Not enough power on Cavalon

bilguun

Aircraft
auto-gyro
Total Flight Time
hi. I have a problem. because Cavalon has not enough power. when i check during the take off time. that time Engine RPM 5500 and Manifold pressure was 30 . it must be Engine RPM 5800, Manifold pressure is 35 . my mind is manifold is so dirtied or turbocharger is working half.
i cleaned turbocharger and carburetor . pls help me how am i fix it

Last edited:
Just thinking out load?
Are the propeller blades pitched to much

hi. I have a problem. because Cavalon has not enough power. when i check during the take off time. that time Engine RPM 5500 and Manifold pressure was 30 . it must be Engine RPM 5800, Manifold pressure is 35 . my mind is manifold is so dirtied or turbocharger is working half.
i cleaned turbocharger and carburetor . pls help me how am i fix it
When I am diagnosing an engine problem the history of it is important.

How many hours does the engine have on it?

Is compression good?

How do the spark plugs look?

Has it always been this way?

If it changed what happened around the time of the change?

As I recall the maximum manifold pressure is supposed to be 39 inches Hg.

There is a sensor that measures inlet temperature and will reduce the turbocharger boost if it thinks the inlet temperature is too high.

I have also seen sticking waste gates.

Twice I have had floats sink on a 914.

I would spend some time with the maintenance manual.

I know very little about a Rotax 914 and am not a mechanic.

Good luck!

"I checked, no change" doesn't tell us anything. Why don't you simply reduce the prop pitch a bit and do a test flight. These are Experimental aircraft, you know. Start with just a little.

If your engine is a 914 it should be getting between 39-40” of manifold pressure at WOT. I would suggest getting your throttle position sensor recalibrated and check the waste gate.