not new but flying now.

Looks real good, but must be in same price range has rotax?
you have a price list?
Engines look like motor bike engines that were modified.

Found a price for turbo engine, 19 900 € HT 12.6k CND

Last edited:
160 turbo sounds just like what I'd like to have pushing me around up here in the high country. Wish there was someone who has used this engine for several hundred hours who could give us a thorough and concise report. I flew the non-turbo Suzuki based motor on a trike years ago. It was smooth, quiet and instantly responsive.
Certainly priced better than the Rotax and it comes with everything in a clean, 'buy & fly'
package. They can even make you a custom motor mount. Not bad.

Looks like that is the suzuki gsx R engine. Bulletproof but high revving. Not sure about the cooling.

I had a 1992 gszr 750 with one of these engines I am pretty sure. Never a minutes trouble besides keeping it under the speed limit. That engine felt like it didnat start pulling good until you hit 6000 rpm. Cooling was oil, never a problem. I believe 1992 was the last year of the oil cooling. Been a while so I could be wrong.

I think it's the Bandit 1200 engine. They say in the website it uses oil cooling SACS
The gsxr went water cooled around 1995 with the GSXR750WN

Just looked....they have a cradle for 912 mounting and a picture of one mounted on a gyro. Still sceptical about cooling. I had a Bandit....i tried to kill that engine but never could.
Interesting...

You can get a complete overhauled 912s in France for €12800 including tax and the prices on the Vija site are plus tax. I'd rather use a proven 912 that's cheaper than an unproven bike engine/gearbox combination.
Maybe that's why you don't see many flying

Last edited:
Hi Paddy,
You're spot on..of course. Just fishing for someone who may have knowledge of a
'proven engine' in this category/brand. What they claim as tbo and what is actually out
there to substantiate those claims are two totally different things.
I love the concept of the 160 HP turbo however.
Wish I had the 'throwdown' $$$ to test it out.

Hi Mark,

I'm all for something to come to market that that's better than or equal to the overpriced rotax.

Paddy