Not sure how to take this...

Heron

Platinum Member
Aircraft
Golden Butterfly
Total Flight Time
7.5 h.
I only have 41 years of experienc with drugs.
My gang here did all the 70´s madness but I never used cocaine or other chemical stuff, just booze (way to much)
Today they are: police detectives, Feds, judges, doctors, mayors, house representatives, gyronuts, most got out ok, some got hurt. No one died, very little crime involved (casual dealing, etc)
Still, the entire system is geared up by and for politicians and police and the billions will buy lots of concienciousness.
thanks
Heron

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrs, RAF 2000/Mgni/Bnsn/Hrnet/Mrlin/Crckt/MT-03/Lyzlle AV18-A/Prdtor. Pax ArrowCopter
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
Problem is that we are socially habituated to accept alcohol and nicotine without seeming to acknowledge they they too are drugs and addictive.

Some people draw the line there, some go further and tried pot then draw the line. Some simply do not/cannot draw the line anywhere.

Thing is all drugs are harmful, some more addictive and harmful than others.

All give some kind of 'kick' or reward otherwise we simply would not be interested. Where does one draw the line.

Various country's and States have defining lines, cross them, pay the penalty. Don't control your consumption of whatever rings your bell, pay the penalty.

Like most things common sense, consideration for others and an eye for the law will keep most out of trouble.

Sheldon

Problem is that we are socially habituated to accept alcohol and nicotine without seeming to acknowledge they they too are drugs and addictive.
Heck I just found out that Vitamins are considered a drug in Canada..... But legalizing them would take a big hit against crime think about it.....

Just like cigarettes tax them, regulate them...
Then make them available through a prescription program, have places where the addicted would check in in a clean supervised environment with clean hardware.
This would kill the high street prices, severely damage the illicit trade market, helping to curb crime by making them available at a much lower rate, and reduce communicable disease caused by the sharing of drug parafanilia.....

I hate the stuff but just like Prohibition didn't work, people got their booze through illicit means and made the Kennedy's very rich, then they re legalized it, there is a lesson to be learned here

HobbyCAD

Homebuilt Heli Enthusiast
... regulate them... Then make them available through a prescription program, have places where the addicted would check in in a clean supervised environment with clean hardware.
This is already being done in Australia.

.... This would kill the high street prices, severely damage the illicit trade market, helping to curb crime by making them available at a much lower rate, and reduce communicable disease caused by the sharing of drug parafanilia.....
This sure aint happening in Australia !!!!!

Heron

Platinum Member
Aircraft
Golden Butterfly
Total Flight Time
7.5 h.
My generation took after the one before and boose was it!
Around the 70´s came Mother Mary and we got in to trying all kinds of stuff, liberal behavior and costumes took the next generation to get acquinted with drugs very early.
To step up in to cocaine was easy in the 80´s, the system had acquired the trade after Nam and the movies help spread the news.
The 90´s took drugs to the poor side of town (not the J. Rivers song) and made them dirty cheap as in crack, and here we are.
Last night in Rio, a family of three was coming home after Church, got robbed at gun point by three tugs. The girl (25) had recently landed a temp job and asked the guy in front of her if he could return her Job I.D so she could go to work.
He did, but the other one got upset and shot her in the back of the head.
All on crack!
Do you have the guts to go out there and round them up and start erasing this trash out of the planet?
Heron

Sheldon

This sure aint happening in Australia !!!!!
Could that be because they do not really trust your government... After the we just want to know where your guns are, and then they confiscated them after swearing it would never lead to that.... "fool me once fouey on you, fool me twice fouey on me!!"

But then I doubt we would fare any better, drugs lead to paranoia which leads to serious distrust of the government,,, No Wait...Damn I must be on drugs....:painkiller:

Last edited:

Heron

Platinum Member
Aircraft
Golden Butterfly
Total Flight Time
7.5 h.
There is only one real government!
It is not the one you elected or is in power by the way of the gun.
The planet have owners.
Hollywood sometimes let off a hint . . .
Heron
living in the first route nation and second user of drugs
did you guys know the fourth largest industry is traffic of wild animals and plants?
Weapons, Drugs, Human and animals, all come after those.
Aren´t we cute?

