Not much happening here

baronpilot

Aircraft
Baron B55, Bonanza V35, Brantly B2B
Total Flight Time
I'm surprised at the inactivity of this forum considering the amount of machines sold. Are they all at the Innovator Forum instead?

Blue Chips

Aircraft
Brantly B2 N5911X
Total Flight Time
878 Brantly Helicopter 756 various fixed wing.
Just checked the Innovator site, 89 on line at 7 o'clock pm 1 registered and 88 visitors, that seems a bit strange.

MH1FLYER

We Fix Legends!
100 degrees 45% humidity and 105 heat index here at the shop today. Glad I'm in the shop, to hot for me to be out playing. I didn't even know they had a forum.

-willy-

complete novice
Aircraft
A R Drone (RC)
Total Flight Time
zero, does flying as a passenger count?
I thought it was fascinating to watch videos on youtube of the mosquito builders. One fellow was trying to learn to fly with zero knowledge of flying and had his helo tied to the ground so he could only lift off some four inches.
While another pilot was trying to turn up a brand new build and hadnt bothered to balance his blades. The whole thing was shaking violently.
In retrospect this is why we have laws now.

Atic

I thought it was fascinating to watch videos on youtube of the mosquito builders. One fellow was trying to learn to fly with zero knowledge of flying and had his helo tied to the ground so he could only lift off some four inches.
While another pilot was trying to turn up a brand new build and hadnt bothered to balance his blades. The whole thing was shaking violently.
In retrospect this is why we have laws now.
A few words written on a piece of paper called "the law" will stop these guys from doing what they want......?
I wouildn't bet my money on that LOL !!

bryancobb

Aircraft
Owned Brantly B-2b/Fly Kitfox III/Mini-500b
Total Flight Time
Heroes

Heroes

...In retrospect this is why we have laws now...
Sounds like Arthur Young and his clan, circa 1930'ish to me. There's a fine line between genius/hero and moron/yay-hoo.

Art Young taught himself to fly the newfangled machine called the helicopter...with it tethered to the ground and shaking violently. He's pretty much accepted as THE FATHER OF THE MODERN 2-BLADE ROTOR HEAD.

Vance

Gyroplane CFI
Aircraft
Givens Predator
Total Flight Time
2400+ in rotorcraft
A small corection.

A small corection.

Sounds like Arthur Young and his clan, circa 1930'ish to me. There's a fine line between genius/hero and moron/yay-hoo.

Art Young taught himself to fly the newfangled machine called the helicopter...with it tethered to the ground and shaking violently. He's pretty much accepted as THE FATHER OF THE MODERN 2-BLADE ROTOR HEAD.
It is my understanding that the first test flight of the prototype Model 30 occurred in July 1943 at Gardenville, New York at a closed car dealership.

As far as I know this is the first man size helicopter that Arthur Young built.

Besides being tethered it had big legs on it to keep it from tipping over.

Thank you, Vance

baronpilot

Aircraft
Total Flight Time
I inquired about a Mosquito XE on eBay. Factory built with 30 hours. I noticed no N#s on the machine. I asked if he would be able to get an N number for the machine. His reply was that it was not needed and I worried too much, but if I wanted one he was sure he could get it done since "the Mosquito guys have it down to a science."

This is why the Helicycle will always command more money than a Mosquito. They factory does not build them and hand them over to buyers knowing that they will be flown illegally. I wonder how many people are flying them illegally?

MaD Dog

Flapping Member
Aircraft
PropCopter...Shoffman Co-Ax
Total Flight Time
400 hrs on Gyro
When will they ever learn......lol....

When will they ever learn......lol....

When helicopters are outlawed......only outlaws will have helicopters.
There is no such thing as illegally flying a helicopter. There is still such a thing as freedom.....for now....lol....man, whats the world coming to? I guess birds need to get a license as well.:suspicious:

-willy-

complete novice
Aircraft
A R Drone (RC)
Total Flight Time
zero, does flying as a passenger count?
You can get a Mosquito that qualifies as a ultralight with a lift of 240 pounds (pilot weight max).

I dont know what the ultralight weight cutoff point is. I thought it was 264 pounds. Some one with a better understanding can help out with this knowledge.

You can visit the Mosquito site at http://www.innovator.mosquito.net.nz/mbbs2/

New these go for about $31,000

If I ever get enough money to fly it will probably be one of these over a gyro.

baronpilot

Aircraft
Total Flight Time
When helicopters are outlawed......only outlaws will have helicopters.
There is no such thing as illegally flying a helicopter. There is still such a thing as freedom.....for now....lol....man, whats the world coming to? I guess birds need to get a license as well.:suspicious:
While I agree with you in spirit, the law does disagree and it will cost you your ticket if you are caught.

With any airman rating you can fly any rotorcraft without a rotorcraft specific rating as long as it is experimental am built and you are the only occupant.

To fly the Mosquito XE legally (12 gallon tank and no floats) it needs to be Am Built and registered as such. Flying it around without an N number is a pretty severe violation. If the helicopter is a true XEL equipped with floats and has the 5 gallon tank then you can fly it as an ultralight since the FAA does allow for the higher weight if floats are installed.

Like I said, I think the law is ridiculous and you should be able to do whatever you want as long as you do not harm others, but I am not going to lose my 25 years of hard work and experience to save a few grand on a helicopter.