No More Ethanol in Florida Fuel !!!

Good for him, although it is likely only symbolic as the amount of non-ethanol produced gasoline is small by comparison to gas produced with ethanol, hopefully this will serve as the beginning of the end to the ethanol scam.

Ken

FYI. A friend of mine was the airport manager at a small grass strip airfield before he passed away. They (the airfield) were looking into having a fuel farm onsite. He found out that the ethanol is added at the distribution centers. Not at the point of manufacture. And, yes they were thinking of having mogas.

Having seen what the ethanol did to paper filters and the gunk and mess it left in the carbs that makes me feel happier.

FYI. A friend of mine was the airport manager at a small grass strip airfield before he passed away. They (the airfield) were looking into having a fuel farm onsite. He found out that the ethanol is added at the distribution centers. Not at the point of manufacture. And, yes they were thinking of having mogas.

Pretty sure virtually all manufacturers have their own distribution centers so not sure if where it is put in is of any relevance.

Here is a link to station that sell ethanol free gas, none that close to me :(
http://pure-gas.org/

Yet another reason to move to Florida!!

I've burned thousands of gallons of good ol Chicago super EPA blended 10% min ethanol and never had so much as a single problem,nor anybody in the Ch18 club that ive ever known...Not sure what all the fuss is about.....?

I've burned thousands of gallons of good ol Chicago super EPA blended 10% min ethanol and never had so much as a single problem,nor anybody in the Ch18 club that ive ever known...Not sure what all the fuss is about.....?
Well that's good to know.
Wonder what the difference is between Leigh experience and chapter 18, maybe the fuel blend?

Run it in a boat and get back to me on how well it didn't do. If you don't believe me just run a google search on boats and ethanol. Also ethanol dilutes the total power that can be derived from a given amount of fuel. Not to mention the widespread effect it has on raising food costs.

Last edited:
Yet another reason to move to Florida!!

When I was researching this prior to Rotors Over The Rockies, I found sources of ethanol free mogas in both 88 and 91 octane within a reasonable drive from Brigham City Airport. The stations that carry it here do so for snowmobiles and ATVs. It's about 20 cents per gallon above the price for comparable gas with ethanol.

HI Bro
Utah Rocks, only it is to cold in the winter compared to what I'm used to.
I would love to have a summer house there, until then after I get my ride, training, and some experience I'll be coming to ROTR and during the summer too to fly with my friends there through beautiful scenery and I'd like to fly through the desert to Mohab there are aches there that so tempting to fly even a FW through!

Really though, some of the most unique terrain in the USA too see up close and low as you really only can do in a rotorcraft, we can turn sideways continuing to look at the view and still be exiting stage left.

Last edited:
Run it in a boat and get back to me on how well it didn't do. If you don't believe me just run a google search on boats and ethanol. Also ethanol dilutes the total power that can be derived from a given amount of fuel. Not to mention the widespread effect it has on raising food costs.

Logged hundreds of hours over the last 16 years owning competition ski boats and no problems... Also have a 40HP outboard Bass Tracker Ive used often when I used to have time to fish. I wont argue that it has some effect on HP, yet I dont think I could ever notice the difference in my boat when I fuel up at the marina or use jugs... Just my story and maybe I'm just lucky.

My 2001 bayliner with a 4.3 Mercruiser with hundreds of hours never had any problems running blended 10%.

Considering what MTBE does to groundwater, ethanol is probably a better answer for oxygenating fuels, and that will still be necessary in high smog risk areas.

The fact that two or three of you have not had problems, is not all that significant. Many of the forum members smoke and have not yet developed lung cancer, which give no indication at all whether or not smoking and lung cancer are related.

Thank your good fortune. But a little research would show lots of other people consider it a problem.

Here is a report from a generally respected publication that suggests they consider it a problem at least in small engines. http://news.consumerreports.org/home/2013/03/gas-with-ethanol-can-make-small-engines-fail.html

Personally I have not had a problem either. But for the last two years or so I have been using ethanol free and will continue to when at all possible. For me the price difference is made up in peace of mind. I am anxious to see how this change in the law is reflected in the marketplace.

When I was researching this prior to Rotors Over The Rockies, I found sources of ethanol free mogas in both 88 and 91 octane within a reasonable drive from Brigham City Airport. The stations that carry it here do so for snowmobiles and ATVs. It's about 20 cents per gallon above the price for comparable gas with ethanol.
I don't understand why it is more expensive when there is at minimum one less step (adding the ethanol) and then delivering it to the consumer??????

There are several stations around town that sell ethanol free fuel and it's a little more expensive than the ethanol mixed stuff. A lot of the boat owners only use the ethanol-free fuel.

I don't understand why it is more expensive when there is at minimum one less step (adding the ethanol) and then delivering it to the consumer??????

Ray, it has to do with the extra expense of the special order by the retailer. I also assume the fact that it's the only source for 30 miles lessens the likelihood of a price war with the store across the street.

I'm just happy someone stocks it. $3.80/gallon was still $3 lower than 100LL at the Brigham City FBO last weekend.

The fact that two or three of you have not had problems, is not all that significant. Many of the forum members smoke and have not yet developed lung cancer, which give no indication at all whether or not smoking and lung cancer are related.

Thank your good fortune. But a little research would show lots of other people consider it a problem.

Here is a report from a generally respected publication that suggests they consider it a problem at least in small engines. http://news.consumerreports.org/home/2013/03/gas-with-ethanol-can-make-small-engines-fail.html

Personally I have not had a problem either. But for the last two years or so I have been using ethanol free and will continue to when at all possible. For me the price difference is made up in peace of mind. I am anxious to see how this change in the law is reflected in the marketplace.

True my story may be anecdotal, yet even Rotax asserts no issue will arrive from using the fuel. Like adjustments for altitude you have to jet properly and is of no consequence to the vast majority of engines we utilize.

Fly Yamaha G4 - it dont' care if you burn 87 gasohol or 100LL. It's all good. I've tried it all, it runs fine.

I do think the gasahol is STUPID STUPID STUPID...I aint' gonna be nice to you about it. I'm too old, too ornery, too pissed off at the world to put up with this nonsense crap. Damn whippersnappers, ought to be cane whipped, I says.