Now that's a great engine for a home built!!!!!!!!!!

j bird

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Dominator/Airworthiness Certificate 9/06/12
Total Flight Time
26.5 duel,RAF,Sparrow-Hawk,Cavalon,Calidus.
"Runs like a sewing machine" taxying around on the Alvord, Oregon dry lakebed in 2015.

Last edited:
Ok, Jay, you won the award for most postings (five) of the same shot?
Are the "fumes" too strong there?

I don't know why so many pics showed up.? Kevin, I'm so wacked, I don't know if I'm coming or going🥴. No, I love my Dom, I just like to look at it, that's all. On a serious side, it's the Corvair.
Life's been at a stand still the last few years, don't know if I'll ever fly her, who knows.?

Last edited:
No, not that I know of, Jeff.

According to the FAA registration site, you let your registration lapse & they cancelled it, &, I believe, your Air Worthiness Cert as well...

If your "N" # is your month & yr. of birth (& initials):unsure:, are you really that old? 😄

PS: Josh still there w/ you?

God Kevin, I didn't know it expired, never received any thing from the FAA. I'll contact them for instructions to renew.
Yes, I'm that old, rub it in:(:).

The FAA probably sent a postcard or letter to your address prior to it coming up to be renewed under the massive purging they did several yrs. back to get rid of all the aircraft that aren't around anymore other than in their registery.

Someone @ your place must have mistook the notice for some rolling paper needed in a fit of addiction...& up it went in a cloud of ordorous vegetative smoke!

I know what happened, the FAA had my home address, I changed my address to a P.O. box, if mail comes with my old address, the post office kicks it back to the sender.
It's going to be a nightmare getting re-registered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Jeff, I've had at least a couple dozen basil-cell cancers frozen off my arms and back plus a few squamous cell cancers. That's what I got from working outside for 40 years, if the temp. got over 70*, off came my shirt, the cancers are the results.

Id like to see that gyro hooked to a scale for a thrust test. I kind of would like to rock that 6 cylinder engine, but not sure it would make enough thrust to make the gyro my kind of fun

The prop is driven directly from the engine, ALA traditional aircraft ones, such as Lycoming & Continental.

With a smaller diameter prop, you add blades to make up for the blade area difference.
I can set my 60"prop pitch for a static 2800 engine RPM, which will give me a prop tip speed 500 mph. which is 0.652 mach. well under 0.8 to 0.92 mach, the max. prop speed that's recommended, I could go as high as 3200 rpm static, mach 0.745 and still be ok. I believe there will be more then enough thrust.

Last edited: