Old Kingsbury Aerodrome Fly-in

Rainman

Aircraft
Mooney M20K, AutoGyro Calidus
Tomorrow, 10 Nov 2018, is the fly-in/car show at the Old Kingsbury Aerodrome and Pioneer Flight Museum . I called to see if it's still happening (recent rain on a grass runway) and the recording stated it's still happening, but to call back later as they are going to check on the condition of the runway. The FAA indentifier is 85TE. I went last year and it was pretty cool with lots of cars and some trikes. We had three gyros show last year as well. If the field is dry enough and the weather holds, I will be attending in my Calidus. Ray

Take some pics and post them if you end up going out there. I went a few years back and it's a cool place with lots of activity and lots to see. I can't make it this year, but I always want to go back.

I still haven't been to the Reklaw fly-in. I'd like to go out there in a gyro. I missed that one this year as well.

There was standing water on the runway when I called, so I cancelled because of mud and mess. Keep your eyes open for this one next year by checking the Pioneer Flight Museum website.