work and let me know when you are going to start doing taxi tests with your falcon. I would love to be there as pit crew or gopher or whatever could be of use to you.

Gyro Doug

Rigidwing

PRA Chapter 2 Utah
Doug and Gary,

Doug and Gary,

I had a wonderful time at the meeting guys. Wasn't the low and slow "swampland terain" flying incredible! The SparrowHawk Gyro handled so smooth and efforlessly, completely beyond my expectations. Gunna have to change my username now because fixed wing is going to be a thing of the past! Still fun, but not as fun as being a RotorHead!

I was convinced we were going to be rained out too Doug, I drove through most of it and it turned out to be quite the beautiful day. I left my youngest son at a friends house in Lehi during the meeting and they were convinced I'de never return flying those "Crazy Gyros" and all he he. I definately should have brought him along, he's about Garys' sons age. He would have loved it. I showed them some photos I took with my cell phone camera and they said, Wow, that looks like a "Real Aircraft", not one of those Gyros, LMAO.
After a long aviation history lesson my friend of 20 years tells me, "You guys think you could take me up sometime". I said of course we can my friend, of course!

Falcon said:
The guys at Airgyro Nate and Mike are about two of the nices guys I have met in aviation. I am looking forward to finishing up my license with them and would highly recomend them if anyone out there is interested in gyros or fixed wing.
I agree Gary, I definately plan on spending more time with these two characters. Don't they have the best
jobs you could imagine. I know you work on the Hill and I work on the Depot but don't these guys have it made! I work in Heavy Equipment so I laugh out loud when I'm driving a D7 Caterpillar that weighs 25 tons and i'm just dreaming of flying weightless on a breeze LOL. Groen Bros. needed an assembler a few months ago, I should have applied.

I am very interested in your Vortex Falcon Gary. I'll have to come check it out sometime. My work sends me to the Hill quite a bit and I pass through your area quite often. Price VS Preformance the Falcon is a very desireable machine. I was discouraged by the lack of information and support on that machine though. You'll have to bring me up to date.

HOO-RAH CHAPTER 2

See you all next month,

Jason

GyroDoug

Let's do it!!!

Let's do it!!!

If everyone could just invite 2 people to come with them, the odds are one of them will bail at the last minute and we could each bring one new person with us to our next meeting. We could double in size in one month. The more the merrier they say. Let's Do It !!!!

P S Remember, next month we are going to be meeting at the Groen Brothers Facility.

Gyro Doug

Falcon

I am bringing my Dad with me to the next meeting. He has already taken a flight with Mike and he just loved it as much as I do. I one day will have a 2 place machine to share with my Dad and others.

Gary