HobbyCAD

Homebuilt Heli Enthusiast
Sheldon,

I don't think it has anything to do with government trust. (I tend to think you guys in the US are paranoid about this latest "trust the government" issue)

Druggies don't care a stuff about any government, trusted or non-trusted. Criminals don't care a hoot either.

Helping the druggies, and thinking you are going to shut down crime, is a pipedream !! They will still advertise their wares, and create a new wave of users, now you have a government sponsored bunch, and a pusher sponsored bunch. Good going there mate !!!!

Now I'm going to BLOW this discussion WIDE OPEN. You guy's, as well as us Ozzies, are too soft, too many human rights. The law is too scared of policing the criminals, take on the baddies, so they spend their time policing the law obiding citizens. Take your ex-public enemy number one, Mr Saddam. He killed a thousand, to save a million. Take Pinochet, he killed a thousand, to save a million. Take the Israeli government, they kill a thousand, to save a million. You guy's take Saddam and Pinochet as dictators, but the Israeli's as hero's !! Yes, Saddam was a tirant, but he took care of the hassles, HARD. PROBLEM SOLVED. Singapore, catch a drug related person, user or pusher, STRING THEM UP. Saudi, CHOP OFF THEIR HEADS. Do you see a public drug or crime problem there? Nope my friend. Yes, in the underground of Singapore, Saudi, there are drugs, the super rich can fly them in, but it sure aint got the public access, that then so easily infests my or your kids.

When you US guy's took out Saddam, you took out the stabilising force of the other millions in Iraq. That country had the highest trained scolars in the region, go and check it out. Not all dedicated chemical weapons scientists, no, doctors, engineers, schools, universities. Saddam made that grow, by being hardline on those powers that did not want a modern country, those Muslim extremists we all hate so much. He did a good job, if we like it or not. Pinochet did a good job to keep the tip of S-America in western hands, and he did a good job. Ever thought what would have happened if the South of Africa went communist, (ie if the apartheid regime did not fight the communist backed black regimes), and if the South of America went communist, (ie Pinochet did not kill the communist backed opposition), and if Egypt went Commumist, (ie got to win the Yom Kippur war)? No sea routes for any economic trade, the Russians would have STARVED the west into submission.

I say, bring back capital punishment for drug dealers, violent crimes, gun related crimes, or child/elderly abuse. That's all that is going to save us. We need a hardline Saddam/Pinochet type of government, that tackles the problem, before it overpowers us. I'm not saying gas your enemy, use Saddams tactics, I'm saying, DO IT, TALK LATER. Exactly like the Israeli government is doing, the one that the US unconditionally backs.

My apologies for such an outburst, but I just freakin HATE the soft approach to crime !!!!!!!!!

Heron

Platinum Member
Aircraft
Golden Butterfly
Total Flight Time
7.5 h.
Get them while young!
and for that Russian bit . .who cares? we would be speaking rusky here . . .
Many nations invaded Brasil but no one stuck here, the owner xoo them away.
Still we eat, drink, party like none other. Comunism does not work here, nobody cares and if there is a party, we there!
Missing Old Mustache already? Try democracy with those people and see it fail.
They have been at it for 3/4 millenia for many reasons. Today we blame it on Mohamed but the mess was already there and outsiders trying to take advantage of it.
Brazil was created for drug trade and grew on it: coffee, sugar and gibirita, later banned for it became the currency for slavery and the Brits wanted the Rum market to prosper.
We drunk the Atlantic forest one cup at the time.
Gibirita is now know as cachaça and the caipirinha is a hit in Europe (cachaça, lemon juice and sugar).
The Andinos say cocaine was given to them to fight the white men by a god, powerfull weapon indeed.
The military is up to their eyeballs in it, all over and big time in the US.
Remember Clear and Present Danger? not entirely fiction.
Heron