OK my friends... I could use a word smith.

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Airgyro AG915 Centurian, Aviomania G1sb
Total Flight Time
Gyroplane 70Hrs, not sure over 10,000+ logged FW, 260+ ultralights, sailplane, hang-gliders
This is the newest PRA/College team project. Having dyslexia it not helpful in writing to other humans who perception of reality of the written word is so much different than mine.

Zero Gravity Trailer

Objective:

Allow rotorcraft to be towed on a trailer with the blades on as if parked. Creating the smoothest road in the world using a flight simulator hydraulic ram system fast enough to remove a 6" pothole impact while driving. Tie the nose and main wheels down in adjustable wheel chocks in the cradle with the blades supported on poles at each end. It is a sophisticated shock absorber that removes all of the impacts of shocks and vibrations possible.

Description:
A cradle that fits on an existing trailer or constructed as part of a new floor of a home built trailer. Raise the cradle 6" with rams. When it hit a 3" pothole, the cradle moves in the reverse of the impact force canceling out the G impacts on the rotorcraft and blades. Assuring no flexing of the rotorcraft, mast, bearings, and blades elimination flexing metal fatigue while towing. It is so much worse than flying them.

Deliverables:
Cradle with adjustable wheel chocks and removable blade extension arms for those who do not wish to tow with the blades attached. Sensors in the front of the truck to warn what is coming and one on the cradle with a hydraulic or magnetic ram system that runs off of a car 12 vote system.

Last edited:
I'm pretty good with spelling and grammar, but I'm not sure what you're really trying to publish here, John. It's some sort of damping system that goes in/on a standard trailer and eliminates all shocks/bumps? Even the smoothest-riding cars can't really do that, and some of them have pretty sophisticated suspensions.

I think you're getting very far ahead of yourself with these projects John. At this point we have 4-5 projects and nothing to show for any of them. Adding even more seems foolish until we have results that we can use and can demonstrate the value of having done them. The very first one, a very simple prerotator, should have, at a minimum, a video of it spinning up actual blades and close up pictures of it. Where are they? If there isn't any results, there shouldn't be any additional projects.

IMHO, Jazzenjohn's right-on!

Yep. And trailering any Gyro with rotors on...not a good idea! Just ask Ernie for his opinion.

I think you're getting very far ahead of yourself with these projects John. At this point we have 4-5 projects and nothing to show for any of them. Adding even more seems foolish until we have results that we can use and can demonstrate the value of having done them. The very first one, a very simple prerotator, should have, at a minimum, a video of it spinning up actual blades and close up pictures of it. Where are they? If there isn't any results, there shouldn't be any additional projects.
Well, the college professors understand how to make them from my description on the phone before I wrote up these summaries. I know how to make them my way. They have waved the $5K each project fees and we only have to pay for parts because they know the students can make them all work with my help.

They are the ones now with the 3 professors that keeps asking for more!!! An for the first time in my life it's like having an entire design, multiple department engineering teams with a 1 year deadline to finish as they have to turn it in.

I'm not going fast they are. They evaluate the projects. Then part of the course is to design it, create a parts list and feasibility study to the professor and PRA board. Then PRA decides based on their solution whether to pay for the parts and continue. The 1st college wanted it so bad they paid for everything. I'm not pushing them they are requesting more and more. Think my last list will delay it until next year as I told UCLA they are too far away. Our 1st project won 2nd place, not for the project = as the S.D.S.U. professor told me was because we had a gyroplane there. That is how they found out about PRA. We are the project sponsor but at no cost as he wanted the project so badly.

I hope they make them better. I'd explain them but then you could make them too and I need the income to support the projects by selling cheap plans. That is all but the Zero Gravity Trailer. I'm filling out the provisional penitent for it and a robot idea for me, the last few days. That PRA will sell the rights to manufacture to a trailer company and it will fund PRA low-cost insurance program I'm been trying to fund for years. That is why I gave it to PRA and our community instead of putting the 5K donation on my credit card and keep all the profits.
You can all laugh at the results, I'll laugh with us and learn from it. At least I'm trying and this is just too good of an opportunity to say no to.

Last edited:
Yep. And trailering any Gyro with rotors on...not a good idea! Just ask Ernie for his opinion.
Yaw mon, I told the Ernie, Stan, Scott, and me demonstrating how it hurt Scott's fist between the mast and seat when Stan jumped up and down on the trailer with blades on. Scott yelled ouch and pulled his first out from the flexing even support on both ends. That when I thought of this solution, simple but the hydraulics are not cheap.

Without Zero gravity trailer solution, it would metal fatigue 90% quicker than flying ever would with all the bumps.
This will work, it may not take all the vibration from the bearing but I bet the mast will not flex. I told the professor it is exactly the same principle as noise canceling for one frequency. In this case, bumps and he gets it. It's easy.

Metal flexing has nothing to do with why it's a bad idea to trailer with blades on, Metal fatigue has nothing to do with why it's a bad idea to trailer a gyro long distances with the blades on. If you are solving these issues, you do not understand the problem.

