Oh the irony of it all..... At last my 1st place on AVWEB POTW

barnstorm2

Platinum Member
Aircraft
2-place Air Command CLT SxS (project), & Twinstarr Autogyro
Total Flight Time
750+hrs and climbing
As many of you know I have been submitting photos to the prestigious AVWEB Picture of the Week photo contest for almost four years now.

So far I have had almost a dozen photos that have placed (second, third or forth place) or made runners up (exhibited in the home page slide show).

But alas, the first place spot has always eluded me.

Last week I submitted my first NON-GYROPLANE photograph. A photo of the Balluminaria event at Eden Park in Cincinnati ( you guys got to see it HERE FIRST on the rotaryforum ((http://www.rotaryforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14935)) )

This morning I got an email from Scott Biser entitled "Finally".

I opened the email to find out I had finally won 1st place in the POTW contest and that the coveted AVWEB baseball caps were on the way to Connie and I.

http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/potw/PictureOfTheWeek_196725-1.html

I am VERY happy about this BUT the job of getting a GYRO in the first place position still has not been achieved.

Please help by submitting your gyro photos to the AVWEB contest!!

Last edited:

giro5

Aircraft
prev- citabria,AA1b, fun racer
Total Flight Time
400 GA, 50 trike
I assume that was one of the pics of the hot air balloons at night. Very creative, very beautiful pictures.

StanFoster

Aircraft
Helicycle N360SF
Total Flight Time
Tim: That was a classic pic! Congratulations.....keep entering and you will win again!

Stan

Lew_Findley

Aircraft
Air Command A/L
Snap Shot ????? That's what we used to do with the old instamatics!!!! I think you put a little more in it that that...They are more like photographs. Any way, congradulations Tim. Also for You and Connie's award for the Little River clean up. :first:

route66

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
c-182/ RAF AAI Mod.
Total Flight Time
Tim, I enjoy all your pictures and enthusiasm for showcasing gyros and must say your Balloon Picture is a winner. If it was made a postcard it would be a top seller from Albuquerque to Cincinnati. Keep them coming as I am sure a Gyro will be a winner soon.:first: Better add a room to your house to hold all your free hats. Thanks for sharing.:hail:

Timchick

Tim Chick
Aircraft
Sport Copter Vortex, 582 Greyhead
Total Flight Time
~30
Tim,
Congrats on the 1st place winner. It was an excellent photo. I think you should rethink your gyro shot entries. Connie may be your best hope for your gyro shots. So far, most of your gyro entry shots have been taken FROM a gyro. With Connie taking flying lessons I think the better gyro shots will be of her flying and taking photos OF you flying your gyro against some great backgrounds. Those are the shots that will introduce people to gyros.

barnstorm2

Platinum Member
Aircraft
2-place Air Command CLT SxS (project), & Twinstarr Autogyro
Total Flight Time
750+hrs and climbing
Thanks guys!!

Tim,
Congrats on the 1st place winner. It was an excellent photo. I think you should rethink your gyro shot entries. Connie may be your best hope for your gyro shots. So far, most of your gyro entry shots have been taken FROM a gyro. With Connie taking flying lessons I think the better gyro shots will be of her flying and taking photos OF you flying your gyro against some great backgrounds. Those are the shots that will introduce people to gyros.
I agree!

I have managed to submit a few. This one made it to the finalists:

http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/potw/192585-1.html

But my photo of Ron Awad flying Connie in his Dominator at Mentone 07 I though SURE would take the hat but it only made the slide show....

Attachments

PTKay

Gold Member
Aircraft
Socata Rallye
Tim,
Congrats on the 1st place winner.
We've been marveling at Tim's snapshots for two or three years now (maybe longer?), and there's no AVwebber out there who's worked harder to earn a baseball cap.