Well, the college professors understand how to make them from my description on the phone before I wrote up these summaries. I know how to make them my way. They have waved the $5K each project fees and we only have to pay for parts because they know the students can make them all work with my help.
It has been much longer than a year for the prerotator, Where are the results? Where are the tests? Where is the prototype? Being in a rush to give them $5000 for additional work without anything at all to show for what they have done in the past doesn't make any sense to me. I'd rather the PRA fund GyroJake or Scott Essex or, if possible, Dick DeGraw on a project like this. They all have impeccable skills, a strong track record of success, and a long history of great respect in the gyro community.

Metal flexing has nothing to do with why it's a bad idea to trailer with blades on, Metal fatigue has nothing to do with why it's a bad idea to trailer a gyro long distances with the blades on. If you are solving these issues, you do not understand the problem.

It has been much longer than a year for the prerotator, Where are the results? Where are the tests? Where is the prototype? Being in a rush to give them $5000 for additional work without anything at all to show for what they have done in the past doesn't make any sense to me. I'd rather the PRA fund GyroJake or Scott Essex or, if possible, Dick DeGraw on a project like this. They all have impeccable skills, a strong track record of success, and a long history of great respect in the gyro community.
That was the way Ernie described it to us. You only have so many flexed in the mast. He may be wrong, but he makes them I would suspect he knows???

The first project they ask for no money and we paid NOTHING not even the parts, but the students kept the project as they paid for it. Now Nic is finishing up the solid works after the class ended. He assures me he is honest and will get them to us. I believe him but he busy with his first real full-time job too.

The 2nd college that called has also waved the $5,000 after 3 days of negotiations and me backing out. They want the projects and we've ordered about $800 of parts for both projects. Our total cost. Be glad to send both Scott and Jake money they never submitted a project to us or asked.

So what the heck are you talking about? The colleges want the project more than the $5K. I pulled out when they asked for 5K per project. Alex wrote back do not take my two projects away I already waved the fee, I want these cool projects. Scott is evaluating the other three. But he doesn't want them I'm already in trouble with the 1st college that started it all. He wanted these projects too but the BOD will only pay one school for each type project and we evaluate the results.

Stop being such a worry wort, it's not your money you did not think of, create, or implement the current programs that put us 60K in the black. And if they fail = No problem the next class pick up from there and make it better by trial and error with almost no extra cost in parts. And the have to finish in 9 months to turn it in.

Should I just stop because you do not know how to make them or just think the colleges are going to fast? What kind of advice is that???

Last edited:
Actually it the same advice I got from the 1st 3 boards for 5 years all saying the same as you "NO"! In 3 years since Brent and this board have said go to it. We are now profitable. We could have been there 8 years ago but for the No Birds like you, that stops all progress. Let me try this and see if just the Zero Gravity Trailer doesn't make millions for PRA and can fund almost free insurance for you!!

The others are all educational projects. New businesses have been created from projects like these and that is my hope here too along with enough revenue selling plans can software to fund the minimal cost of these and future projects considering it like having your own high-tech design, engineering, and manufacturing facility, going slow when they are asking for more is not wise. They are very impressed with PRA and the quantity and quality of the inventions.

PS:
They do not know these ideas are mine. They think is members inventions, which they are I'm a member because Alex CC'ed me his reply to Scott asking for $25K. He wrote these are members inventions submitted to a non-profit charity. We can wave the 5K for charities on a project by project value to students and charity bases. I already have waved it for all of PRA's. I'll take them next semester. I would have taken them all but did not know about them.

Stop being such a worry wort, it's not your money you did not think of, create, or implement the current programs that put us 60K in the black.
Actually it the same advice I got from the 1st 3 boards for 5 years all saying the same as you "NO"! In 3 years since Brent and this board have said go to it. We are now profitable. We could have been there 8 years ago but for the No Birds like you, that stops all progress. Let me try this and see if just the Zero Gravity Trailer doesn't make millions for PRA and can fund almost free insurance for you!!
PS:
They do not know these ideas are mine. They think is members inventions, which they are I'm a member because Alex CC'ed me his reply to Scott asking for $25K
All this because I asked that they show a result, or any progress at all?

It hit about the only pet peeve I have! No birds!!! Going slow will help nothing. The results will be the same. It either works to some degree or doesn't. They have been working with other major corporations and they keep using them too. The failure is not bad the next class improves it in nine months. All you do is delay the same results for later. Why? Some will work the first time. Alway better to start any revenue stream you can as fast as you can. I only have the new automated website, build the webinar program, cheap insurance and one other major needed project left to finish for PRA. Once those are done I can turn it over to anyone to run and I'm going flying. Not working for the next 5 years on slow projects that I delayed on purpose.

I did not retire at age 39 because I went slow and took no risks. It the opposite and why it a pet peeve especially as we are paying no labor or machinery costs. It only materials in most are less than 2% of the total cost to create them. Making the colleges fight over the projects and wave the fees will last for how long in your opinion? I found it's best to go as fast as you can with this type of opportunity. Use it or lose it and get them on the market as FAST as you can. Waiting is why business fail when your talking 5K for the most expensive Zero Gravity Trailer but it as the potential for earning millions. Let's see... go slow to make millions or as fast as I can?

Last edited: